Official 2022 College Football Thread

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Lulz

"FARVA'S NUMBER 1, FARVA'S NUMBER 1"
farva.gif

Teams from those "middle school leagues" have more championships than your squad in the last 20 years
ya know...it's Funny...I'm NOT seeing a whole LOT of those middle school teams listed...in the "CHAMPION COLUMN"

YEARCHAMPIONSELECTING ORGANIZATION
2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS
2010AuburnBCS
2009AlabamaBCS
2008FloridaBCS
2007LSUBCS
2006FloridaBCS
2005TexasBCS
2004Southern CaliforniaBCS
2003LSU, Southern CaliforniaBCS, AP, FWAA
2002Ohio StateBCS
2001Miami (Fla.)BCS
2000OklahomaBCS
1999Florida StateBCS
1998TennesseeBCS

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
ya know...it's Funny...I'm NOT seeing a whole LOT of those middle school teams listed...in the "CHAMPION COLUMN"

YEARCHAMPIONSELECTING ORGANIZATION
2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS
2010AuburnBCS
2009AlabamaBCS
2008FloridaBCS
2007LSUBCS
2006FloridaBCS
2005TexasBCS
2004Southern CaliforniaBCS
2003LSU, Southern CaliforniaBCS, AP, FWAA
2002Ohio StateBCS
2001Miami (Fla.)BCS
2000OklahomaBCS
1999Florida StateBCS
1998TennesseeBCS
I see your school (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually went there) listed once yet I see acc teams 5 times so yeah, my "those middle school conferences won more than your school in last twenty years" is still valid

TAF

Established Member
THE & Little Losers.png

also...

THE Ohio State University Football fun fact of the day:

The Georgia Bulldogs, Florida Gators, SC Gamecocks, Auburn Tigers and Tennessee Volunteers have NEVER lost to the Buckeyes

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Checks his notes...

All-time winning %: OSU #1
All-time wins: OSU #2
NFL Draft Picks: OSU #3
NFL 1st Round Picks: OSU #1
Consensus All Americans: OSU #2
Heisman Trophy Winners: OSU #1 (tie)
Weeks in AP Poll: OSU #1
Weeks at AP #1: OSU #2
Conference titles: OSU #4
# of claimed natties: OSU #6

TAF's counter argument:

Tennessee 20, OSU 14 (1996 Citrus Bowl)

Go back to bed.

beau t

Established Member
Now TAF done made me google the SC gamecocks stat claimed above i called BS but he is correct lol.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Now TAF done made me google the SC gamecocks stat claimed above i called BS but he is correct lol.

He actually accidentally brings up an issue that I hope a 12 team playoff will fix: these teams don’t play each other. While it may be true that OSU has never beaten UGA or TN, the fact is they have only played each team once. Hopefully with the 12 team playoff we see more regular season out-of-conference games between teams like U.S.C., OSU, UM, TN, UF, OU, TX, UGA, etc. Let’s see the big boys play each other in the opponent’s home stadiums. Imagine OSU in Rocky Top or USC in the Swamp. That’s must see TV!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
That’s must see TV!!!!
Im with you on this it would be nice if all teams swapped it up - ok we are going to play 6 in conference teams then swap it up better. Matter a fact after reading TAF's post i went to look and see when was the last time GA even played OSU it was 93 unless i goofed in my search lol. Yes a 12 team playoff should help w this and I'm for it but I would like to see more cross conference games also.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Im with you on this it would be nice if all teams swapped it up - ok we are going to play 6 in conference teams then swap it up better. Matter a fact after reading TAF's post i went to look and see when was the last time GA even played OSU it was 93 unless i goofed in my search lol. Yes a 12 team playoff should help w this and I'm for it but I would like to see more cross conference games also.
I think UGA beat us by a TD in 1993 and TN beat us by 6 in 1996. It is a shame we don't play intra conference games on the other team's home turf more often. Would love to see it!

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Checks his notes...

All-time winning %: OSU #1
All-time wins: OSU #2
NFL Draft Picks: OSU #3
NFL 1st Round Picks: OSU #1
Consensus All Americans: OSU #2
Heisman Trophy Winners: OSU #1 (tie)
Weeks in AP Poll: OSU #1
Weeks at AP #1: OSU #2
Conference titles: OSU #4
# of claimed natties: OSU #6

TAF's counter argument:

Tennessee 20, OSU 14 (1996 Citrus Bowl)

Go back to bed.
He lacks the intelligence for any other argument.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
The way the current system works, one loss and you are questionable, two and you are out. Would be great to see teams coming into the playoffs with 10-3 or 9-4 records because they didn't beat up on St Mary's School of Nursing before the conference season started.
Maybe have a system like they do in Europe for soccer. Three classes of teams, at the end of the season the top team in a class moves to the higher class and the lowest team in a class moves down. Might see a good MAC team move up while a crap Big10 team moves down in the rankings. Gives schools a reason to play hard up to the end to get a chance to move up or prevent them from moving down.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
He actually accidentally brings up an issue that I hope a 12 team playoff will fix: these teams don’t play each other. While it may be true that OSU has never beaten UGA or TN, the fact is they have only played each team once. Hopefully with the 12 team playoff we see more regular season out-of-conference games between teams like U.S.C., OSU, UM, TN, UF, OU, TX, UGA, etc. Let’s see the big boys play each other in the opponent’s home stadiums. Imagine OSU in Rocky Top or USC in the Swamp. That’s must see TV!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Michigan has a home/home with Texas in 2024/2027 and a home/home with Oklahoma in 2025/2026.

beau t

Established Member
It is a shame we don't play intra conference games on the other team's home turf more often. Would love to see it!
This was what i responded to not the first part. We need more of this.

rborden

Established Member
Who deserves it instead?
Considering Bama’s 2 losses were by a slim margin and came on the last seconds of the game, I’d have put Bama in.

I seem to remember a 2 loss LSU team getting put in the NC game against OSU back in 2007. But no one wants to talk about that.
Shhhhhh he doesn't know that having lost 1 game during the season is better than losing 2 games. He also doesn't understand that losing your one game to #2 is better than losing 2 games to random teams nowhere near the top 5. He just wants to put Bama in. LOL
By your logic Ohio State should have played Kansas for the National Championship in 2007 then.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Considering Bama’s 2 losses were by a slim margin and came on the last seconds of the game, I’d have put Bama in.

I seem to remember a 2 loss LSU team getting put in the NC game against OSU back in 2007. But no one wants to talk about that.

By your logic Ohio State should have played Kansas for the National Championship in 2007 then.
It works both ways though. Bama, while their two losses were close losses, they also have 3 wins of 6 points or less: Texas (1 point win), A&M (4 point win), and Ole Miss (6 point win). All of OSU wins were by double digits. Bama's 2 losses were to #6 and #17, while OSU's 1 loss was to #2. In addition, OSU has "better" wins as well, scoring victories over #11 and #21 while Bama has victories over #20 and #22. You can't just put Bama in "because Bama." If you think Bama has a case over any of the 4 teams ahead of them, you're crazy. As a matter of fact, explain to my why Bama and TN have identical records and TN beat Bama, yet Bama is ranked #5 and TN is ranked #6.

No disrespect to Bama, they are the gold standard, but damn.

TAF

Established Member
I jack-off dogs
Some of the stupidest BULLSHIT I EVER read.

PhuckEyes are "pre-season ranked by "Press" Top 5...they win cupcake scheduled games...never dropping rank...and then LOSE the ONLY game they play EVERY year that is of ANY consequences, AT HOME...by what? 25 POINTS??!!

They have NO BUSINESS being in the Playoff...and are about to get SKULL-PHUCKED by the UGLY puppies.

Listing games won (from annually cupcake schedules), bowl appearances, or that stupid worthless trophy given away as a popularity contest in NYC as evidence of ANYTHING...just SHOWS how PHUCKED up "the" is...

Meanwhile...MY team...from MY ACTUAL Alma Mater plays REAL Football against annually the BEST REAL teams...and I HATE EVERY damn Team in the Conference...but at LEAST...IT is a REAL Football Conference.

rborden

Established Member
It works both ways though. Bama, while their two losses were close losses, they also have 3 wins of 6 points or less: Texas (1 point win), A&M (4 point win), and Ole Miss (6 point win). All of OSU wins were by double digits. Bama's 2 losses were to #6 and #17, while OSU's 1 loss was to #2. In addition, OSU has "better" wins as well, scoring victories over #11 and #21 while Bama has victories over #20 and #22. You can't just put Bama in "because Bama." If you think Bama has a case over any of the 4 teams ahead of them, you're crazy. As a matter of fact, explain to my why Bama and TN have identical records and TN beat Bama, yet Bama is ranked #5 and TN is ranked #6.

No disrespect to Bama, they are the gold standard, but damn.
Not even a Bama fan just so you know, but the Vol losers got smoked by an unranked South Carolina team. Thats why Bama would be in over UT in my book.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Not even a Bama fan just so you know, but the Vol losers got smoked by an unranked South Carolina team. Thats why Bama would be in over UT in my book.
This is why we need a 12 team playoff. Get these teams in a "win or go home" format. No arguments about who the NFL champ is because they have a legit playoff, and soon we will be able to say the same about CFB.

Users who are viewing this thread