nt05!! very dissapointed so far!!!!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well after all the bs I tried ordering 05r and said 4 weeks so ended up just getting 555r again because wanted to order them together so come in mounted and balanced . Next set will deff b 05r

You're probably better this way. The 05r is not a street tire. It is deadly in the rain. Going 45 on the Bonnet Carre I10 I spun out. Luckily I didn't hit anything. I took the Laplace exit and drove the rest of the way to my house down Airline Hwy at 25mph slipping the entire time with the hazzards on. This was my dedicated track tire/rim's as we had gone to a cruise night in Metairie and I wanted to be prepared. I had no idea it was going to rain. Now if I have them on, I definitely check weather.com. BTW, I've always run 555r's on my L and have never had a problem with them in rain.

Black Sex

Established Member
When you guys say they are great in the rain, at what speeds are you driving? In town or highway? WHat kind of roads, asphault or concrete? How much water on the road, just alittle light rain or a summers down pour? I look at this tire and don't see it as a good water tire. I want to get rid of my 555R's but am skeptical of trying these as I don't want to waste $375 on a tire that sucks for DD.

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
My 555R's sucked in the rain going 45 on the highway and they weren't even at the warebars yet.

rudycobra

Established Member
digital, i forgot but been reading that u can cut the factory springs to get the desired height u like. mite need cc plates for front depending on how low u go.

mr.magic

Established Member
Like rudy I'm haten my 05's!!!! went from the 555R's to these POS. The way these spin and get tore up from the pavement I'll bet an ok hooking set of DR's will outlast these. 1st through 3rd is useless. FAIL! -That's all I have to say about these freakin tires.

Last edited:

hiimdrummer03

Established Member
Like rudy I'm haten my 05's!!!! went from the 555R's to these POS. The way these spin and get tore up from the pavement I'll bet an ok hooking set of DR's will outlast these. 1st through 3rd is useless. FAIL! -That's all I have to say about these freakin tires.

Although you did go from a performance drag radial to a agressive street tire *shrug*

digital911

Established Member
OK I finally got my 10.5" rims and 315/35/17 Nitto 555R's. WOW, I can barely spin the tires in 1st gear! It's almost too much traction! And they ride pretty comfortable!
And wheel hop is NON EXISTENT cause I can't spin the tires!!!
If they last a decent amount of time I will be extremely satisfied!
And now I need more HP cause when you don't spin it seems you need more power! LOL
Thanks Rudy!

rudycobra

Established Member
Yeah I also know how u feel cause people talk bout spinning 2nd and all well I usually hit 2nd hard and always just goes never slips through and I thought I was only one ! Hope u like the tires ,! What psi ? Put them to 18 and dam u goin ! Lol

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Everybody knows you have to "burn" off a new set of tires 1 or 2 times moderately to get them to hook. There is some sort of slick snot on them right at first. I'm very pleased with my nt05's

rudycobra

Established Member
Maybe that's true but my 555rs hook without that , if I catch anyone slipping on street with nt05s they better watch out lol

Black Sex

Established Member
Maybe that's true but my 555rs hook without that , if I catch anyone slipping on street with nt05s they better watch out lol

The only way I found my 555R's to hook, was set them at 10-12 psi. You can't exactly drive around town with "flat" tires. Plus they suck in the rain

digital911

Established Member
Yeah I also know how u feel cause people talk bout spinning 2nd and all well I usually hit 2nd hard and always just goes never slips through and I thought I was only one ! Hope u like the tires ,! What psi ? Put them to 18 and dam u goin ! Lol

I believe I'm running the factory 35psi

Now I have a new problem when I shift at high rpm, the motor bogs bad (in between shifts), sometimes, as if its losing fuel. Could this be the dreaded egr or whatever its called problem?

beeradd

Established Member
Running the Nt05's here and love them. They do very well when I get caught out in the rain!

digital911

Established Member

they exceeded my expectations as far as traction, now I hope they do ok in the rain!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread