Official 2017 Formula 1 thread

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It is weird hearing some of the announcers and media talk of Kimi as if he is just a meh driver. That man can wheel like no ones business. Ferrari is very lucky he hasn't jumped ship. 80% of their performance is their drivers.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
While I think Kimi is still extremely talented, I do think he’s lost a step. Still top tier, but, based purely on current ability, near the bottom of the top (below Seb, Lewis, Max, Ricciardo, and Alonso in no particular order)

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I think next years field is going to be much closer together. Arguably the best chassis is McLaren with real power unit should be fun, Redbull will close gap and.... As always like my boy Luigi I only follow di Ferrari's... And Ducati's in Moto Gp!!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did you guys see the speed differences between the Mercedes/Ferrari's and the rest of the field? On the straights it was like 9mph difference.

Those engines make some serious power.

Good for Max, fast drive. I was laughing my ass off when they told him to slow down after he was 17 seconds out ahead and he ticked off another fast lap and had to apologize. I don't think he knows how to drive slow, seems like every renault engine had gone bye bye towards the end of the race and he rips off a record setting lap on a set of supers with 30 laps on them. Crazy.

I really like Kimi, I hate that he isn't the golden boy for Ferrari. I think the team puts extra effort into Seb.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I would of liked to see Vettel get at least 2nd yesterday to keep it going. Not a Hamilton fan. Next year should be good.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Next year I just hope it's a fight to the end and Mercedes, Ferrari, RBR, and McLaren are all competitive. I've said it before, while I'm glad Mercedes and Lewis won, I'd like to see that decided on the last race of the season.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Next year I just hope it's a fight to the end and Mercedes, Ferrari, RBR, and McLaren are all competitive. I've said it before, while I'm glad Mercedes and Lewis won, I'd like to see that decided on the last race of the season.

2863334-276167_papel_de_parede_meme_get_out_1600x1200.jpg

Yeah next year has some potential. Having essentially the same rules will give RBR and McLaren a chance to catch up a bit. I'm really looking forward to seeing what McClaren can do with the Renault engine, although Mexico showed they aren't exactly bullet proof either. Alonso is branching out and doing the 24 at Daytona next year and/or Leman I wonder if that will effect his focus on F1 at all.

Last edited:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
If I had to describe Brazil 2017 in one word: Emotionless

With Hamilton already locking up the title, nothing felt like it mattered. Before the race, everyone was just milling around, Vettel’s victory radio communiqué had half the number of “Yesses” at half the volume and speed, the paddock celebrations and post race hugs at the winner’s circle were all half hearted, and even Massa’s farewell was subdued (primarily because it would be IMPOSSIBLE) to top last year’s goodbye.

As always, the track is fantastic, there was some great racing, and a some drama near the end with HAM/RAI and ALO/MAS. But overall, it felt meaningless.

2018 can’t come soon enough.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I thought it was a fun race to watch.

Congrats on Max for throwing down another lap record. Getting very impressed with that kids driving ability.

I was reading on reddit, and it really put it into perspective. Even with DRS and aero tow, Alonso was 23kph slower than Perez with the Mercedes unit.

McLaren is going to be a contender next year with the power boost. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another manufacturer fighting with the current 3 heavy hitters.

#Kimi4lyfe

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

As you guy's know Schumacher is my hero.. I've always respected Senna and his legacy he left F1 on and off track.
I've been watching alot of his utube video's and this one is amazing. Just wanted to share it..
Side note Ron Dennis was quoted in saying that if Senna hadn't died in Italy 94 he was setting himself up to be a political powerhouse in Brazil.. President of the country. I never knew that and I believe he would've pulled it off.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
He was on his way to setting records that Hamilton wouldn't break.

As you guy's know Schumacher is my hero.. I've always respected Senna and his legacy he left F1 on and off track.
I've been watching alot of his utube video's and this one is amazing. Just wanted to share it..
Side note Ron Dennis was quoted in saying that if Senna hadn't died in Italy 94 he was setting himself up to be a political powerhouse in Brazil.. President of the country. I never knew that and I believe he would've pulled it off.

Users who are viewing this thread