Official Thread!! Cruisin' OC 2014 - May 15-18

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I've heard rumors that the Md. State Police will be extremely aggressive this year. I was told the were planning on setting up check points and fining people for illegal modifications to their cars, I hope these are just rumors. Bike week was a few weeks ago and they were stopping riders and inspecting their bikes as well. We shall see.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I've heard rumors that the Md. State Police will be extremely aggressive this year. I was told the were planning on setting up check points and fining people for illegal modifications to their cars, I hope these are just rumors. Bike week was a few weeks ago and they were stopping riders and inspecting their bikes as well. We shall see.

This really sucks! I can see pulling over people that are driving bad. What are they going to do, give the open header track cars inspection citations? Glad I didn't put the tint I have on my lights.

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
If they start doing things like that they will simply kill, one of the most profitable weekend for the city. They have gotten stricter each year I have gone. I believe this will be my 8th year going down in a row.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member

Where did you hear this?

bpmurr

Established Member

Got my $70 bucks ready for no front plate! I consider it price of admission.

In all seriousness through they tend to pull over people for really minor things and let some guy drive his Civic like a fool down Coastal Highway.

Last edited:

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Man I hope they dont pull some crap like that. If they do they can pretty much say goodbuy to show cause even the actual "cruisers" im sure can get yanked for some stupid mods unless that gets omitted if they have antique tags.

I got pulled a couple yrs for not following the move over law. But I was in traffic and couldnt get over and they pulled me out of line I was in full of other cars that did same as me.
So moral of story get the hell outa adjacent lane of a cop if they have someone pulled over. Its 3 points and a nice fine.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

Read up. http://www.fedcoplaw.com/html/searchandseizure_3.html

I'd imagine you don't have to pop your hood just like you don't have to allow cops to search your truck. Anything not viewable through legally tinted windows should require a warrant or probably cause that you are commiting a crime. I doubt they can use "you have exhaust so you must have other illegal stuff under the hood" as an excuse. If they say your exhaust is illegal, make they measure to prove it. Technically it can't be modified to make it louder, but who says it wasn't that loud from the factory?

Honestly, I don't see how they can pull you over for no reason either. Same way with stuff like sobriety checkpoints. They are basically detaining you with zero probable cause. That being said, if your car is lowered or has loud exhaust, I'm guessing that goes out the window.

Either way, **** the OC police for ruining a fun weekend. They did it to me a few years ago, but I was an easy target with a highly modified Jeep. I hope they don't hassle you guys in 'stock-looking' mustangs.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
They don't have to prove anything. They will give you a repair work order to fix, change, etc. At least that's what one statie told me. Got pulled for talking on phone. While he had me he gave me a repair work order for my front headlight tint ON MY WORK TRUCK in broad daylight, 12:00 noon. I said, they aren't illegal, please provide the test. He said he doesn't have to. I have to when I go into my mechanic for the repair. In my case, it was no fine, just 'get it fixed/removed'. Had to be done and mailed in within 7 days. Hopefully this is all they can do to piss you off.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Read up. http://www.fedcoplaw.com/html/searchandseizure_3.html

I'd imagine you don't have to pop your hood just like you don't have to allow cops to search your truck. Anything not viewable through legally tinted windows should require a warrant or probably cause that you are commiting a crime. I doubt they can use "you have exhaust so you must have other illegal stuff under the hood" as an excuse. If they say your exhaust is illegal, make they measure to prove it. Technically it can't be modified to make it louder, but who says it wasn't that loud from the factory?

Honestly, I don't see how they can pull you over for no reason either. Same way with stuff like sobriety checkpoints. They are basically detaining you with zero probable cause. That being said, if your car is lowered or has loud exhaust, I'm guessing that goes out the window.

Either way, **** the OC police for ruining a fun weekend. They did it to me a few years ago, but I was an easy target with a highly modified Jeep. I hope they don't hassle you guys in 'stock-looking' mustangs.
I got 4 tickets 2 years ago, Illegal/modified exhaust, tinted windows, and illegal lenses (tail lights), the 4th ticket had no title just a fine and court cost as the others did. I just paid them being I couldn't take off work to go to court. Someone told me because my vehicles inspected registered in PA and blah blah blah that if I went to court I would of got out of them all. I even asked the officer and she said "you don't like it then don't drive in Delaware"

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Man I hope they aren't bad this year and I dont even race people or act like a dumbass. But it just stinks if they are just picking cars out to make revenue it just makes weekend miserable.

And im sure they will be changing all the lights again so they all change at the same and create a massive traffic jam. Ive been going since it started and its just been getting worse and worse. My house is on 142nd and it takes well over an hr to get to boardwalk.

Users who are viewing this thread