Official 2018-19 NBA thread

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, the Lakers finally got AD. Besides the first rounders, they were probably thankful to unload most of those players. Maybe it hurt to trade Ingram a little, but not the rest.

Well damn, the one day I haven’t looked at any basketball site I missed this

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
LaVar Ball needs to STFU already, pretty funny to listen to him run his damned mouth.

It's also interesting to see what everyone has to say about AD to the Lakers but if he can't stay healthy it doesn't matter, still a big question mark imho

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Well, the Lakers finally got AD. Besides the first rounders, they were probably thankful to unload most of those players. Maybe it hurt to trade Ingram a little, but not the rest.

I agree, they didn't give up anyone who was going to get them close to a title. Ball has not panned out; he's young and can still be productive, but he needs work between the ears and with his mechanics. Hart is a "nice" player, but hardly irreplaceable. Ingram hasn't lived up to the hype IMO. He's a solid player, but hardly a "can't lose" guy. The big concern has gotta be depth. They need to split up their remaining cap money to sign some players to fill out their roster, preferably shooters and rebounders. If they do that, they will be a tough team next year if James, Davis and Kuzma stay relatively healthy.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Glad to see the AD trade done and not giving up Kuzma, who isn't a superstar but produces extremely well for his salary. It might sound nice to land a big-name free agent, but that's not smart money or depth wise. Since snowflake Magic Johnson is gone, making a splash simply for a name and headline probably won't happen.

We'll see what moves they make in a few weeks, but assuming everyone stays healthy (should go without saying for any team with a superstar) this is great for this season and AD most likely signing long-term sets up the team for the future.

West should be interesting. Warriors aren't gone but definitely a shell of the previous years. Houston sounds like they are having some internal turmoil. Excited for the offseason.

Coiled03

Established Member
Glad to see the AD trade done and not giving up Kuzma, who isn't a superstar but produces extremely well for his salary. It might sound nice to land a big-name free agent, but that's not smart money or depth wise. Since snowflake Magic Johnson is gone, making a splash simply for a name and headline probably won't happen.

We'll see what moves they make in a few weeks, but assuming everyone stays healthy (should go without saying for any team with a superstar) this is great for this season and AD most likely signing long-term sets up the team for the future.

West should be interesting. Warriors aren't gone but definitely a shell of the previous years. Houston sounds like they are having some internal turmoil. Excited for the offseason.

Playoffs in the West should be awesome next year. If you're Denver, or Portland, for example, you gotta be thinking this is your chance. I'd love to see Damian Lillard get a ring.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
I don’t think he got robbed. Giannis deserved it just as much and he plays on both sides of the ball, that’s probably why he won it over harden.

Coiled03

Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Harden did play defense, and was not only good offensively, he was historic.

There is no arguing his production.

The problem is Harden, like TONS of other NBA stars, is a selfish prema donna who doesnt get along well with others LOL.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
He made it to the eastern conference finals and took the raptors to 7 games. Harden got bounced in the second round in 6 games.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
1. MVP is a regular season award so your post is moot.

2. The finals in which conference? Yeah.

3. Harden averaged 36 ppg against GS it wasn't all on him.

4. Losing to GS isn't a crime. They had a damn good shot of winning it all before Thompson got hurt.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Obviously it’s not moot because harden didn’t win it.

He also probably didn’t win it because he’s not exciting to watch, and always playing to get the call is annoying.

Coiled03

Established Member
****ing insane. That's two stars that have left Westbrick, now. I'm seeing a pattern, here lol.

He didn't win for 1 reason and 1 reason alone, the NBA wants a fresh face for their branding. Plain and simple.

You're too busy gargling Harden's man juice. No point even talking to you anymore.

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
With all the moves, I think it’s been the best offseason ever. Now, there are numerous teams with 2 superstars. Can’t wait for the season to start.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread