Official 2022 College Football Thread

rborden

Established Member
I don’t really have a team, but USC gets some decent coverage here in the Sparks/Reno area. I just like to watch great football, close games and nailbiters.

All the conference realignment movement is a little head scratching. There should definitely be some rules regarding the NIL. Saban has been crying like a little bitch this off-season. I respect Bama and what they have accomplished but he needs to get over himself.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I think it's only right athletes are able to get paid but this will be a bidding war going forward. Whatever schools can set up the biggest NIL deals will land all the talent. It seems like boosters and sponsors will be able to write blank checks now.

...not that they weren't doing a lot of this under the table anyway but it'll be on a whole new scale

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Lets go ND!
ND gonna get toasted big time in Columbus. I'm afraid it will be ugly for the Domers. LOL

1. OSU wins NC and Stroud wins Heisman
2. UGA beats out Bama for the SEC crown; Stetson Bennett silences doubters with a great season
3. USC will rep the PAC12 in the CFB playoffs
4. No ACC team makes the playoff; Clemson just can't get over their poor QB play and they lost a lot of vets on defense
5. I guess that means OSU, USC, UGA and Bama as the four playoff teams

Muck Fichigan!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
How about another tOSU Alum to say go Bucks!!! Rumor mill locally, here in Columbus, is that the offense will be better this year. I'm excited to see the new defense with the other OSUs D-coordinator coming to us in the off-season.

rborden

Established Member
cfp-2020-open-1.jpg

What does the CFB Playoff Commitee have against expanding to 12 teams?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
UGA is the only SEC team I can stomach. LSU and Auburn find lightning in a bottle like ****ing leprechauns finding 4 leaf clovers, Bama wins too damn much (gotta respect them, but yuck), and the rest of the league rides the coattails of the success of others. WTF has A&M, SCar, etc. ever done? Seems UGA just said "**** it, we're gonna keep at this until we finally get it." And they finally did! Gotta respect that.

I'm a Buckeye, but give credit where it is due. UGA won more than a natty last year, they won respect.

rborden

Established Member
I dont even think Georgia should have been in the CFB playoff, they didnt win their Conference Championship Game. But the SEC nuthugger bs played them in anyhow.

Get rid of the conference championship games and do a 12 team playoff.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
ND gonna get toasted big time in Columbus. I'm afraid it will be ugly for the Domers. LOL

1. OSU wins NC and Stroud wins Heisman
2. UGA beats out Bama for the SEC crown; Stetson Bennett silences doubters with a great season
3. USC will rep the PAC12 in the CFB playoffs
4. No ACC team makes the playoff; Clemson just can't get over their poor QB play and they lost a lot of vets on defense
5. I guess that means OSU, USC, UGA and Bama as the four playoff teams

Muck Fichigan!
That's adorable.
cfp-2020-open-1.jpg

What does the CFB Playoff Commitee have against expanding to 12 teams?
What retard put that list together?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
That's adorable.

What retard put that list together?
I know you're a Michigan fan, but I thought you wouldn't puff your chest out over your second win in 20 years. LOL but props to them, especially Hutch and Ojabo. They played like men against us.

Book it: Wolverines get boat raced in Cbus. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I know you're a Michigan fan, but I thought you wouldn't puff your chest out over your second win in 20 years. LOL but props to them, especially Hutch and Ojabo. They played like men against us.

Book it: Wolverines get boat raced in Cbus. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Shit why wouldn't I? I waited 10 years for it, although we both know it really should've been 5, but I digress.

I'm positive you said the same thing would happen last year. That was a different team last year. Refreshing to see. Hopefully the same attitude will carry over to this year.

beau t

Established Member
I dont even think Georgia should have been in the CFB playoff, they didnt win their Conference Championship Game. But the SEC nuthugger bs played them in anyhow

Maybe this will help you understand it wasn't because of us nut hugger sec guys. BTW for someone who dosen't even pull for a team i can't believe you still salty about this!

Door open for teams to get in playoff without winning conference, division titles​

A rash of upsets on Saturday has thrown the College Football Playoff into chaos​

[IMG alt=" Dennis Dodd
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/05/04/d660dee6-a5b1-45fd-bd82-775ee7744f42/thumbnail/80x80/07db7edab5f38b67ba448e6ea9e02755/dennisdodd.png[/IMG]

By Dennis Dodd

Nov 14, 2016 at 12:04 pm ET•2 min read

You wanted this. At least all of you who wanted a playoff. Certainly all of you who pushed college football toward the BCS.
The minute that happened back in 1998, it was possible a team that didn't so much as win its division could win a national championship.
It almost happened in 2001 with Nebraska. In 2003, Oklahoma lost the Big 12 championship game by four touchdowns, remained No. 1 in the BCS and played for the national championship.
Alabama took it a step further in 2011.
Before the BCS, the last time a team that didn't win a conference won the national title was 1989, and Miami had an excuse back then: It was an independent.

After the Great Upset Saturday of 2016, it could happen again. That's just one of the conclusions after Nos. 2-3-4 all lost on the same day for the first time since 1985.
Losses by Clemson, Michigan and Washington, among other things, made it a very good day for the likes of Louisville.
Bottom line from Saturday: The more two-loss conference champions, the better it is for any Power Five school with less than two losses that doesn't win its conference.

Cardinals fans (and their coach) have been whining since an Oct. 1 loss to Clemson that their team deserved better. Louisville's effort died that day on Clemson's 9-yard line when James Quick was stopped short of a first down.
Clemson won 42-36 and that was very much that.
Until Saturday.
In the short term, the jumble at the top forces the College Football Playoff Selection Committee to make tough choices this week. For example, who gets ranked higher: Clemson or Louisville?
They're tied atop the ACC Atlantic Division. They both have one loss. Clemson has the tiebreaker but Louisville is playing better. Isn't it?

The Cardinals could win out at 11-1 and still be considered one of the best four in the country. The BCS -- and now the CFP -- has taught us that much. The same for Ohio State, which could essentially cut its own throat by beating Michigan in two weeks.
In that scenario, Penn State, provided the Nittany Lions beat Rutgers and Michigan State, would win a tiebreaker for the Big Ten East because it beat Ohio State earlier this season. Like Louisville, Ohio State would be sitting out there at 11-1.
There are other scenarios laid out by Jon Solomon. The chances for an outlier that didn't win its league are enhanced if at least one two-loss team wins a Power Five conference.

Users who are viewing this thread