Official Thread!! Cruisin' OC 2014 - May 15-18

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm a little late getting in on this, however you're not required to have a front license plate mounted to your car, IF it doesn't come with a means to mount it from the factory. If they've fined you this year, fight it.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf

I did some research on this and the bill never made it to a vote. They introduce something along these lines every year and it never makes it out of committee. The MDTA complains they would lose toll revenue from bad reads on one plate and police say it's harder to do their job spotting suspect vehicles. At the end of the day it really comes down revenue because 19 other states do just fine with one rear plate. I'm going to talk with Larry Hogan about this if he finds a way to win the Governors seat this Fall.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
I did some research on this and the bill never made it to a vote. They introduce something along these lines every year and it never makes it out of committee. The MDTA complains they would lose toll revenue from bad reads on one plate and police say it's harder to do their job spotting suspect vehicles. At the end of the day it really comes down revenue because 19 other states do just fine with one rear plate. I'm going to talk with Larry Hogan about this if he finds a way to win the Governors seat this Fall.

Well darn, thought this bill was actually passed. Looking at it in a little more detail it appears as though it never made it past the 2nd stage. Well, I suppose I'm glad I have my TRQJNKY no-drill front license plate cover :)

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=billpage&stab=01&id=hb0577&tab=subject3&ys=2013RS

bpmurr

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread