Official 2019 F1 thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Very sad indeed. Feels like just yesterday we lost Jules Bianchi. A constant reminder that what we watch for entertainment can be life and death for the athletes.

R. I. P.

I instantly thought of Bianchi..the sport is much safer, but it’s still a blood sport. RIP

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Terrible wreck.

Both Pierre and Charles were very good friends with him. They grew up racing together, Pierre posted pictures on his instagram from a whole bunch of birthdays and shit. They were room mates as well.

I can't imagine how tough that race was for him.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Jules crash was such an incredible bad luck situation... You couldn't even make that up in a movie!!!

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
A somber win for Leclerc for sure. Enjoying success after a weekend like that can be hard.

That being said, I’m very glad to see Charles on the top step. It was a hard fought race that he controlled from the beginning. Not my surprised to see Vettel be a non-factor. And devastated to see what happened to Norris. He deserved that 5th place. And major props to Albon!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Vettel is the reason Leclerc won that race. He definitely was a factor, the Ferrari just eats through tires is the problem and fall off of a cliff.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Vettel is the reason Leclerc won that race. He definitely was a factor, the Ferrari just eats through tires is the problem and fall off of a cliff.

I don’t see how. He pitted first, wasn’t able to hold up Hamilton at all, and only let Leclerc by because of team orders.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I don’t see how. He pitted first, wasn’t able to hold up Hamilton at all, and only let Leclerc by because of team orders.
Lewis was 1.2 seconds off of LeClerc when he got within striking distance of Vettel. Seb held him off for long enough to let LeClerc get nearly a 7 second lead.

I believe this was the first time Ferrari had any sort of strategy this year. Pitting Vettel early was the only way they were going to win this by using him as a road block.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Lewis was 1.2 seconds off of LeClerc when he got within striking distance of Vettel. Seb held him off for long enough to let LeClerc get nearly a 7 second lead.

I believe this was the first time Ferrari had any sort of strategy this year. Pitting Vettel early was the only way they were going to win this by using him as a road block.

I still disagree. Vettel didn’t keep Hamilton behind. The Ferrari straight line speed kept Hamilton behind. Especially what we saw from Seb at Monza last weekend, the unforced are proof that he’s completely out of it mentally. I’m not saying he’s lost his raw talent. But I think he’s so far behind that he pushing too hard to get back up and he’s not just doing what has served him best and just driving. I just don’t think the Ferrari way of doing things suits him. Ferrari make decisions with their hearts. Ebbing and flowing from one strategy to another on a race by race basis. RBR is much more data driven and consistent with their gameplan. It made sense at the time, but we can see now that the move to Ferrari was a mistake for Vettel.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I still disagree. Vettel didn’t keep Hamilton behind. The Ferrari straight line speed kept Hamilton behind. Especially what we saw from Seb at Monza last weekend, the unforced are proof that he’s completely out of it mentally. I’m not saying he’s lost his raw talent. But I think he’s so far behind that he pushing too hard to get back up and he’s not just doing what has served him best and just driving. I just don’t think the Ferrari way of doing things suits him. Ferrari make decisions with their hearts. Ebbing and flowing from one strategy to another on a race by race basis. RBR is much more data driven and consistent with their gameplan. It made sense at the time, but we can see now that the move to Ferrari was a mistake for Vettel.

IMHO I didn't think Vettel leaving RBR was a good call then, but Ferrari is like the Yankees, you pick up the phone when they call.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I thoroughly enjoyed Hamilton getting riled up...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Seb was able to put his car where it needed to be to slow up Lewis, he did that well for as long as he could. It was obvious his tires had fallen off when Lewis walked right past him.

Also, I don't think Vettel is very good in a low down force car. It's been mentioned he does really well in a car with a lot of rear grip. I completely agree with you that Ferrari wasn't a good move for him, I still think he is fast but he needs to have a car built to help him. He is fast in the technical stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hamilton getting riled up...

"My tires"

"I'm not sure about this strategy guys"

"What's wrong guys, why am I not leading?"

"I can't keep up with him"

All while driving for the team that has won over like 80% of the races they have entered since 2014.

Sorry I was in England, so I was late to reply.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Haas is retaining Grosjean. I don’t understand why. They would have been much better off with a Hulkenberg/Magnussen lineup.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Kind of boring race, like most street circuits, but man it feels good to not see a Merc on the podium.

That's only happened once before since Mexico of last year IIRC (Germany shit show lol).

Happy for Seb.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Kind of boring race, like most street circuits, but man it feels good to not see a Merc on the podium.

That's only happened once before since Mexico of last year IIRC (Germany shit show lol).

Happy for Seb.
Seb drove a good race. Just keep hit head down and foot on the gas. Tough day for Leclerc though. Should have had a win in his hands but strategy determined a Ferrari 1-2 was more important.

I agree that it’s good to see a podium without a silver arrow on it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Seb drove a good race. Just keep hit head down and foot on the gas. Tough day for Leclerc though. Should have had a win in his hands but strategy determined a Ferrari 1-2 was more important.

I agree that it’s good to see a podium without a silver arrow on it.

I felt bad for Leclerc too...Though I agree with the sentiment that it was refreshing to see mercedes miss the podium

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Conspiracy theory time.

Mercedes is still the fastest, by a lot, and have/had the pace to win every race.

They started making stupid strategy calls, just don't have pace and then there are moments when the cars are all of a sudden brutally fast, then they back off. Albon even mentioned that Bottas was just toying with him, on the last lap he took off and the Redbull had nothing for him.

If Mercedes continues to dominate like they did in the first half of the year, they will be slapped with some regulation from the FIA like Ferrari was during the Michael years. They know all Lewis needs is a 5th place or better for every race from now on to win, even in LeClerc won every single race from here on out. This is basically to guarantee their championship for next year as well.

If they have 2 races with Mechanical issues that knocks Lewis into a dangerous territory, we will see just how fast the silver cars will go (it's still much faster than any other car).

Users who are viewing this thread