99921C3D-1FC2-47DE-B57E-40CB467DD2D3.jpeg

5A30D08A-4E74-4EBF-B2A3-7281B89CDC16.jpeg

AA629713-CD76-4299-B310-7C9A405D9DB9.jpeg

F075CD2A-68E5-4E81-AC0A-DCE2F8515E11.jpeg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude, you have no idea how close to home that is. My wife does quilting and when someone asks for a quote, occasionally they act just like that. These quilts are quite intricate and can run as much as $3k for a complete quilt. She calculated she'd make about $3-5/hr.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dude, you have no idea how close to home that is. My wife does quilting and when someone asks for a quote, occasionally they act just like that. These quilts are quite intricate and can run as much as $3k for a complete quilt. She calculated she'd make about $3-5/hr.
It doesn't surprise me in the least. I tell people $5k starting for a complete paint job and they act like I am just price gouging. I have to explain to them paint and material costs for BASF materials and then labor to prep a car but it usually goes over their heads. They say they are just going to go to Maaco and I just reply by telling them I will see them again when they really want it fixed lol.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MoGunz

Established Member
It doesn't surprise me in the least. I tell people $5k starting for a complete paint job and they act like I am just price gouging. I have to explain to them paint and material costs for BASF materials and then labor to prep a car but it usually goes over their heads. They say they are just going to go to Maaco and I just reply by telling them I will see them again when they really want it fixed lol.

5k for a paint job? That sounds nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KEVINS

Established Member
It doesn't surprise me in the least. I tell people $5k starting for a complete paint job and they act like I am just price gouging.
Wish I could have found someone in the area to paint my car for that cheap.

I was quoted $7-8K to have my car painted and there's little to no body work needed.

ks

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
5k for a paint job? That sounds nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
5k is about base for a sedan or small car sight unseen, it only goes up from there. 7-8k is more realistic to what you will find. Being a shop that does mostly fleet work we are more lenient on prices, but they vary with how busy we are too. For example, Im doing a full resto 72 GMC pickup for an older gentleman who has little time left and he wants to see it go to his grandaughter before he passes. Body is straight with very few dents but needs some rust repair so we quoted him 10k for that which is really cheap actually. The same job last year on an even straighter 78 F100 ran 15k for the gentleman.

Users who are viewing this thread