Official 2019 F1 thread

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Finally got to watch the DVR of Silverstone. What a race! Tough for Bottas.

Vettel’s deterioration continues. He’s falling apart at an alarming rate.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well,

I hate that Lewis won, but he had to work for that one. It was a genuine gamble they took and it paid off.

For some reason I think his strategists and also, myself, thought that Max didn't have the pace that Lewis did on a fresh set of tires. Boy were we wrong. They should have pit him right after Lewis went in and sent him out to fight. He was like 1.4s quicker on his last laps than the quickest Lewis ran all race lol.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I complete agree with the Martin Brundle. The Mercs completely caught RBR napping. It hadn’t even crossed their mind that the Mercs would pit Lewis. They hadn’t run any of the simulations and had no idea if they should put. And the moment he passed the pit lane after the lap, they had committed (and were doomed).

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2lx9gmg.jpg

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member

Lol

I really hope they put someone else in that car next year. I’m really pulling for Ricciardo.

I keep hearing a lot of people say Max might go to Mercedes. That would be very interesting.

The summer break is here. So drivers changes are the talk of the town. Here is how I want to see the line up in 2020.

MB: Hamilton and Verstappen
Ferrari: Leclerc and Ricciardo
RBR: Hulkenberg and Albon
McLaren: Sainz and Norris
Alpha Romero: Railkkonen and ? (Mick Schumacher?)
Toro Rosso: Kvyat and ?
Renault: Ocon and Gasly
Haas: Magnussen and Giovinazzi
Racing Point: Perez and Russell
Williams: Bottas and ?

I know there is a 0% chance Stroll is fired from his daddy’s team, but he doesn’t deserve to be there IMO.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol

I really hope they put someone else in that car next year. I’m really pulling for Ricciardo.

I keep hearing a lot of people say Max might go to Mercedes. That would be very interesting.

The summer break is here. So drivers changes are the talk of the town. Here is how I want to see the line up in 2020.

MB: Hamilton and Verstappen
Ferrari: Leclerc and Ricciardo
RBR: Hulkenberg and Albon
McLaren: Sainz and Norris
Alpha Romero: Railkkonen and ? (Mick Schumacher?)
Toro Rosso: Kvyat and ?
Renault: Ocon and Gasly
Haas: Magnussen and Giovinazzi
Racing Point: Perez and Russell
Williams: Bottas and ?

I know there is a 0% chance Stroll is fired from his daddy’s team, but he doesn’t deserve to be there IMO.

I'd be really surprised if Max went to Mercedes. Two number 1 drivers on a team, not to mention Max is even more ruthless than Nico was, Toto wants Lewis to break Michael's records, adding Max will severely halt that.

If Bottas does get booted (which I don't think he will) it will be either Ocon or Russell. I would love to see Russell because I genuinely think he is as fast (or faster) as any of the top drivers.

Mick isn't ready. I don't think he even has his super license yet.

I bet Williams keeps Kubica as a development driver and Latifi joins whoever will be the other driver. I imagine Claire realllly wants to keep George but he needs to be in a faster car.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Mick Schumacher to ferrari

Like Austin said, it’s probably too early for Mick to be in F1, let alone a Ferrari. If he does get his superlicense, I think at Aloha Romero with Kimi would be a perfect starting place for him. Raikkonen is familiar with how things operate in Maranello and can teach him in the ways of Ferrari.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I'd be really surprised if Max went to Mercedes. Two number 1 drivers on a team, not to mention Max is even more ruthless than Nico was, Toto wants Lewis to break Michael's records, adding Max will severely halt that.

If Bottas does get booted (which I don't think he will) it will be either Ocon or Russell. I would love to see Russell because I genuinely think he is as fast (or faster) as any of the top drivers.

Mick isn't ready. I don't think he even has his super license yet.

I bet Williams keeps Kubica as a development driver and Latifi joins whoever will be the other driver. I imagine Claire realllly wants to keep George but he needs to be in a faster car.

Unlike Vettel, Hamilton does better with a stronger teammate. Seb needs a “yes man” that is willing to be a clear #2 and operate as a rear gunner. Lewis needs a teammate that is going to push him. And Max will do that. I think Toto wants the strongest team possible and a HAM/VER duo would absolutely do that.

Russell is absolutely the future of MB in a post-Hamilton world. And that current Williams is well below his talent. He needs a better drive and I think the Racing Point is where he would be able to develop further without the pressure from the big spotlight.

I think Kubica is off the grid after this season (possibly sooner). It’s been an amazing story, but he’s no longer able to compete at this level.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well.

I kind of expected Kvyat to take Gaslys spot but here we are lol.

Congrats to Albon, I hope he is genuinely fast in that new car.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
The man was my hero

He was extremely talented for sure. But going back and watching the shitty stunts he used to pull, and how Ferrari would use teammates like sacrificial lambs, I don’t think I would have enjoyed watching him today. Not to say that doesn’t happen anymore. But it just feels like it was THAT much more egregious back then.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
2 things.

Cost - Aside from Seb and Lewis, he will be the most expensive driver on the circuit. I doubt he wants that seat for less than $40m per year. There is no way Redbull will pay him that much, especially since they aren't paying their star driver half that.

Max - Alonso was one of the best drivers ever to grace the game, but he hasn't been consistently racing, he doesn't know the car, and he is getting pretty old. He would be second fiddle to Max, no question. Even with team orders (which would never happen) I don't think he would be able to keep up with him. It wouldn't look good for his legacy.

Max is number 1. Unless Lewis decides to go racing for Redbull, nothing is going to change that, and even that would make for a very aggressive debate on track.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
2 things.

Cost - Aside from Seb and Lewis, he will be the most expensive driver on the circuit. I doubt he wants that seat for less than $40m per year. There is no way Redbull will pay him that much, especially since they aren't paying their star driver half that.

Max - Alonso was one of the best drivers ever to grace the game, but he hasn't been consistently racing, he doesn't know the car, and he is getting pretty old. He would be second fiddle to Max, no question. Even with team orders (which would never happen) I don't think he would be able to keep up with him. It wouldn't look good for his legacy.

Max is number 1. Unless Lewis decides to go racing for Redbull, nothing is going to change that, and even that would make for a very aggressive debate on track.

Though Alonso is on the back side of 30, he has been racing, won LeMans in 2018 and 2019 and driving in FIA World Endurance Championship. I don't think it would take much time for him to be in F1 form. The question is getting a competitive drive. The point on pay is really going to be the key factor as well, does he hold out for a big pay day, or comeback for the glory? At this point he is expiring milk and better decide soon or perhaps he already has. I think passing on the RedBull drive was really silly of him.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Though Alonso is on the back side of 30, he has been racing, won LeMans in 2018 and 2019 and driving in FIA World Endurance Championship. I don't think it would take much time for him to be in F1 form. The question is getting a competitive drive. The point on pay is really going to be the key factor as well, does he hold out for a big pay day, or comeback for the glory? At this point he is expiring milk and better decide soon or perhaps he already has. I think passing on the RedBull drive was really silly of him.
If I had to put myself in his shoes, and seeing how he reacted when Lewis showed up at Mclaren with him, I think him passing is probably a good idea.

He is probably making stupid money still from his endorsements. I'm sure the teams pay him huge bucks to drive single races in indy/Le Mans/dakkar now apparently lol.

I genuinely believe it would make him look bad if he tried to come in and compete with Max right now. Even if it only took him 5 races to get up to speed, the writing would be on the wall unless he could consistently beat Max after and I really doubt it.

On another note, I'm curious to see how Albon does.

We will find out if either 1) Gasly is actually shit, and Hartley was also more shit than expected and the TR from 2018 was a competitive car, which made Gasly look good.

2) Max is untouchable and Gasly wasn't actually slow (lots of the young drivers talk about how fast Albon was growing up).

3) Or maybe the Redbull is setup for Max and other drivers find hard to drive

Number 3 might be difficult to find out but apparently the TR doesn't suit Alex's driving style, he drives more like Max (some speculation I saw from somewhere).

Users who are viewing this thread