ass.jpg
best day.jpg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You're..................FIRED! :eek:
Jesus. Under a waving yellow the drivers are not passing and are going to have a higher situational awareness, but still... that was a good way to end up dead.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Was hanging out in a Chevy/Lotus dealership and my GF knew one of the salesman, so he offered to let me drive an Exige (dude was like 21). He says "let me drive it out of the lot and around the block, then we'll switch". After driving like a maniac through traffic, I guess trying to show off, he goes to pull into a shopping center but takes the 90* turn doing at least 45mph. The car understeers into the median curb, bounces off and jumps the inside curb before stopping. I get out to survey the damage and see the tiny car somehow hopped a 10" tall curb and missed hitting a telephone pole on my side of the car by about a foot. So yeah, I've still never driven a Lotus...

I've read they're easy cars to wreck. I caused an Elise to lose control, indirectly. I did the same commute for a couple years after college and there was a section of highway that had a hard sweeping right turn to jump onto another road that intersects with another highway. People were nonstop cutting each other off to jump into the lane to take the turn. Always funny to watch because drivers come in hot off this 55mph highway and they end up in over their heads. There are a few traffic lights beforehand on 3 wide lanes, you can get ahead of traffic. I would and then plow into this turn regularly.

This Elise showed up on the commute schedule and would do whatever it took to get ahead, guy cut me off a couple times and I noticed he was taking the turn a little slower than I could. One day he could not get ahead of me and stayed right up my ass. I railed it though that turn. The Elise lost control midway and went off into these all these plastic standup reflectors they lined the road with. I'm sure he was fine with no real damage to his car. What makes this funny, to me atleast, I was driving a 4 door Cavalier. Hahaha I did have Eagle GTs on it, and hubcaps. I didn't see the Lotus again, always wanted to get a nice wave in.

Last edited:

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Jesus. Under a waving yellow the drivers are not passing and are going to have a higher situational awareness, but still... that was a good way to end up dead.

If that worker did that on his own. He is a moron. Normally you wait for the whole pack to go by and even then, there is usually a 2-3 station call ahead of where the pack is so you know its clear.
Ive done this dozens of times with cars during normal races, including Bikes and never have I been close to being hit. At all.

The head flagger in the control tower either needs to be punched in the face for OKing this. Or this guy needs to be retaught how not to be a flag marshal.

That was a terrible thing to witness there.

Users who are viewing this thread