Not your average 98 GT

str3ck

Established Member
Three things i really dislike on cars in general...

1. White cars
2. Gold rims
3. Tan Interior

you sir however, have managed to put all three things together in a package that i personally think looks awesome and pretty unique. well done.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I am a little confused. You mentioned that the car has an "03 GT heart"....yet, judging from the pics, it clearly does not.

Aside from the non-COP ingition, pre-PI alternator, and drivers-side oil neck (01+ has it on the passenger side), the engine looks like a 96-98 NPI motor.....?

Really? There's always one hater to stand out. :poke:

OP, the car looks awesome, I thinly the gold fr500's make it, never seen that before, I love it

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Thanks a lot guys...its always interesting to hear feedback after you go "balls deep" on a project...I remember the moment when I selected the fabric from a 4"x4" piece of swatch, and I wasn't completely convinced, but I said f*ck it...I'll make it work. I couldn't be happier.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Nice car... never been a fan of mustangs without any spoiler though.
I absolutely loved it wingless when I had a stock hood...but now I'm craving a small lip, which obviously isn't available in the market, so I'll have to make my own...I've already experimented with a Camry lip, which failed miserably...but I'll find something that works. It will most likely get smoothed into the trunk lid.

Last edited:

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Really? There's always one hater to stand out. :poke:

OP, the car looks awesome, I thinly the gold fr500's make it, never seen that before, I love it
Thanks man...no worries, its a PI motor...everything swaps over to run the stock 98 ignition/computer...even the valve covers..but someone always has to doubt. I recently ran a compression and leak down test and everything checked out, so BOOST is in my near future.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Two questions: 1.) What exhaust is that and 2.) did you remove the factory sound deaden-er first then applied the new stuff?

mvr

Established Member
love the car man! was always a fan of your vert on MF. keep up the good work

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
Two questions: 1.) What exhaust is that and 2.) did you remove the factory sound deaden-er first then applied the new stuff?
SLP LM1s

There really isn't any factory sound deadener...just some discolored stuff that was basically infused to the metal, so I didn't even try removing it...I just cleaned everything and went to work. There was a little bit on the wheel wells but I left it because I figured the more the better...plus it would have taken hours with a chisel to even come close to removing it.

svt5150

Established Member
I absolutely loved it wingless when I had a stock hood...but now I'm craving a small lip, which obviously isn't available in the market, so I'll have to make my own...I've already experimented with a Camry lip, which failed miserably...but I'll find something that works. It will most likely get smoothed into the trunk lid.

You should do a BMW CSL M3 style lip molded to the trunk. Would look great.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member

I would leave it wingless, it goes well because of the drop you have. Maybe a S-281 wing but IMO I wouldnt do it.

JonBeast

Call me JB
Established Member
I had an s281 on my vert...and its actually a pretty massive wing in person...I like the m3 lip idea, I'll look into it. Digging under the hood is next...I'll address the lip next season. I also want to pull/widen my rear fenders and stuff some 18x13s out back...lots of aggressive future plans for this car.

Users who are viewing this thread