Numbers soon?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Screenshot_20190331-233541_Drive.jpg

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Iirc trinity was “650+hp” around late March. By April 24th, 2012, we knew it was 662hp and 11’s on stock tires with 3.5 0-60.

I could be wrong, I’m getting older and don’t give as many shits about stuff like numbers or dates anymore.

I’m going to presume by April 25th we’ll get major leaks like “under/over 750hp” and “0-60 under 27.3333 seconds” with full disclosure by May 15th.

Wish the car had a manual option and some form of lightening package to come in at 1500hp, 2500lbs and top speed of 400mps (millennia per second. Time splitter)

DepWraith

Established Member
Again the 13 GT500 was being delivered June of 12. So it makes sense the numbers were released a few months prior.
The 2020 GT500 is not going to be released for at least 6 months. I would not be surprised if it’s august or sept engine very shows up.

And yes I know more than you as I actually listen to Nick and Dave.

Love the part where you write "I would not be surprised if it's august or sept engine very shows up." That's so insightful!

Ordering should be in May for fall delivery (though you say past October using your six month timeframe), so you think you will be able to order one before they announce the hp?

Ok....

paluka21

Established Member
Love the part where you write "I would not be surprised if it's august or sept engine very shows up." That's so insightful!

Ordering should be in May for fall delivery (though you say past October using your six month timeframe), so you think you will be able to order one before they announce the hp?

Ok....

I honestly would not doubt if customers are able to place orders prior to specific details being released by Ford. Call it....a leap of faith :D

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
There are people on this forum who put money down on a ‘13 Shelby before the final numbers were released.

Not debating the intelligence of that move, but I’m not sure why the troll seems so surprised that banks would open before official numbers are made public.

DepWraith

Established Member
Another great contribution to the OP. Notice I didn't say "number" but rather said "numbers", which meant not only hp/trq but also MSRP...something that HAS TO BE OUT to place an order. Dealers will just about take money down on vehicle that isn't even announced yet, so not sure what that has to do with anything.

No wonder these threads are so long, members reply with their silly put downs and comments rather than contributing to the thread.

Sleep better knowing your internet wit is only exceeded by your desire to make yourself feel like the smarter man.

bdub85

Established Member
Another great contribution to the OP. Notice I didn't say "number" but rather said "numbers", which meant not only hp/trq but also MSRP...something that HAS TO BE OUT to place an order. Dealers will just about take money down on vehicle that isn't even announced yet, so not sure what that has to do with anything.

No wonder these threads are so long, members reply with their silly put downs and comments rather than contributing to the thread.

Sleep better knowing your internet wit is only exceeded by your desire to make yourself feel like the smarter man.
Too many people think they are comedians.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You said numbers..obviously you were talking about the weight of the lugnuts they chose for the project. I'm hoping Doug Shelby Engineering comes up with some open ended titanium lugs for the GT500...they'll save a ton of rotating weight.

On a more serious note, the MSRP will be known when the order banks open; it would not surprise me if the performance numbers are not.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Wtf.

Who the hell does shit like this? At what point in your original post did you allude to MSRP at all? We are supposed to know you were talking about MSRP? Horsepower and Torque are both number(s). You literally quoted the guy with the carb executive order and said that's what you were referring to, when would carb have anything to do with MSRP?

You go off on a tangent about people not answering your questions that you don't ask?

Snoopy49

Established Member
Why it that no matter how much helium I put in my tires, my car always weighs the same?:confused:

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I just hope we get some numbers on that knob. How much effort it takes to turn it, the dimensions, etc. **** what an awesome piece of trim you were correct about OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You said numbers..obviously you were talking about the weight of the lugnuts they chose for the project. I'm hoping Doug Shelby Engineering comes up with some open ended titanium lugs for the GT500...they'll save a ton of rotating weight.

Are these weight figures dry or wet weight numbers?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I think they should move the gear selector knob from the center console to the dash and install a 3rd cupholder in the center console. You can't have too many cupholders.

DepWraith

Established Member
Wtf.

Who the hell does shit like this? At what point in your original post did you allude to MSRP at all? We are supposed to know you were talking about MSRP? Horsepower and Torque are both number(s). You literally quoted the guy with the carb executive order and said that's what you were referring to, when would carb have anything to do with MSRP?

You go off on a tangent about people not answering your questions that you don't ask?

I said numbers, sorry you assumed I meant only 2 certain numbers...not really my fault. I mentioned the carb order I knew about for the 13 because clearly if they submitted that they would then move on to finalizing not only hp/trq but MSRP as well based on historical timelines.

Maybe if when people needed further clarification or had a question they actually posted the question instead of smart ass comments then the forum would be more helpful. Lot of members here who love to make these comments, as if it gives them some sort of internet cred, but it actually makes them look like a tool.

Sorry again you assumed, but you know what they say about that...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I said numbers, sorry you assumed I meant only 2 certain numbers...not really my fault. I mentioned the carb order I knew about for the 13 because clearly if they submitted that they would then move on to finalizing not only hp/trq but MSRP as well based on historical timelines.

Maybe if when people needed further clarification or had a question they actually posted the question instead of smart ass comments then the forum would be more helpful. Lot of members here who love to make these comments, as if it gives them some sort of internet cred, but it actually makes them look like a tool.

The only person in this thread looking like a tool is the OP.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

So where are we going to get the weights of the lug nuts in the 13 GT500? It’s been out for 7 years now, you’d think ford would get right on that!

Users who are viewing this thread