Official 2019 F1 thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Conspiracy theory time.

Mercedes is still the fastest, by a lot, and have/had the pace to win every race.

They started making stupid strategy calls, just don't have pace and then there are moments when the cars are all of a sudden brutally fast, then they back off. Albon even mentioned that Bottas was just toying with him, on the last lap he took off and the Redbull had nothing for him.

If Mercedes continues to dominate like they did in the first half of the year, they will be slapped with some regulation from the FIA like Ferrari was during the Michael years. They know all Lewis needs is a 5th place or better for every race from now on to win, even in LeClerc won every single race from here on out. This is basically to guarantee their championship for next year as well.

If they have 2 races with Mechanical issues that knocks Lewis into a dangerous territory, we will see just how fast the silver cars will go (it's still much faster than any other car).

I could believe that, sandbag and just do enough to keep Lewis comfortably in the lead and still mop up constructors etc...

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I’ve thought that the Mercs have been sandbagging at every turn. Preseason testing, summer break, second half of the season. I completely agree that if it was ever to get close to the lead slipping away, the Silver Arrows would miraculously find just enough pace to stay ahead.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Stupid race is stupid.

Someone at Ferrari is going to have to put their foot down for Leclerc and Seb bitching about team orders.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Stupid race is stupid.

Someone at Ferrari is going to have to put their foot down for Leclerc and Seb bitching about team orders.

Ferrari overmanaged that race before the lights even went out. I’m not a Vettel fan but he was fired out of a cannon off the line. There is NO WAY he should have been expected to give up that position.

Glad to see Albon with a solid drive from the pits to 5th. I enjoy watching him more than I ever enjoyed Gasly. I hope they either retain him on RBR or at least TR if they end up signing Hulk for the main team.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Since I have got my new Ferrari hat, only one car has finished a race.

And it took 4th place.

I guess I can't wear this anymore.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What a cluster ****.....Ferrari clearly has discipline issues with drivers and serious issues with reliability....
Yes they do.

I don't know exactly that to do in that situation.

One 4 time world champ, with the most wins/podiums in a Ferrari since Schumi, that can still throw down but makes mistakes.

One 2nd year driver, a Ferrari-groomed kid who has arguably more pace and is a magician in qualifying.

You want both, but neither driver will play as number 2.

That touch was so painfully minor for that amount of damage. How does Mercedes make a car that can make contact all the time and it doesn't do a damn thing, but as soon as someone farts on a Ferrari it rips the suspension out of it?

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
These 2 guys at Ferrari are brutal.. Leclerc is the better driver and Vettel is trying to prove he's #1.. I'm blame management @ Ferrari. These problems never happened in the past with Schumi vs /Irvine/Barichello/Massi
Schumi was always the fastest.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yes they do.

I don't know exactly that to do in that situation.

One 4 time world champ, with the most wins/podiums in a Ferrari since Schumi, that can still throw down but makes mistakes.

One 2nd year driver, a Ferrari-groomed kid who has arguably more pace and is a magician in qualifying.

You want both, but neither driver will play as number 2.

That touch was so painfully minor for that amount of damage. How does Mercedes make a car that can make contact all the time and it doesn't do a damn thing, but as soon as someone farts on a Ferrari it rips the suspension out of it?

I think the issues with reliability are the bigger problem and its compounding the trouble brewing between Leclerc and Vettel.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
These 2 guys at Ferrari are brutal.. Leclerc is the better driver and Vettel is trying to prove he's #1.. I'm blame management @ Ferrari. These problems never happened in the past with Schumi vs /Irvine/Barichello/Massi
Schumi was always the fastest.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm hoping next year shows a stronger car. I think if the Ferrari's had more pace and better tire deg they could play it more safe like the Mercs. There is a lot to be said about risky, different strategies between cars. It doesn't always work and sometimes requires a safety car at the right time to take advantage of it.

It was my understanding that this car was Arrivabene's car still, and Binotto was making changes to it throughout the year. I know it's been said since like 2010, but Ferrari might be better next year lol.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm hoping next year shows a stronger car. I think if the Ferrari's had more pace and better tire deg they could play it more safe like the Mercs. There is a lot to be said about risky, different strategies between cars. It doesn't always work and sometimes requires a safety car at the right time to take advantage of it.

It was my understanding that this car was Arrivabene's car still, and Binotto was making changes to it throughout the year. I know it's been said since like 2010, but Ferrari might be better next year lol.

I would love to see the Ferrari out front again, but I am starting to think Schumacher and Kimi to a lessor extent just willed that car to the checkered flag.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I would love to see the Ferrari out front again, but I am starting to think Schumacher and Kimi to a lessor extent just willed that car to the checkered flag.
Remember when GT Premi said Mark Webber was one of the best F1 drivers of all time

lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Remember when GT Premi said Mark Webber was one of the best F1 drivers of all time

lol

and that teams that shouldn't develop cars with their drivers input...LMFAO, spend millions on top tier talent and not use any driver feedback in car development...and that Schumacher was a bully, lol, guess he never watched Prost, Senna :D

source.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
Cut Vettel and sign Ricciardo. I said it earlier this year, a Leclerc/Ricciardo Ferrari team would be unstoppable.

Only to the extent that the car is capable. F1 is more dependent on the car than at any point in the past.

Schumacher didn't will it to victory. He simply had the car built to his exact specifications. You have to remember, when he went to Ferrari, they were trash. He rebuilt that marquee' from the ground up with his input on what the car should be like. That's why I'll always consider him the GOAT. I defy you to find another driver that rebuilt ANY team like he did, much less the most famous name in F1.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Only to the extent that the car is capable. F1 is more dependent on the car than at any point in the past.

Schumacher didn't will it to victory. He simply had the car built to his exact specifications. You have to remember, when he went to Ferrari, they were trash. He rebuilt that marquee' from the ground up with his input on what the car should be like. That's why I'll always consider him the GOAT. I defy you to find another driver that rebuilt ANY team like he did, much less the most famous name in F1.

That’s in the vein of what I was saying, but you put it much better.

Users who are viewing this thread