nt05!! very dissapointed so far!!!!

rudycobra

Established Member
just installed brand new 315 nto5's . had them at 28 psi and went pull a few holeshots. very dissapointed so far !! had to baby it out the hole at 2 k and slip the clutch then when finally got in it they spun then spun all second ! my completely bald 555r's did better two nites ago. This really sucks. Hopefully they will break in ??? oh and also had little wheel hop that never had before!

MyStIcHrOmE 04

NEED MORE HP!!!
Established Member
I met a guy at the track when those tires first came out. He was having the same problems on a well prepared track. I told him to drop the pressure down to 15 lbs and see what would happen.....MAGIC!!! He did not spin at all coming out of the hole, in fact he was bogging down. So, drop the pressure down and see how they do. Hope this helps.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Cool story bro? What made you go with the NT05's instead of the NT05R's? Those things hook great.

-Eric

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
^ this... 28psi is too much for trying to hook. Have let my mickeys down to about 12-15psi
to keep from blowing them off.... keep them at 25psi on the street.

rudycobra

Established Member
yeah imma try lower for street but always kept 555r at 25 and was fine and hooked awesome. im hoping they do better at lower ,i allready asked a friend if wants buy rims and tires! i chose them because lots of people on here say they hook as good as 555 and better in rain and get more miles. think i will get the 555r again next time, would love the o5r but all the talk about them not lasting turned me away

Teej281

Established Member
You're expecting a non-drag radial to hook better than a drag radial and have a stiff sidewall for auto-x and corner carving? They hook very well for what they are. They are an auto-x tire, and you have to air them down to a level to allow the sidewall to not be so stiff from air pressure. NT05's are a great tire, and I wish they made them in a wider format to better fit my 18x10.5's.

rudycobra

Established Member
sorry but yes i was expecting them too because of the positive posts on here and people said they did. i knew better and ill deff get the 555r as soon as sell thgese or burn them up

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
You're expecting a non-drag radial to hook better than a drag radial and have a stiff sidewall for auto-x and corner carving? They hook very well for what they are. They are an auto-x tire, and you have to air them down to a level to allow the sidewall to not be so stiff from air pressure. NT05's are a great tire, and I wish they made them in a wider format to better fit my 18x10.5's.

Read this post its right on the button,OP!

Teej281

Established Member
Op, you need to learn how to properly use tires. If you have a soft sidewalk tire, then you can leave them aired up. If you have a stiffer sidewall tire, you'll have to let air out to allow the sidewall to soften up a little bit to hook better. Fully aired, my nt05's hooked well. Never aired them down to like 20 or lower to get them to really hook. But you're just being lazy because you don't want to let the air out to get them to hook and then air them up to take turns.

96cobrastroked

Established Member
sorry but yes i was expecting them too because of the positive posts on here and people said they did. i knew better and ill deff get the 555r as soon as sell thgese or burn them up

most guys who have said they hook have very minor mods. or baby the car out of the whole.

you should never expect a street tire to hook like a drag radial. Even if said drag radial "555r" is the "streetiest" drag radial available.

The Nt05R is not much more expensive and it'll last probably just as long as the nt05's will when u factor in how much your burning them up!

rudycobra

Established Member
Lazy ?? I'm fine with airing them out but wen have them aired for interstate and catch someone wanting to race I wanna b to slowdown and hook not pull over and let air out ! Tires are for sale ! Anyone says they hook as good as 555r well good luck .

96cobrastroked

Established Member
any drag radial isnt gonna last very long. but it'll last 3k-5k depending on ur driving. I've learned u can not use the 555r life as a comparison to any other tire. if u have low power it's perfect. just get a bigger tire if u can fit it. and stick with the 555r

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I have the 315 NT05R and love them. Great tire so far. Have about 3K on them and there at about 50% treadlife. They are not a rain tire at all. My bald 555R's were better in the rain.

If there at just a normal temp i get very minor wheel hop. With some heat in them they grip well with no hop.

rudycobra

Established Member
Ok selling rear rims and tires to friend tonight , so now gotta decide if 05r or 555r ??? Is American muscle cheapest place to order rims ? Gonna order another set of 10 1/2 with one of the two tires tonight so gotta decide

mach1033

Established Member
I have been in your shoe's and so have otheres on here. A street tire is just that a street tire. It is NEVER gonna hook up from a dig like a DR or road race tire. I have MT ET streets at a tire pressure between 25 and 28 depending on temps and they hook just fine. I had Nitto NT555 and at only 495rwhp they weren't worth shit. Great tire for cruising and if you get caught in the rain. Cruised at 70mph in the rain heading to a shop in PA. Never once did I get nervous. But at WOT I spun 1st to 3rd every time. There is always going to be trade off's when shopping for a tire that needs to meet your personal needs. If this is your DD the NT05R'S arent gonna cut for you in the rain. Stick with the 555r's or some Toyo's R888's or RA-1's. A friend in a local club here has the RA-1s as his DD tire during the Spring Summer and Fall. They are not a winter tire at all. After seeing his results on track and on the street I went an purchased them.

rudycobra

Established Member
Not a dd and barely in rain , do take 2 hour to Biloxi few times a year . My 555r s hooked great from 1st and on , just tuff decision cause I did hook with them and it's 50 cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread