OFFICAL: HEDGHOG F1A Build Thread!!

Blackedout

Established Member
Looks Good... A 50 lower and 44 upper very interesting... looking forward to some dyno #'s... :beer:

Ukfox89

Established Member
well its been at the dyno shop for a week now.....haven't heard anything as of yet so I hope the car is okay. tomorrow my buddy is going to pick it up for me and drop his off and im trying to go along with so hopefully everything Is okay and works out. ill keep everyone posted

Ukfox89

Established Member
Car is a monster driving around. It comes on like a turbo car better sounds cooler. Maxed the pumps on e85 so I need to go bigger on at least 1, also need to move the mass air cause drive ability is a little choppy. It should be very close to 800rwhp and that's only at 21psi, that head units only just getting warmed up.

707E23EC-DEB8-47B8-9A1E-318294B06F50-862-000000B09BD35AB1_zpsd866fd9d.gif

Also picked up some rear drag wheels. Will look awesome on the car 16x10 diamond racing wheels. Hopefully dive deep into the 10s
8592BCFD-D209-4016-958F-59AF66074762-862-000000B0AB8B2E43_zpsf1fa0f32.gif

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Car came out very nice. I like the look of the setup. But that power band is NOT like a turbo car ;-) Congrats though as long as you are happy with it

Ukfox89

Established Member
Car came out very nice. I like the look of the setup. But that power band is NOT like a turbo car ;-) Congrats though as long as you are happy with it
Maybe not comparing the graphs but it sure feels like my last turbo car. Mahne not as abrasive when the boost comes in but too end feels the same if not more violent.

ctgreddy

Established Member
awesome peak numbers! I hear everyone saying how that intake sucks with these setups, would a different one increase the midrange power? seems like the power climbs super high but if you could get it to make better midrange hp that thing would be an animal. Especially for that being a safe tune due to the pumps.

Ukfox89

Established Member
it comes on pretty good.....im sure it would be night and day, but im quite happy with the power delivery as of right now. I will be gathering parts for a cobra intake and A/A intercooler along with a bigger set of pumps. then retune and see what it can do. im not looking for too much more power, just more driveability and reliablitlty

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
awesome peak numbers! I hear everyone saying how that intake sucks with these setups, would a different one increase the midrange power? seems like the power climbs super high but if you could get it to make better midrange hp that thing would be an animal. Especially for that being a safe tune due to the pumps.

The super short runner intake that the factory 03 Cobra uses is not good for a centri blower. A simple intake swap would make a HUGE improvement across the midrange. Probably a good 100-150hp+ (not peak) I showed some comparisons in a previous post on this thread.

Maybe not comparing the graphs but it sure feels like my last turbo car. Mahne not as abrasive when the boost comes in but too end feels the same if not more violent.

I am sure the car feels pretty fast. I know how the F1A feels on these cars as well. I tested the kit for Procharger back when it first came out. The nice thing about a centri is that it keeps building boost so it always feels like its pulling. However, no offense, if it feels like your turbo car then your turbo car was not setup properly. A turbo cars power would come on much sooner and way more violent then the centri does. What did your turbo setup consist of and how much power. Once you get that intake and A/A on there it will be a world of different. But just an FYI. Do not be suprised if a 600-700rwhp Twins Screw runs with your car or beats you. Because unfortunately, the way it is now, it will happen. Do not take it the wrong way, its just the truth. Not trying to take anything away from your setup, its looks beautiful. Just telling the truth....

stangfreak

Established Member
The super short runner intake that the factory 03 Cobra uses is not good for a centri blower. A simple intake swap would make a HUGE improvement across the midrange. Probably a good 100-150hp+ (not peak) I showed some comparisons in a previous post on this thread.

I am sure the car feels pretty fast. I know how the F1A feels on these cars as well. I tested the kit for Procharger back when it first came out. The nice thing about a centri is that it keeps building boost so it always feels like its pulling. However, no offense, if it feels like your turbo car then your turbo car was not setup properly. A turbo cars power would come on much sooner and way more violent then the centri does. What did your turbo setup consist of and how much power. Once you get that intake and A/A on there it will be a world of different. But just an FYI. Do not be suprised if a 600-700rwhp Twins Screw runs with your car or beats you. Because unfortunately, the way it is now, it will happen. Do not take it the wrong way, its just the truth. Not trying to take anything away from your setup, its looks beautiful. Just telling the truth....

^^This man knows.

stangfreak

Established Member
I have had twin screw cars, and that's not what I wanted. I have also had turbo cars, again not what I wanted. For it to work 100% I could do a whole lot less than what I have done and it would still run its ass off. When people say you HAVE to run air to air, it cracks me up, and change a whole lot of stuff? im 95% finished al I have done is take some stuff off, add some stuff that all came in the kit, relocate the battery, and move the coolant tanks. I wouldn't say that's a whole lot. The procharger instructions suck balls, they did nothing but confuse matters. Heres some more pics of some progress....
IMG_2788_zps95466c96.gif

IMG_2784_zpsfe290563.gif

IMG_2787_zpsdf0a7807.gif

IMG_2806_zps8e3f3e72.jpg

IMG_2807_zpsc8dfeedf.jpg

sorry for the late response. I didn't mean to take anything away from your build. Its beautiful. makes good power as well. Its just I bought the cobra when it first came out. I have seen all the combo's and had basically every combo on my car except turbo and centri. But seeing the pioneers do it, like juiced46 we all learned a lot and know how to make them a bit more better. what works and what doesn't. some people just bolt on this kit, make x amount of power and think they will go rape a twinscrew cobra, is dead wrong. I have a story about this, a certain race, but wont talk about it because it will start a war. I hope the car runs strong and you did great work. Like I said im not taking anything away from you. Your car came out awesome.

stangfreak

Established Member

If you build a properly setup centri 03 cobra with the right parts, you will have a beast on your hands. and if you go auto, its going to be a wild ride. But a off the shelf kit with just bolting on? lets just say my 710rwhp car wouldn't be scared one bit and the outcome will surprise you. I would even put back my 660rwhp safe street tune.

Ukfox89

Established Member

my Fox was a 331 dart block, ported trick flow heads with a B&G 70m msingle turbo. yes it did come on a little more violentaly and quicker, but the top end and ramping feeling is what im referring too. either way, the end goal here soon is to switch to a 99/01 ported cobra intake, with an A/A intercooler. got to change the fuel pumps up a little and then get It retuned. I don't really car if a twin screw car can outrun me, I didn't want a twin screw car, I love the noise, and love the power band. im sure it will be much better once I switch intakes. its all in the works still so all in good time.

Thanks for the advice, ill keep the thread updated as I slowly make changes

Users who are viewing this thread