Official 2016-17 NHL thread

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Yeah, Rinne was awesome last night.

That's a great atmosphere down there. Best in the league imo. Too bad that Preds fan we had doesn't post anymore.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Bridgestone gets loud during games.

It is hard being a Pens fan that lives in Nashville right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Established Member
Rinne #35 got pulled after the first period at 3-0. Goals 4&5 were against Saros #74.

Pens look great tonight. I hope they keep their foot on the gas.

Yep, I"m an idiot. I missed the start of the 2nd per, and didn't realize they switched.

Those one-sided beat down games aren't always the most fun to watch. Unless, of course, it's your team laying the beating on somebody. :p

mysterio

Established Member
Huh, I didn't think liberals watched hockey.

Subban deserves whatever he gets out there.

Exactly right, Steve. Subban dishes it out, takes dives, whines and generally can be an agitator with the best of them.

Plus, he and Crosby have been going at each other almost every chance they get. Often it appears that Subban is the instigator, but who knows which one starts it.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
The Subban Crosby incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly right, Steve. Subban dishes it out, takes dives, whines and generally can be an agitator with the best of them.

Plus, he and Crosby have been going at each other almost every chance they get. Often it appears that Subban is the instigator, but who knows which one starts it.

Subban is a very skilled player for sure. And he is also a complete dickhead on the ice. For years he has been a cheap shot artist. Famous for slue-footing guys, cheap shots, and hits away from the play. Several cheap shots in this series. He always "loses his edge" in hopes of drawing a penalty - especially when behind the net. Even Milberry said between periods that Subban had that coming from Crosby. That "incident" had nothing to do with racism and everything to do with a jagoff getting what he had coming to him.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Subban is a very skilled player for sure. And he is also a complete dickhead on the ice. For years he has been a cheap shot artist. Famous for slue-footing guys, cheap shots, and hits away from the play. Several cheap shots in this series. He always "loses his edge" in hopes of drawing a penalty - especially when behind the net. Even Milberry said between periods that Subban had that coming from Crosby. That "incident" had nothing to do with racism and everything to do with a jagoff getting what he had coming to him.

You don't have to tell Bruins fans. We know all too well.

mysterio

Established Member
To the surprise of no one, Subban made a dumb play that lead to the open net goal.

Ah well, congrats to the Pens, first repeat champ in almost 20 years.

And Nashville has nothing to be ashamed of; they've been over-achieving since the playoffs started.

MG0h3

Established Member
Theyll be talking about that bad call for awhile Im sure. Brutal to do that in an elimination game.

mysterio

Established Member
Theyll be talking about that bad call for awhile Im sure. Brutal to do that in an elimination game.

That ref is going to get chewed out, for sure. But not for making a bad call. It was a controversial call, but from his vantage point, he lost sight of the puck, so it was the right call.

No, what he's going to get chewed out for is the fact that he was out of position and therefore not in an optimal vantage point to make a better observation.

In the end, it was just one more controversial call during a playoff season when the overall officiating wasn't the greatest.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
If I were to pick from the list of unprotected Bruins I would have to go with Colin Miller. I think he still has a lot of upside.
I know LV can only take 1 player from each team but if I could pick as many as I wanted from any team I think I would start with half of the available Penguins.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand why Florida went 4-4-1, or why they protected Bjugstad.

Actually, I come to expect these type of decisions with that franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread