No Mag Ride?

What should I buy

• Total voters

RazorSVT

Established Member
I placed my order yesterday for a base car. I can afford to buy the car outright and do not want payments. I have a payment on my 2016 Z06.

The GT350 will be my daily Driver, a couple guys said they would not buy the car if it didnt have the Mag Ride. I will maybe do a little autoX but nothing serious. Am I making a mistake? Its either buy the base or get something different.

What should I do?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally, I'd pay the extra cash for the Track Pack....but that's up to you.

krt22

Established Member
Personally, I'd pay the extra cash for the Track Pack....but that's up to you.
+1. If anything I wonder if the car is more compliant in normal mode with the magneride vs the base without.

Interest rates are so low it would be a pretty insignificant payment

cnflctd

Established Member
My base is my daily driver. Coming out of two previous GTs. To be honest, the car is smooth as silk and I don't regret my decision whatsoever. For me, As a daily driver in an area with smooth streets/highways (with no intention of tracking the car), the extra $ for the track pack was totally unwarranted. I bought the track pack spoiler....the only element I wish came on the base car. $412 and problem solved.

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Total FAIL without the Magneride.

Save your $$ and just get a Coyote S550, if you're not buying a Magneride Equipped 350.

Magneride, is one of the cornerstone technologies in the GT350 that make the car the landmark Mustang it is.

Last edited:

RazorSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will make the call tomorrow. Tech package it is.

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
Zero plans to track the car right? Otherwise you might want to opt for the track pack

RazorSVT

Established Member
With out the tack package, the 350 overheats in mins on a track.

At this time there is no aftermarket or ford performance fix.

I have my Z06 all sorted for the track so I will mostly use the GT350 for DD use and if coolers are available I will upgrade them when I can.

hognutz

Established Member
I placed my order yesterday for a base car. I can afford to buy the car outright and do not want payments. I have a payment on my 2016 Z06.

The GT350 will be my daily Driver, a couple guys said they would not buy the car if it didnt have the Mag Ride. I will maybe do a little autoX but nothing serious. Am I making a mistake? Its either buy the base or get something different.

What should I do?

I have been back and forth on this. I like the price without mag ride but I loved the mag ride on my Zl1. I personally am going to wait until 2017 pricing is announced to see what the car cost with the mag ride standard.

Then again since this is my toy car and I am not in a huge hurry I can wait a bit to see how it plays out.

the ADM rush on this car and the way the packages had to be ordered for 2016 left a bad taste in my mouth. somebody can't want features and track capability at the same time???? that was just stupid to me.

my zl1 was awesome for daily type driving and it had features, coolers, mag ride standard. now the downside was the cost though so the 2017 base price might jump up enough to make the base 2016 a good choice.

Last edited:

93oh

Established Member
I opted for base non track pack. Handling is still razor sharp and car rides beautifully. Saved 50 pounds in coolers and not running track days.

Users who are viewing this thread