Oil Pump Go Boom Boom!!

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
1000413g.jpg

1000415h.jpg

I do things Right!!!! :pop: Thank God I got a new DCR billet 1 here for the rebuild. :) :pepper: & the beat goes on!!!! :pepper:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Was there any detonation evidence during tear down? Sometimes it sends some pretty violent harmonics though the engine. I've seen that on Modulars also.

Best of luck on the build! Those are cool little cars!:beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A friend just bought an 01 Cobra with locked up motor and I have a feeling that is what we're going to find when we tear into the engine.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I wish...................I'm still on the fench as to why the sucker let go like that. Pretty nasty!!! I got to admit, it's makes some nice noises when it let go!!! :)

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
what up? It's never says "Hi" or "Hello", it flips you off & runs away, or has a self destruct mode so that it never loses!!! :burn: Like Nasa, I shead parts as I go. :pepper:

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Hmm i wonder what oil pump my buddy runs in his 700hp SRT4 lol

I got a Darell Cox Racing Oil pump, has billet steel gears. Pricey, but learn as you go. :)
149bp.jpg

I should have it back together tomorrow............ I'm almost done with it. :)

1000411p.jpg

1000412.jpg

Power Coated some stuff turbo compressor, Oil pan, brackets....... I went crazy with the PC. It's my thing!!! :)

700hp or not its about as intimidating as a care bear

Being crazy & on a mission, driven by passion............ all I can say is the PhuckN thing is going to be fun. Bent rods, Cracked block, spun a bearing or 2............you can add a shattered oil pump to the list...........the beat goes on. I make light of a bad thing, think ++++ it will be worth it in the end. :read:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Heres a quick vid of my buddies SRT4. AMS built it..they then put it up for sale. So he bought it. Its not got a sheetmetal intake, a GT850R turbo, bigger injectors..and a few other changes. Its got a DCR auto trans..looknig to see what he runs with it this year.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyS_dxlaEcc"]YouTube- 573hp srt4 dyno[/nomedia]

oh yeah is a 2.6 built stroker motor
nicks-srt4.jpg

nicks-srt4-3.jpg

nicks-srt4-2.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I got a Darell Cox Racing Oil pump, has billet steel gears. Pricey, but learn as you go. :)
149bp.jpg

1000411p.jpg

1000412.jpg

Power Coated some stuff turbo compressor, Oil pan, brackets....... I went crazy with the PC. It's my thing!!! :)

Being crazy & on a mission, driven by passion............ all I can say is the PhuckN thing is going to be fun. Bent rods, Cracked block, spun a bearing or 2............you can add a shattered oil pump to the list...........the beat goes on. I make light of a bad thing, think ++++ it will be worth it in the end. :read:

Sick!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
149bp.jpg

1000411p.jpg

1000412.jpg

Great coating work. I like the color you chose. :thumbsup:

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
Heres a quick vid of my buddies SRT4. AMS built it..they then put it up for sale. So he bought it. Its not got a sheetmetal intake, a GT850R turbo, bigger injectors..and a few other changes. Its got a DCR auto trans..looknig to see what he runs with it this year.

YouTube- 573hp srt4 dyno

oh yeah is a 2.6 built stroker motor
nicks-srt4.jpg

nicks-srt4-3.jpg

nicks-srt4-2.jpg
So he bought somebody's already built racecar? Wheres the fun in that? Id be just as proud if my mustang got into the 12s knowing I put all the effort in as if I went out and bought a built to the nuts one and ran 8s.

mr2cam

Established Member
149bp.jpg

1000411p.jpg

1000412.jpg

Just curious, I know the compressor wont get near as hot as the exhaust side of the turbo, but will the powder coating hold up to the heat that the turbo will reach? I know people that have tried on the exhaust housing and it didn't hold up at all. My compressor and exhaust housing are both ceramic coated.

Users who are viewing this thread