Oil cooler for Coyote and best oil for piston jets

twistedneck

Established Member
Contact Steve@Tasca if you go with that one. He can probably get that cheaper since it's an FRPP product.

Thanks for the heads up DSG2003SVT. I forgot about how much you can save.

I spoke with Cooltech via email and they still make the cooler with the thermostat and they also recommended that one.

I asked if he could fit an even bigger cooler to the setup and he has not got back to me yet. When Setrab got back to me about oil coolers for Coyote they said they do have all of the parts but they don't specifiy them for you. I'd prefer to use a proven design and that's what we pay for with Ford racing or Cooltech.

One real very nice thing is the Cooltech has two ports that come plugged on their oil filter adapter one for oil temp and the other oil pressure.

Voltwings

Established Member
The ones the Boss guys were using were substantially larger than that one, which brings its usefulness into question. Granted, a GT motor is operating at substantially lower RPMs than a Boss motor, if its not shedding a significant amount of heat its basically just a "look cool" mod so to speak.

twistedneck

Established Member
The ones the Boss guys were using were substantially larger than that one, which brings its usefulness into question. Granted, a GT motor is operating at substantially lower RPMs than a Boss motor, if its not shedding a significant amount of heat its basically just a "look cool" mod so to speak.

Agreed, the Setrab heat exchanger in the Cooltech version and the Ford racing cooler are huge in comparison. Not sure if they are the same size or not, both look much larger. I asked Cooltech if i could upsize the heat exchanger even more and he said it was already plenty big and they didn't see a need for a Mustang to get a larger hx.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed, the Setrab heat exchanger in the Cooltech version and the Ford racing cooler are huge in comparison. Not sure if they are the same size or not, both look much larger. I asked Cooltech if i could upsize the heat exchanger even more and he said it was already plenty big and they didn't see a need for a Mustang to get a larger hx.

I have the Cooltech kit and yes, the cooler is plenty big and can't imagine anything larger being needed. I use 10w40 during track season and have never had an issue.

CooltechCooler1_zpsd580e175.jpg

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
The big question is, who is running an oil cooler with the Vortech kit? Seems like nobody has confirmed fitment with Vortechs intercooler.

toomnymods

Established Member
what do people use that have a intercooler in the place that this oil cooler is supposed to mount? I have a twin turbo armageddon kit enroute and need to find a way to cool my motor better..

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
what do people use that have a intercooler in the place that this oil cooler is supposed to mount? I have a twin turbo armageddon kit enroute and need to find a way to cool my motor better..

It's going to be tough to say for that. Your best bet may be a Boss cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread