Official 2018-19 NBA thread

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I understand why he wanted to do things on his own terms, but it's as shame Kawhi had to join the JV team. The Clippers are just a slightly less embarrassing Knicks, they will screw anything up. Hell, we've all seen this movie, 2 stars on the Clippers. The ending was always the same, 2nd round exit as best.

Kawhi is the best individual out of the 4, but I think the Lebron - AD pair will be far more dominant than Kawhi - PG (technically Kawhi's #3 choice of teammate). And since Kawhi's pitch so easily swayed him from the team he supposedly loved, I'm sure the second Bulter or Harden or Booker compliments his shoes, PG will demand a trade to their teams.

I think Rob put together a good team. Even if Kawhi hadn't strung us along, plenty of mid-level guys got overpaid this offseason. I'm happy with the value we got for the players.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to watch the Lakers - Clippers rivalry now. And the AEG group has to be loving this. Every Laker and Clipper game will be sold out, and they can jack Clipper ticket prices.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Well that happened. So now we have: Lebron and Davis, Kawhi and George, Durant and Irving, Harden and Westbrook, plus the Bucks and Warriors still. Should be an interesting season.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I keep hearing Miami as wanting CP3. That would make sense for Stupid Contract #1 (Westbrook) as he's exciting. For Stupid Contract #2, I don't see the benefit. Dude will be making $40+ mil and will need the Paul Pierce wheelchair (but for actual old age and not just because he had to dump).

I'm interested to see how they play together, and what this actually does for Houston's ranking in the West. Most don't think it will work, but since these guys actually want to play together, maybe they'll try to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread