Official 2017 Formula 1 thread

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I saw that on instagram this morning.. Bold move. He just hasn't been the same since he was demoted to TR.

Now the Aston Martin deal with RBR is interesting. As is that I am hearing that Cosworth is in the top running to be the engine supplier after the RBR deal with Renault ends after the 2018 season. I honestly think Cosworth would be a dominant engine with their history of engineering amazing small engines.

C'mon cosworth.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
C'mon cosworth.
any credence to the Redbull Porsche buyout rumors? That would springboard them right into the thick of things.

http://en.f1i.com/news/279490-red-bull-buyout-porsche-thesis-gathers-pace.html#.Wbgo3cYq-al.twitter

EDIT: Guess I should have done some more digging, it appears Aston Martin will become the primary sponsor.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/9/f1-aston-martin-red-bull-title-sponsor-2018.html

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132059/red-bull-absolutely-open-to-aston-engine

Seems like Red Bull is talking to a lot of companies about 2021. AustinJ427 that article mentions Aston/Cosworth as a possibility, they were partners with Redbull for the Aston martin Valkyrie. Aston is also opening the "Aston Martin Advanced Performance Center" in 2019 which is on the Red Bull Racing Campus. It's so far out I doubt anyone will know anything with some weight for at least a year. Something tells me they won't stick with Renault after all the shit talking and unless there is a serious 180 they'd be stupid to go Honda.

BTW: I hate European date format, I thought 03Sssnake's article was from the future!

Edit: Another cool Aston/Redbull article, damn that car is going to be nuts.
https://www.topgear.com/car-news/motorsport/aston-valkyrie-first-many-incredible-cars

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132059/red-bull-absolutely-open-to-aston-engine

Seems like Red Bull is talking to a lot of companies about 2021. AustinJ427 that article mentions Aston/Cosworth as a possibility, they were partners with Redbull for the Aston martin Valkyrie . It's so far out I doubt anyone will know anything with some weight for at least a year. Something tells me they won't stick with Renault after all the shit talking and unless there is a serious 180 they'd be stupid to go Honda.

BTW: I hate European date format, I thought 03Sssnake's article was from the future!

I hate it too, always have to do a double-take...

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
From bad to worse. As if a DNF wasn't bad enough last round, Vettel has mechanical failure during Q1 and will start dead last tomorrow. Goddamn it.

Glad to see both McLarens in Q3 (although too little too late).

And props to Gasly for a Q2 appearance at his first F1 race.

Should be interesting tomorrow. Rain will favor the Red Bulls (if Verstappen can make it to the finish that is).

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
OMGZZZZ, ban Max. He totally caused Vettel's mechanical failure in qualifying. He's always doing this. I'm offended by his driving. BAN HIM FOREVERZ and EVERZZZZ!

Not surprised Vettel moved up from last, 4th is a pretty good showing. I'm just happy the point gap to Lewis grew. Good race for Max, nice win.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Watching Seb weave his way through the field was pretty damn awesome. But I can only imagine, with that pace, how much more fun it would have been to watch him go head to head with Max. Although, chances are, that would have ended in a collision and Lewis would have hauled in another 25 points.

Overall, fantastic race and a fitting end to this era of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That was an awesome race! I finally got to watch it last night. That track is very underrated in it's level of excitement. Vettel had as good of a race as he could have... Now...

Who else thinks that they swapped Vettel's engine with KR's overnight? It's just weird that KR had a great car, then all of the sudden he has the same turbo issues that Vettel was having the day before....Seems convenient..

Coiled03

Established Member
Haha, yes, I've been a Hamilton fan since he started in the sport.

Dude....that's like rooting for Darth Vader, or Agent Smith, or any other mega-villain. The hell is wrong with you?!

Who else thinks that they swapped Vettel's engine with KR's overnight? It's just weird that KR had a great car, then all of the sudden he has the same turbo issues that Vettel was having the day before....Seems convenient..

Nah. I doubt the power units are designated by driver. Therefore, a quality problem could land on either one of them at random.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
In the Red Bull days, I viewed Vettel as the villain.

He was the guy who seemed like he could do no wrong in the FIA's eyes, he had an attitude problem, his nuts were in the commentator's mouths, and he was prematurely being compared to the greats. Now that he's been a little humbled by the Mercedes dominance, I can respect his talent a little more.

Never viewed Hamilton as a villain, but I can see the case for it.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
douchebag gonna douche....this wouldn't surprise me at all, it just reinforces my dislike for him.

I started to respond but I think that pretty sums it up, it's not even his country or anthem. I hope Verstappen crashes into him.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I started to respond but I think that pretty sums it up, it's not even his country or anthem. I hope Verstappen crashes into him.

LOL, Max we have a mission for you :D

He's not genuinely protesting anything. He's just a dbag copycat and what a way to show gratitude to the country hosting the race!

Users who are viewing this thread