Official 2023 College Football Season thread

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I think UGA has a chance to win it all.

I wanna rematch this year, and there's very high likelihood it will happen. I'll be completely honest and say I thought we were gonna get steamrolled by you guys last year after a painful loss to TTUN, but C.J. Stroud and the Buckeye's O came to play. Of course McCord is no C.J. Stroud, but we have Marvin Harrison Jr. and our defense is leaps & bounds better than last year. We need to beat TTUN this year, i'm stunned as any Buckeye fan is that we lost to them two years in a row after just plain dominance over the rivalry these past couple decades.

Of course you guys have Brock Bowers as your equalizer, of sorts.

I'm excited for the CFP expansion next year, 4 teams never made any since, and 12 teams are the perfect number IMO.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm just happy we(Bama) made it this far. Our QB is coming out of his shell but also just got hurt because of it. He runs too much for his own safety and it bit him last game. GA is gonna destroy us and all I can hope for at this point is a good game. The only way Bama could win is if they played their best game of the season and GA played their worst. That isn't going to happen. But hat an upset! What I wouldn't give to have everyone hate us again...hahahahaha

VegasMichael

Established Member
More bloodshed.
Mississippi State and Boise State just axed their head coaches, and Penn State canned their offensive coordinator.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_6398.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yup, run the company into the ground, rank and file employees lose their jobs and retirement… meanwhile the mfer with a silver spoon up his ass lands on his feet.
And if Jimbo lands another coaching job he'll still get the money from Texas A & M AND his salary from wherever he ends up. Win win!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
The whole Jimbo Fisher thing is kinda like when that Boeing CEO "resigned," but was still got $60M+ when all those people died after those 737 MAX planes crashed.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Still though, morons will continue donating to these colleges with CEO pay for head coaches. Millions to coach a game, win or lose. Unbelievable.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The B1G said it has no evidence that any other team broke a rule but wtf do I know:

In addition, in it's letter to the Cheaters Up North, the B1G stated that it provided evidence to them that showed that the NCAA knows and can prove that they are cheating ****s. It is in the letter. Keep denying...loving how you and all the other scUM fans can't get off your high horse. You cheated, deal with it.

So you're good with coaching staffs collaborating together to decipher signs and giving that info to another team they'll play in the future, but not ok with dudes with cell phones in the stands. Got it. The NCAA has evidence that 1 staffer did it, and no evidence of Harbaugh or any other coach directing it or even knowing that it happened. Once again, how much did any of that help? Since all this came about, Michigan has outscored opponents 114-28. They don't need signs to dominate games.

How is Mich ranked 2 with their schedule. We could make a SVTP team that could go 10-0 against their opponents....

Because they didn't struggle against any of them like other teams have struggled. They weren't tied with Mountain West powerhouse Wyoming going into the 4th quarter, or tied with 4-6 Houston with 5 minutes left in the game.

You'll be able to post that again in 2 weeks.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
So you're good with coaching staffs collaborating together to decipher signs and giving that info to another team they'll play in the future, but not ok with dudes with cell phones in the stands. Got it. The NCAA has evidence that 1 staffer did it, and no evidence of Harbaugh or any other coach directing it or even knowing that it happened. Once again, how much did any of that help? Since all this came about, Michigan has outscored opponents 114-28. They don't need signs to dominate games.

Because they didn't struggle against any of them like other teams have struggled. They weren't tied with Mountain West powerhouse Wyoming going into the 4th quarter, or tied with 4-6 Houston with 5 minutes left in the game.

You'll be able to post that again in 2 weeks.
How's your crying bitch coach doing? Dropping F bombs while thanking God on national TV. LOL

Michigan is getting roasted. They are toast, whether it is now or in the near future but after the season ends. And I'm here for it. LOL

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
How's your crying bitch coach doing? Dropping F bombs while thanking God on national TV. LOL

Michigan is getting roasted. They are toast, whether it is now or in the near future but after the season ends. And I'm here for it. LOL

It'll be deja vu when he's doing it again after beating OSU for the 3rd straight time, proving like they have been doing the last 3 weeks that signs don't mean shit. Winning in the trenches does. I wonder what excuse Day will have this time? Cooper Jr's seat will be getting awfully warm.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Congrats on 2 years of wins, you seemed to forgot the nearly 2 decades of dominance over The Game by THE Ohio State University. Win or lose, I don't think arguing with you will do any good. Harbaugh could blow up the next team they play with a nuke and you'd just tell me it was false and propaganda probably.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on 2 years of wins, you seemed to forgot the nearly 2 decades of dominance over The Game by THE Ohio State University. Win or lose, I don't think arguing with you will do any good. Harbaugh could blow up the next team they play with a nuke and you'd just tell me it was false and propaganda probably.

How many NCAA violations did OSU have over that time span?

Tun Tavern was America’s first gay bar.

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
How many NCAA violations did OSU have over that time span?

Tun Tavern was America’s first gay bar.
Don't bring up tattoo gate, my god, players selling/trading their own items for tattoos, my god, that's like murder. Suspension on multiple players, Jim Tressel stepping down, the entire football program not being bowl eligible for the next year and them taking away the win against Arkansas for that year's Sugar Bowl, which I ignore.

Now Michigan gets caught cheating, stealing signs, and giving this advantage to the coaching staff and Harbaugh gets banned from a few games.

Tell me, does the punishment fit the crime?

Also, who makes up the NCAA? Why is there a movement to get rid of them? Well, they are a bunch of money-grubbing jerk offs who provide nothing to the game. All they do is drop sanctions, fines, and anything to line their pockets.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Me, personally, I have zero issues with someone cracking signs provided it wasn't done by hacking into the frequency of the headsets, stealing a playbook, etc..., If you are in the stands watching and you figure out the routine, well, the other team should take greater care.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
It'll be deja vu when he's doing it again after beating OSU for the 3rd straight time, proving like they have been doing the last 3 weeks that signs don't mean shit. Winning in the trenches does. I wonder what excuse Day will have this time? Cooper Jr's seat will be getting awfully warm.
Harbaugh is going to coach vs. OSU. There will be a settlement between the B1G and UM before Friday's hearing about the Harbaugh suspension (from what I am told). I'm also told from my friends in UM administration that the people who are pushing to let Jimmy Cheats be reinstated before the OSU game are...wait for it...Ryan Day and Gene Smith. If this is actually true, this shit is bizarre. LOL

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Thanks! Forget? Hardly. I've been a fan long enough to remember when the rivalry was even, when Michigan had the upper hand, when OSU had the upper hand even longer (thanks RichRod) and back and forth we go. It's always better when both teams are good.
Don't bring up tattoo gate, my god, players selling/trading their own items for tattoos, my god, that's like murder. Suspension on multiple players, Jim Tressel stepping down, the entire football program not being bowl eligible for the next year and them taking away the win against Arkansas for that year's Sugar Bowl, which I ignore.

Now Michigan gets caught cheating, stealing signs, and giving this advantage to the coaching staff and Harbaugh gets banned from a few games.

Tell me, does the punishment fit the crime?

Also, who makes up the NCAA? Why is there a movement to get rid of them? Well, they are a bunch of money-grubbing jerk offs who provide nothing to the game. All they do is drop sanctions, fines, and anything to line their pockets.

Remember, stealing signs is not an issue. The NCAA doesn't care if a team has another team's signs or not. The NCAA also hasn't decided punishment yet that was just from the Big10, so it's far from over. I agree wholeheartedly with your last point. The NCAA is pretty useless.
Me, personally, I have zero issues with someone cracking signs provided it wasn't done by hacking into the frequency of the headsets, stealing a playbook, etc..., If you are in the stands watching and you figure out the routine, well, the other team should take greater care.

Agreed. Scouting goes on at literally every level. If you're not smart enough to change up your signs enough that someone weeks later can still use it against you, shame on you.
Harbaugh is going to coach vs. OSU. There will be a settlement between the B1G and UM before Friday's hearing about the Harbaugh suspension (from what I am told). I'm also told from my friends in UM administration that the people who are pushing to let Jimmy Cheats be reinstated before the OSU game are...wait for it...Ryan Day and Gene Smith. If this is actually true, this shit is bizarre. LOL

I figured he would but we'll see what happens Friday. You would think that Day and the other coaches would be against the precedent that the Big10 has set, but... Good I hope they are advocating for it. Both teams at full strength, slug it out and leave it all out on the field and see who comes out on top.

Users who are viewing this thread