nt05!! very dissapointed so far!!!!

rudycobra

Established Member
Is the o5r wider than the 05 ? I just installed the mm low profile bolts and wasn't much clearance with 05's . Looks like gonna order 05r in morning

96cobrastroked

Established Member
if you liked the 555r and had no problems with them. and could hook just stick with those. there cheaper and will last longer. Why mess with a good thing? unless ur looking for a better tire then get the 05R.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hmm...

I run the NT05Rs in 315/35/17 and run them on the street at around 20psi and hooked great!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Flawed expectations.

I don't know how you thought you were going to get anywhere near the grip of an R compound 555R drag radial which has a wear number of 100, from a street radial with a tread wear number of 200.

I do totally understand wanting good rain performance though.

If you want R level grip you are going to need an R compound tire.

If you want better than drag radial rain performance and still have R level grip, then you will want to buy an R compound road race/open track tire.
Like an NT01, R888, or similar treaded R compound non drag radial.

Actually when new, the Nitto 555Rs are semi OK in the rain.

(Disclaimer)Any high grip tire in the R compound range is going to wear rapidly, whether it is a road race R or a drag radial R.

Any tire no matter what it is, on the back of a modded Terminator, is going to have a very short life.:-D

rudycobra

Established Member
Well my expectations came from searching On here and reading quite a few replies how the 05 hook almost asgood as 555r and last longer . I don't care bout rain , car is not driven in rain unless caught but I'll stop or go as slow as got to . I agree with short life on any though that's for sure !

froggerlives07

Established Member
Hey Rudy what suspension mods do you have? Let us know what you had to do to fit the new nt05r's. I heard drag radials arent to good for a stock irs.

rudycobra

Established Member
Are the o5rs bigger than the 05 ?? I had the o5s on and had bout 1/4 " to spare very tight . With car jacked and susp. Hanging the tires rubbed subframe but wen down they were fine , I have eibach springs with top iso removed . Also have the mm low profile bolts . I have the ftbr full kit and lpw cover . I heard and would think drs are better because they are softer and give more than a street tire . With 555rs I had no wheel hop even before the bushings , last nite was horrible with wheel hop . I never knew how bad it could b . I'm hoping the 05r is same size as 05 .

mach1033

Established Member
Being that it's not a DD get the 05R or MT/ET streets. They both hook the same. How do I know you ask? Well cause I raced another member on here and we were dead even off the line ;-) :burnout:

rudycobra

Established Member
Well after all the bs I tried ordering 05r and said 4 weeks so ended up just getting 555r again because wanted to order them together so come in mounted and balanced . Next set will deff b 05r

digital911

Established Member
Well after all the bs I tried ordering 05r and said 4 weeks so ended up just getting 555r again because wanted to order them together so come in mounted and balanced . Next set will deff b 05r

Same here, I just ordered the 555R's with a pair of 10.5x17 cobra rims from americanmuscle.com $776.00 mounted and shipped to my house, with locking lugs, and the IRS bolts to make the 315/35/17's fit!
Can't wait to feel the difference of old, dry rotted, bald, FACTORY 7 year old Goodyear Eagle F1's!!!!

Last edited:

rudycobra

Established Member
You'll love them ! U don't have to change the IRS bolt but doesn't hurt to . I ordered the same thing a year ago , this time 721$ shipped , can't beat that when come ready to install !

digital911

Established Member
You'll love them ! U don't have to change the IRS bolt but doesn't hurt to . I ordered the same thing a year ago , this time 721$ shipped , can't beat that when come ready to install !

Rudy, I took the lug nuts off (but kept the low profile IRS bolts) and total is 736.93, should have this up coming Friday!

rudycobra

Established Member
Sounds good , u need to lower it , come high from factory ! Lol hopefully mine b here next week , ordered over Internet and didnt get tracking info yet

digital911

Established Member
Sounds good , u need to lower it , come high from factory ! Lol hopefully mine b here next week , ordered over Internet and didnt get tracking info yet

Yes it seems a tad too high for my taste. What exactly is involved in lowering it, and are there any drawbacks to doing that??

rudycobra

Established Member
Just changing the coil springs , I have eibach which I think are lower than most but most use h&r race springs , no drawback except if too low like mine just gotta b careful over speedbumps n stuff . And have to get an alignment after .

Users who are viewing this thread