"Official" VMP TVS owner thread

bad93svt

Established Member
I updated the list, sorry been slacking..to busy winning races...lol..ohh & running 10's...

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
there should be a vmp or tvs/svtp t shirt available for us lol. I was hoping I'd at least had a sticker of some sort in the box to represent ha ha

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
well got my tune done and car feels strong and runs great....working with rick and justin to figure out whats up with it but my car didnt do soo well nuumbers wise. i was shocked to say the least but at 20.5psi, sunoco 110 and 20 degrees with 11.8 afr it put down a meager 536/545tq.....
mods in my sig any ideas or things to look for dont hesitate to post or pm me. as stated, car feels awesome and runs fantastic, wideband looks great all around, everything checks out mechaniclly that i am aware of. maybe it just isnt meant to be??? oh and ive also added long tubes, off road x and mac cat back all brand new with the blower install plus a fresh set of br7ef @.028

2004silvercobra

Established Member
well got my tune done and car feels strong and runs great....working with rick and justin to figure out whats up with it but my car didnt do soo well nuumbers wise. i was shocked to say the least but at 20.5psi, sunoco 110 and 20 degrees with 11.8 afr it put down a meager 536/545tq.....
mods in my sig any ideas or things to look for dont hesitate to post or pm me. as stated, car feels awesome and runs fantastic, wideband looks great all around, everything checks out mechaniclly that i am aware of. maybe it just isnt meant to be??? oh and ive also added long tubes, off road x and mac cat back all brand new with the blower install plus a fresh set of br7ef @.028

Can you post a picture of the graph?

Do you know did it stay at 20psi the full run?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I got one

DSC_6452.jpg

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
i'll post it. gotta pic it. but yeah boost was solid all the way across the board. justin brought up a good point tht really has me thinking. im running 98 intake cams and they where not advanced when installed. put in straight up in the factory position. may have been off slightly from the svt tech and could be the whole problem. im gonna look into getting them degreed or swapping in some adjustable gears

Last edited:

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
std numbers on a dynojet:
blue and red are tvs pulls. the green block was a pull from the steggy 4 i had, with some belt slip on a fat tune and low timing. it ended up making a lil more but the belt slip limited it still to 15psi once hot though it made 482/517tq. it was just overlayed for comparison to make me feel better about gaining something. still not where it should be though imo. i feel like on race gas, a lil leaner and no slip i woulda made around the same with that blower as i did just now on the tvs??
dynorun_zps83ab3989.jpg

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
^^^^^ something is wrong

Hell ya.....

I just went with a customer to pro edge tuning in new haven, CT and his first pull on a mustang dyno made 560/520 on 14* timing 11:0 af only pulling it to 4k...went out the door at 609/567 which is 650/610 on a dynojet

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Hell ya.....

I just went with a customer to pro edge tuning in new haven, CT and his first pull on a mustang dyno made 560/520 on 14* timing 11:0 af only pulling it to 4k...went out the door at 609/567 which is 650/610 on a dynojet

^^^^^ something is wrong

you guys have to remember, Mustang Dyno's can be calibrated ANY way you want them to...the load can come on for 3 seconds or for 10 or not be on at all. You could drive your car to 10 different MD's and get 10 diff readings. You cannot use / compare numbers AT ALL from a MD period.

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
You are coming to MD? Nice!
We can put your car on the dyno.

yeah rick i live about 30 min or so from mir. raced there many times. its a good track. ive been talking with justin and we are gonna see what we can be figured out. i did talk to the tuner again about degreeing the cams, he said he could tell by the fuel trims they were very close and that is most likely not the problem, but i could pick up a few degreeing them forward and properly but there isnt gonna be 100whp hiding in them lol. my theory is that if they were that far off it would have trashed the motor after a number pulls close to 7k rpm and its still together ha ha.! maybe my vac side of my boost gauge is off? the map sensor shows around 23inHg through my torque app which is good reading, and im gonna do some compression testing tomorrow again though im certain thats fine also. he did say the tune is load based and the numbers are std.

i have virtually the same setup as you do rick, when you ran the bbk twin. mine is ported and my jlt is in the fender but other than that and the intake cams we are/were basically the same mods

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
yeah rick i live about 30 min or so from mir. raced there many times. its a good track. ive been talking with justin and we are gonna see what we can be figured out. i did talk to the tuner again about degreeing the cams, he said he could tell by the fuel trims they were very close and that is most likely not the problem, but i could pick up a few degreeing them forward and properly but there isnt gonna be 100whp hiding in them lol. my theory is that if they were that far off it would have trashed the motor after a number pulls close to 7k rpm and its still together ha ha.! maybe my vac side of my boost gauge is off? the map sensor shows around 23inHg through my torque app which is good reading, and im gonna do some compression testing tomorrow again though im certain thats fine also. he did say the tune is load based and the numbers are std.

i have virtually the same setup as you do rick, when you ran the bbk twin. mine is ported and my jlt is in the fender but other than that and the intake cams we are/were basically the same mods

Very strange. The blower seems to be doing its job as does the motor.
Hopefully we will have the "aha" moment and it is an easy correction.

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
yeah it def drops pretty quick. i'll have to reference some other charts with similar mods and see what theirs are doing. it was similar to the eaton tune and whats kinda odd, but im no tuner so idk, is that he didnt change the tune at all from the previous one other than added timing and minimal up top fuel if im accurately reiterating that. im not certain what all goes into tuning other than fuel and timing lol so ill let the experts chime in on what would/should normally be changed when going from a ported blower to tvs/ts/or other???

Users who are viewing this thread