Official Thread!! Cruisin' OC 2014 - May 15-18

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I just got a pic of what's going on as you come into OC limits...

IMG_33626153360042.jpeg

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I am on another Facebook page for cruisers week and everyone is already talking about how crazy the officers are being with tickets. Kinda sucks. I guess the few that come up and act like idiots each year ruin it for everyone else

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
The fact is, OCPD hires a bunch of Tackleberry from the middle of nowhere as seasonal officers. These pricks would not qualify for any other department in general. Too young, lack of experience, immaturity and attitude. The permanent officers are also tired of Joe Dirts acting like idiots but they have more common sense. If you got nothing illegal and done nothing wrong, they won't be messing with you.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
The fact is, OCPD hires a bunch of Tackleberry from the middle of nowhere as seasonal officers. These pricks would not qualify for any other department in general. Too young, lack of experience, immaturity and attitude. The permanent officers are also tired of Joe Dirts acting like idiots but they have more common sense. If you got nothing illegal and done nothing wrong, they won't be messing with you.

I wish this were the case... I'll tell you a funny story about bike week when 15 officers and 7 vehicles pulled over me and another brother.. For "an unsafe lane change"

bpmurr

Established Member
Beautiful day down here. Hanging at Hooters and there is a good crowd today.

SteedaGT9150

Established Member
Headed down after work today, hopefully I'll see some of you guys cruising. Black cobra with a styling bar, two gauges on the pillar, slp exhaust

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I wasn't in OC for 45 mins and I was pulled over for having tinted license plate covers. Also received a $30.00 ticket for paring in a gravel lot behind Dead Freddie's, along with 100 other vehicles. Friday afternoon all I saw was red and blue lights as far as I could see down coastal highway.

bpmurr

Established Member
I wasn't in OC for 45 mins and I was pulled over for having tinted license plate covers. Also received a $30.00 ticket for paring in a gravel lot behind Dead Freddie's, along with 100 other vehicles. Friday afternoon all I saw was red and blue lights as far as I could see down coastal highway.

Must have been a directive from Governor Owe'Malley. Seriously though the profiling has to stop or they're going to chase the event away. I think the amount of income it brings to what normally is a dead week is worth the reward. They had plenty of people doing stupid things to focus on not petty stuff.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
Must have been a directive from Governor Owe'Malley. Seriously though the profiling has to stop or they're going to chase the event away. I think the amount of income it brings to what normally is a dead week is worth the reward. They had plenty of people doing stupid things to focus on not petty stuff.

I agree 100%

paluka21

Established Member
Got my $70 bucks ready for no front plate! I consider it price of admission.

In all seriousness through they tend to pull over people for really minor things and let some guy drive his Civic like a fool down Coastal Highway.

I'm a little late getting in on this, however you're not required to have a front license plate mounted to your car, IF it doesn't come with a means to mount it from the factory. If they've fined you this year, fight it.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/hb/hb0577f.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread