Not having kids?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Points to cogitate...
- Having children is also your contribution to society (hopefully to it's benefit) to continue the rights and freedoms you enjoy.
- If you choose not to have children, you may be lonely later in life.

One of my most satisfying parenting joys just happened.
After our son's wedding ceremony, in front of +150 people, he graciously and repeatedly thanked wifey and I for everything we've done for him. It was at that point, I spoke up and said, "You're going to do the same thing for your kids too, aren't you?"

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow i been out for a long time! I certainly remembered your first boy and when you got married, not the other's haha. Beautiful family!
Two oldest I married in to, the blonde was my first marriage, then the youngest is ours together.

Sent from my Potato

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How do you do the whole crotchrocket thing? Put him in a backpack? :D

Kid looks like he's loving it, man. Props to ya.
Like this:

Attachments

• LILY_PANIGALE.jpeg
    LILY_PANIGALE.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 85

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My favorite Simpsons quote of all time was Homer saying

"I have 3 kids and no money...why can't I have no kids and 3 money"

Classic!!

I wasn't sure I actually wanted kids. Honestly wife talked me into it. Best decision I ever made. Is it hectic, time consuming, frustrating, expensive? Yup. Still, 100% worth it, wouldn't trade being a dad for anything else in the world. I still ride my motorcycle and see my friends, less for sure but thats ok. I would rather spend time at home, teaching my boys how to do things and hanging out with them. Oh, and I have more money now than I ever did before I had kids. It puts things in perspective on how to save and spend wisely, really changes all of your priorities.

I don't judge people who don't want kids, I get it, I was there. But don't pick on us for not being able to come out and do stuff, in reality we are much happier where we are anyways.

They mature you and make a man fully understand his responsibilities in this world IMO. I was as selfish as they come prior to having kids.

Teaching them mechanics and watching them turn wrenches is one of the most enjoyable things in my life these days..

Here's my son polishing/restoring this old beat up FMF pipe we bought off eBay for $100 (money he saved) for his LT250r. Came out great and he did it himself.

Morgan

Established Member
There’s an entire genre of jokes that, sadly, you’ll never understand. :|

Morgan

Established Member
Classic!!

They mature you and make a man fully understand his responsibilities in this world IMO. I was as selfish as they come prior to having kids.

Teaching them mechanics and watching them turn wrenches is one of the most enjoyable things in my life these days..

Here's my son polishing/restoring this old beat up FMF pipe we bought off eBay for $100 (money he saved) for his LT250r. Came out great and he did it himself.

You taught your son how to polish his own pipe?
fun

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
step father of four, adopted dad of one here..

my adopted son (12) is a genius, scored top 6% of the state in leap tests, reads everything, makes friends with anyone without prejudice, but he has emotional problems (self destructs) and has ADHD..

my oldest step daughter (23) brings a smile to my face every time I see her. she's been though hell (drugs and sexual abuse) but she's been moving in the right direction for the last few years.. going to school and working a lot of hours to support herself..

my three step sons are complete failures... got court tomorrow for two of them (18 and 12) due to domestic issues.. they mimic their biological father who is a deadbeat dad, sex offender, domestic abuser, drug addict, etc.. I've washed my hands with them..

I love my wife and I'm not divorcing her, but **** dem kids..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_175637.jpg
    IMG_20211220_175637.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 59

1slo5ohh

Established Member
There was a short period I thought about maybe wanting kids but that faded quick. Life happened and I got caught up in work and life in general and now in my mid 30s haven't given it a second thought. I enjoy my life with my wife and what we have, a kid wouldn't have changed that, we make good money and have a good support system so it's not like I don't want them because I want to "do what I want when I want" I just don't have the desire to be a father or feel like I have a void to fill.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
"Better things to do" is subjective. I'd say they've got obligations which certainly takes the flare out of it. Just a different perspective
Meh, as a father I rarely consider it an obligation. I would rather be home with my family.

Imo, there are illusions of the one "group" being jealous of what the other "group" has. As a parent I wouldn't trade in a million years for "freedom". And those who have chosen not to have kids wouldn't trade in a million years for the "fulfillment" of having kids. Not sure why each side feels the need to convince the other that they don't have it as good. In most cases the path each has chosen is exactly what they want and they aren't gonna be convinced otherwise.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone gets their own choice in life. I wouldn’t trade my 3 kids for any amount of free time.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Married August 23, 1997.

Decided we wanted a family but would enjoy each other’s company for a few years and travel. Wife was young when we married.

September 12th, 2001.
Wife Sits me down. “I will never bring kids into this world.”
She was “involved” with the muslim terrorist attacks. She lost colleagues.

Not talking about this any further. Not going to prolly respond if anyone questions this. Not gonna judge anyone else’s life or decisions. This is my story and I got zero regrets.

Retired at 49 and am exactly where I want to be in life.

The End.

Users who are viewing this thread