Official 2017 Formula 1 thread

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Annnnnd might have to change my tune on Hamilton. Can you please just drive a car for $50mil/year and be happy with that???

I say we give him the old UK futball treatment:
aeed2b82a6ae4e7088f080c4fb2557d4_400x400.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Boy Max sure had some speed.

Too bad he pushed the limit on that last pass.

17th to 4th. He moved all the way to first within like 20 laps.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Hamilton needs to die in a fire.

**** this season.

Just a little karma for Vettel. Purposely swiping into Lewis and being a little impatient and causing car pinball with Max and Kimi! Again, I'm a Hamilton fan and happy he's basically the champion, but I would have rather seen this fight go down to the wire.

Coiled03

Established Member
Just a little karma for Vettel. Purposely swiping into Lewis and being a little impatient and causing car pinball with Max and Kimi! Again, I'm a Hamilton fan and happy he's basically the champion, but I would have rather seen this fight go down to the wire.

Nobody in his right mind is a legit fan of Hamilton. He's a douchebag. He's had everything handed to him on a silver platter since he arrived. He's an asshole. Anybody could win driving that car. Did I mentioned he's a little bitch?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nobody in his right mind is a legit fan of Hamilton. He's a douchebag. He's had everything handed to him on a silver platter since he arrived. He's an asshole. Anybody could win driving that car. Did I mentioned he's a little bitch?

LOL...I agree, it's like rooting for the Yankees....**** Hamilton and the Yankees...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
yes he did...he had two off and two on the kerb, don't see how that got him a penalty, definitely have seen more questionable moves/passes. Kimi was even wondering why they penalized Max and didn't see a problem with the move.

Eh it's Karma. He's gotten away with a lot of questionable shit while blocking passes this/last season.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
CotA turned out to be a pretty good race. Seb’s start was fantastic, but Hamilton’s pace was clearly in a different league the moment he got around him. I don’t even think Vettel made it to the next DRS zone before the Silver Arrow had more than a second lead.

Max was on a tear. Glad to see him put together a good race. He definitely got screwed at the end though. From the on-board I saw, it looked like 2 on 2 off.

I thought for sure there was going to be A LOT of movement this off season. But I think that Ferrari resigning Raikkonen put a stop to a lot of it. If they had dropped Kimi, I would almost guarantee that Max would have been Seb’s partner in 2018 (which would have been fantastic to watch).

I hate to say it, but I think Hamilton secures the driver’s championship in Mexico. The other teams have made huge strides, but his MB AMG is still the best car on the grid.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Now...as long as no more mandated changes to the engine specs, or major chassis designs are implemented, then next season should be very exciting. I am calling it now. McLaren will be at or on top with Alonso next season.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Now...as long as no more mandated changes to the engine specs, or major chassis designs are implemented, then next season should be very exciting. I am calling it now. McLaren will be at or on top with Alonso next season.

With how competitive the RBR car has become with the latest Renault PUs, how good McLaren chassis can be, and how talented of a driver Alonso is, I completely agree.

But if that happens and Ferrari gets leapfrogged, heads are going to roll.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I remember reading that the Mclarens had the fastest cornering speed of all the cars, they were just dogs because of the turd Hondas.

It's one thing to be slow, it's another thing to be slow and DNF half the season due to engine failures.

Mercedes has killer power and reliability. It's crazy that the championship was so close for a while considering just how good their cars are.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
With how competitive the RBR car has become with the latest Renault PUs, how good McLaren chassis can be, and how talented of a driver Alonso is, I completely agree.

But if that happens and Ferrari gets leapfrogged, heads are going to roll.

heads need to roll at Ferrari....if it weren't for the phenomenal drivers they have in Vettel and Kimi those cars wouldn't podium. Ferrari's have been up and down all season long, no real consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread