o2 sensor help please

hotcobra03

Established Member
code

see if this helps....these vacuum hoses are very small and leaks are small and hard to find....

on my harness i found the green egr hose melts near the tube..the hose for the boost solenoid was restricted ,,the big black vacuum connector for pcv on back of blower crumbles and leaks,,,also pcv hose at the pcv valve leaks

the complete vacuum harness takes like 5 mins to remove from car than you can manually blow and suck thru hoses to find leaks and or restriction

also if needed i picked up my o2s at autozone 50 bucks each...they also make them now with a longer harness for longtube headers...

but still both o2`s going bad is like hitting the lottery...

any luck with using your hand held? this is how i learned when i had a problem...mine ended up being a bad valve and o2`s

TVSCobra

Established Member
Or use a can of brake clean to find the leak, but propane works good to. Can you tell us want your STFT and LTFT are? You may need to take to vehicle to a shop that has an emissions smoke machine. Those machines find vacuum leaks very quickly.

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
Or use a can of brake clean to find the leak, but propane works good to. Can you tell us want your STFT and LTFT are? You may need to take to vehicle to a shop that has an emissions smoke machine. Those machines find vacuum leaks very quickly.

lol, what the hell do STFT and LTFT stand for?

see if this helps....these vacuum hoses are very small and leaks are small and hard to find....

on my harness i found the green egr hose melts near the tube..the hose for the boost solenoid was restricted ,,the big black vacuum connector for pcv on back of blower crumbles and leaks,,,also pcv hose at the pcv valve leaks

the complete vacuum harness takes like 5 mins to remove from car than you can manually blow and suck thru hoses to find leaks and or restriction

also if needed i picked up my o2s at autozone 50 bucks each...they also make them now with a longer harness for longtube headers...

but still both o2`s going bad is like hitting the lottery...

any luck with using your hand held? this is how i learned when i had a problem...mine ended up being a bad valve and o2`s

Thanks for this. I'm gonna try pulling the harness out piece by piece and test them and let you guys know how that goes.

Although I think I might have it narrowed down to a bad Coil Pack or possibly bad FPDM. Those are my last 2 real options to try before i just give up... after I thoroughly check for a vacuum leak and verify that my 02 sensors arent to blame.

hotcobra03

Established Member
o2

Short term fuel trim
Long term fuel trim

plug in your hand held ..look for real time data...

with key on engine off you can read the voltage going to sensors/o2

than start the car and you can watch what your car is doing

thier is a list of where the voltages should be and how they change during running....

i use a predator so i cant say on yours but someone should chime in..this is good to learn only if your going to work on the car,,

let us know we can pass on some help from manuals

also have you cleared the codes? if so how long did it take for light to come back on?

also were they the only 3 codes found?

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
plug in your hand held ..look for real time data...

with key on engine off you can read the voltage going to sensors/o2

than start the car and you can watch what your car is doing

thier is a list of where the voltages should be and how they change during running....

i use a predator so i cant say on yours but someone should chime in..this is good to learn only if your going to work on the car,,

let us know we can pass on some help from manuals

also have you cleared the codes? if so how long did it take for light to come back on?

also were they the only 3 codes found?

Yes, they were the only 3 codes and they cleared and have not come back yet but have not put more than 20 miles on the car since them being cleared. I use and SCT LiveWire as my handheld. Thanks for your help

hotcobra03

Established Member
o2

Yes, they were the only 3 codes and they cleared and have not come back yet but have not put more than 20 miles on the car since them being cleared. I use and SCT LiveWire as my handheld. Thanks for your help

drive around some more and see what happens..these cars are crazy...

i played with my predator and unpluged things ,wait for cel and than check for codes to learn what happens....they work very good once you get the hang of it

well plug it in and search around...as posted before look at fuel trims,,,

short and long watch numbers change from + to -

they should balance 0

i do think they should be stuck at idle,and slight change with throttle for the code

you should see Ho2s11/ho2s21...front

ho2s12/22 for rear

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
drive around some more and see what happens..these cars are crazy...

i played with my predator and unpluged things ,wait for cel and than check for codes to learn what happens....they work very good once you get the hang of it

well plug it in and search around...as posted before look at fuel trims,,,

short and long watch numbers change from + to -

they should balance 0

i do think they should be stuck at idle,and slight change with throttle for the code

you should see Ho2s11/ho2s21...front

ho2s12/22 for rear

Alright, I'll do that tomorrow and get back to you.

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
So I data logged my fuel trims today and this is what I got each time:

LTFT B1 & B2: stays at 1.000 the entire time, no matter how I drive it or even at idle speed.

STFT B1 & B2: Bounce around between 0.800 and 1.200 was the highest that I saw it get.

What does this tell me?

Thanks for all your guys help, I'm learning so much and your right, using the hand hels us pretty fun, lol

TVSCobra

Established Member
Your LTFT looks good, the STFT should also be around 1, not between .8 and 1.2. Did this issue just all of a sudden start happening? Any recent changes to the car? Log the car and look at the MAF counts while the STFT is bouncing around from .8 to 1.2, try and get on a long stretch of road and hold your speed. Does the STFT do this while idling? See if the MAF counts are consistant (shouldn't flucuate more than 20-25 counts holding speed)(idle shoud stay within 5-10 counts), also look at the fuel pressure drop. should hold between 38-45psi. Something is making this car hunt for the correct A/F mixture. Full list of mods?

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
Your LTFT looks good, the STFT should also be around 1, not between .8 and 1.2. Did this issue just all of a sudden start happening? Any recent changes to the car? Log the car and look at the MAF counts while the STFT is bouncing around from .8 to 1.2, try and get on a long stretch of road and hold your speed. Does the STFT do this while idling? See if the MAF counts are consistant (shouldn't flucuate more than 20-25 counts holding speed)(idle shoud stay within 5-10 counts), also look at the fuel pressure drop. should hold between 38-45psi. Something is making this car hunt for the correct A/F mixture. Full list of mods?

These are the ENGINE related mods that I know about and that were listed by the seller:

-GEN 1 WHIPPLE 2.3L SUPERCHARGER WITH 3.0 PULLEY ( 18#s OF BOOST AND HAS A CHROMOLY BUILT FRONT SNOUT)
-DIABLOSPORT MAFIA
-LPF SINGLE BLADE THROTTLE BODY
-60# INJECTORS
-KENNE BELL BOOST A PUMP
-NEWER STOCK FUEL PUMPS ( THEY HAVE 10K MILES ON THEM )
-STEEDA COLD AIR INTAKE
-AFCO DOUBLE PASS HEAT EXCHANGER
-BASSANI X PIPE
-ZOOM ALUMINUM FLYWHEEL WITH REPLACEABLE STEEL INSERTS
-CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICTION CLUTCH
-FLOWMASTER SUPER 44 CAT-BACK EXHAUST
-SCT LIVEWIRE PROGRAMMER

When i said the LTFT B1 & B2: stays at 1.000 the entire time, no matter how I drive it or even at idle speed, I mean that it doesnt move at all, not even to 0.999 or 1.001.

The STFT does the same thing at idle, just not as much.

Now, I'm not sure what this means but I was regaping and checking my plugs today and didnt put the coil packs back in in the same order that I took them out. Went for a drive to log the car and it ran beautiful, not a hiccup. Went to get my hand held and I had forgotten it at home (I know, I'm a dumbf*c%...) So, came back home and got it. Car had about 10-15 miles on it and it starts the sputtering, missing, hesitating, whatever you wanna call it. The Check engine Light never came on and put almost 40 miles on the car.

I love these cars but mine is giving me a migraine...

lodhammerdin

WHPLD03
Established Member
Please log the fuel pressure while it is running rough. Then update.

So, I try to data log my fuel pressure and my handheld wont let me monitor that parameter, it's no where on the list. So I try to do the computer assisted data logging of my car and can't get that to work either. Every time I plug it into my computer, the screen goes blank and then it tries to restart. Then it just pretty much dies. Anyone know how to get it to work? I'm using a LiweWire with live link.

TVSCobra

Established Member
you may need to configure the log with livelink and load it to livewire like you would a SCT Xcal3.

Users who are viewing this thread