Official 2022 College Football Thread

beau t

Established Member
I would like a 20 team playoff but that might just be greed so we get more college ball lol.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Considering Bama’s 2 losses were by a slim margin and came on the last seconds of the game, I’d have put Bama in.

I seem to remember a 2 loss LSU team getting put in the NC game against OSU back in 2007. But no one wants to talk about that.

By your logic Ohio State should have played Kansas for the National Championship in 2007 then.
Like jpro said, even though their losses were close they also had a couple of games where they looked pretty bad. If Bama wasn't so good in the past would they be considered for a spot? Probably not. In 2 years in won't matter because all of these teams will be in duking it out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's official. Mississippi State football coach Mike Leach has died at the young age of 61 due to related heart issues. Sad news for the sports industry. It has lost a great college coach.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It's official. Mississippi State football coach Mike Leach has died at the young age of 61 due to related heart issues. Sad news for the sports industry. It has lost a great college coach.
Got that update earlier too. That's a sad turn of events. His Texas Tech and Washington St teams played some crazy, high scoring offense. Coaching is a super high stress job, especially when it's pertaining to College football.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Got that update earlier too. That's a sad turn of events. His Texas Tech and Washington St teams played some crazy, high scoring offense. Coaching is a super high stress job, especially when it's pertaining to College football.
Yup its very stressful, that a big reason for Stoops retiring. I think he was afraid he was going to die of a heart attack like his father.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yup its very stressful, that a big reason for Stoops retiring. I think he was afraid he was going to die of a heart attack like his father.
All I will say is this, just like a 2 term POTUS, every OSU coach since I've been around has aged at about a rate 3-4x the normal person due to the constant pressure on them, while coaching. They are compensated well, but is it worth it in the end? I say yes, but I learned more from playing sports than life, pertaining to how to work as a team toward a common goal. It's hard not to be able to play anything anymore too. I miss the competition, but it's more so the commaraderie that I miss.
The little bit of coaching I have done for my kids sports has also been more rewarding than I ever thought it would be. Not a lot of pressure there though.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
C386830A-D098-4DC1-B813-C5CCF4B50128.jpeg

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
SEC is off to a 1-3 start in bowl games. It just means more. LOL

Time for all these second-rate programs (with the exception of Bama) to puff out their chests if UGA wins the natty.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rocky Top is HERE!!!!!

PHUCK ALL Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!!!!!

Tennessee beat an 18 year old QB, who played like garbage haha No pocket presence, inability to change play calls at the line... he was playing Blackjack with 1 card, of course Temnessee would win haha

Milton has one of the strongest arms I've seen in college football, he was incredible. Good game for Tennessee to win! Next year will be fun to watch.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Tennessee beat an 18 year old QB, who played like garbage haha No pocket presence, inability to change play calls at the line... he was playing Blackjack with 1 card, of course Temnessee would win haha

Milton has one of the strongest arms I've seen in college football, he was incredible. Good game for Tennessee to win! Next year will be fun to watch.
Milton has a ****ing CANNON

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'm an alumnus of my team but I'm not ranting and raving about an irrelevant bowl game win

Enjoy your win, Rocky top is here

*edit* sorry, Rocky Top is HERE

*edit 2* ps, my team has won more championships than yours in the last 30 years. And no, I won't tell you, I'll let you figure it out. But it's the school with the greatest "fight song" and mascot in all of the ncaa

Last edited:

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
I'm an alumnus of my team but I'm not ranting and raving about an irrelevant bowl game win

Enjoy your win, Rocky top is here

*edit* sorry, Rocky Top is HERE

*edit 2* ps, my team has won more championships than yours in the last 30 years. And no, I won't tell you, I'll let you figure it out. But it's the school with the greatest "fight song" and mascot in all of the ncaa

That's right...NOW I remember...The Rhode Island School of Design "Scroties"
scrotie.jpg

You ***!

Users who are viewing this thread