Not having kids?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
A friend once asked me what I thought about him and his wife having kids. I asked him “how much money do you have in his checking account?”
He replied “$300!”
I told him “ if you have kids right now, your checking account will stay at or below $300 for a long time.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Possibly, but it may depend on how they spend their money (assuming they do okay). Before kids, we were terrible at putting money away, spending and had very little in savings. After kids (now 3 and 5), priorities changed and we are in a MUCH better place right now than before we had kids.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Same, but I understand not everyone wants them. I was a little unsure on when to have one until it happened. Then it became second nature to me.

No one is 'ready' to have a kid. haha Even if you think you are, you're not.

Once you have them, human nature takes over (for most people).

I went from zero kids to four in the matter of 3 years. Wouldn't change it for the world!

The one question I constantly ask myself though, what did I ever do with all of my free time prior to having kids?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

I went from zero kids to four in the matter of 3 years. Wouldn't change it for the world!

The one question I constantly ask myself though, what did I ever do with all of my free time prior to having kids?
That's the #1 thing I tell anyone about to have kids. You don't realize how much free time you really had until you have kids.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I always wanted kids but never wanted a wife. Probably why I ended up in the profession I'm in. All my paternal instincts have been satisfied.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

This 100%. Even those parents who read and "study" on how to be parents usually have some kind of breakdown in the first year or soo haha

Every kid is also different, you think you learned how to raise a toddler with your first kid or two? The next one will throw your game off completely

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Daycare costs $14k a year for our 2 year old son for us. Amazingly, that is a decent price for a kid still in diapers but not great for a potty trained kid. If our careers hadn't progressed in the last 5 years, that cost would hurt pretty hard.

At 37 and 35 one child is likely it for us. My wife is struck by illogical "clock is ticking" female emotions while I am looking at things logically and after our anticipated 2022 move, we can't comfortably afford $28k a year in daycare without pulling out designated retirement funds.

I also don't want to risk a daughter and as the oldest of 3, I never wanted my siblings until I was well into adulthood. I also don't want my son living in a household where he doesn't get the experiences most other kids do like I grew up in.

Zemedici

Established Member

whatever I ****ing want to! :D hahaha

2am motorcycle rides or out street racing, head to the drag strip @ 8am on Saturday, or 11pm Friday night.....

another reason I dont want kids. Would be a HUGE hit to my lifestyle.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
whatever I ****ing want to! :D hahaha

2am motorcycle rides or out street racing, head to the drag strip @ 8am on Saturday, or 11pm Friday night.....

another reason I dont want kids. Would be a HUGE hit to my lifestyle.

I can do all those things now.

T56LS102

Established Member
I have 5 kids, out of the 5 kids 2 sets of twins, first set 4 year old identical boys, 2nd set is a boy and a girl 9 months old. Literally everything is on a schedule, its a lot of work but a lot of fun at the same time, thankfully family is there to help.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm not talking about 'once in a blue moon' type situation, I'm talking all of the above, multiple times weekly

My married buddies TRY to keep up week one.

Never make it past week 2.

hahaha
Can't blame em, either they're having ton of sex after getting home with their wives or working their way to go back in bed with em

Zemedici

Established Member
Can't blame em, either they're having ton of sex after getting home with their wives or working their way to go back in bed with em

the latter, 100% of the time.

I'm just saying, usually the women run the show at the end of the day / week, and VERY FEW 'understand' horsepower / the game lolol

Users who are viewing this thread