Nj members get in here!

chrisfromnj

Established Member
Now that I picked up a m6 '14 GT, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on shops to use in NJ. I'm in the new providence/summit area of NJ, so a bit north and west. Any shops fairly local to 07974 good with installs on the coyote?

Also any good places within say 100 miles of 07974 for dyno tuning on the coyote?

Joey8

Established Member
Now that I picked up a m6 '14 GT, I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on shops to use in NJ. I'm in the new providence/summit area of NJ, so a bit north and west. Any shops fairly local to 07974 good with installs on the coyote?

Also any good places within say 100 miles of 07074 for dyno tuning on the coyote?

Dyno tuning Kevin hand @ wicked motorsportsI in Tom's river . I personally haven't used him but heard only great things about him. If you are looking for part installs and wanr a shop a bit closer look up robs performance in Belleville. He's done all the work on my car from suspension to long tube headers to something as simple as an oil change. More then fair prices and takes care of your car like it's his own. Not a big fancy shop but he's legit.

chrisfromnj

Established Member
I know Kevin had a great reputation in the fox body and 4.6 world, haven't heard much on whether he does the coyotes. If he does ll most likely use him when I start modding as his reputation in the aforementioned fields speaks for itself.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member

Also any good places within say 100 miles of 07974 for dyno tuning on the coyote?

As Joey mentioned, Kevin at Wicked is a solid choice. That's if you can get an appointment. Been waiting several months now. Another shop I've been to with a nice experience is Big Daddy's Performance (Lakewood, NJ). Good guys over there. They do everything including dyno tuning. They did some great suspension work on my car.

Places for regular mechanic work/installs would be either my buddy Vahan at Captans Auto Repair (Lodi, NJ) or Alfredo at Valley Performance (Bloomfield, NJ). Had positive experiences with both. Alfredo is hard to get a hold of sometimes though. Vahan at Captans is a personal friend of mine and will treat you great. Prices are fair. He owns an 03 Cobra like myself. Family owned business and very reliable. Been consistently going to him for over 3 years. I take my other car and my wife's Lexus to him.

Last edited:

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
I know Kevin had a great reputation in the fox body and 4.6 world, haven't heard much on whether he does the coyotes. If he does ll most likely use him when I start modding as his reputation in the aforementioned fields speaks for itself.

Thanks for the props Chris. If its any indication of my skill set with the coyote platform I have 6 coyotes here current all with different work being performed. A few of them were recommended to come here from AED, whom we have a good working relationship with and friends in the industry ;). Come by when you have a chance we can go over what your looking to do.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
As Joey mentioned, Kevin at Wicked is a solid choice. That's if you can get an appointment. Been waiting several months now. Another shop I've been to with a nice experience is Big Daddy's Performance (Lakewood, NJ). Good guys over there. They do everything including dyno tuning. They did some great suspension work on my car.

Places for regular mechanic work/installs would be either my buddy Vahan at Captans Auto Repair (Lodi, NJ) or Alfredo at Valley Performance (Bloomfield, NJ). Had positive experiences with both. Alfredo is hard to get a hold of sometimes though. Vahan at Captans is a personal friend of mine and will treat you great. Prices are fair. He owns an 03 Cobra like myself. Family owned business and very reliable. Been consistently going to him for over 3 years. I take my other car and my wife's Lexus to him.

I don't know if you guys would want me to be struggling getting work in so i would always be available for anyone at the drop of a hat, or busy because the work speaks for itself. I try my best to give every car the same thorough attention, as the one before it or the next in line. I can not sacrifice the quality of a job or rush jobs in order to get to the next one.

People have said...."you need to hire someone", then I hear "but I only want you touching my car" lol seems counter intuitive. I have some things in the works to try and increase the rate of turnover, but we arent dealing with brake jobs and oil changes here. I don't specialize in bolt ons, I generally get the cars and vehicles that everyone else has been thru or can't fix or don't care to fix because they want the steady in and out work.

Carlos, you were a testement to that. Another shop wanted to take you thru the wringer $$$$$ wise, and I gave it to you straight forward and like it was. I fixed your car, and it cost you next to nothing compared to what other experts wanted. Majority of you should be estatic that Im busy, because its my hard work and passion that has brought me to where I am currently.

Can I service everyone when "they" want it, no absolutely not. But I can only guarantee that Its generally worth the wait, and that the relationship I try and build with my customers is unique and something generally not offered elsewhere.

I don't like having people wait for my services, i loose sleep over it, i want everyone happy with me. Generally everyone is, the ones that aren't, are the ones that become impatient, feel that i blew them off etc. But thats NEVER the case. I havent had a weekend off since winter currently, have been here ALL hours of the night trying to catch up and get to everyones rides. Sometimes it seems damn near impossible to please everyone.

The cruise I organized beginning of the month was the first day I had taken off to actually do something fun in quite sometime, and really enjoyed, old, new and potential customers hanging out and enjoying the sole reason why I do this as my craft.

I have one dyno, one brain, one laptop, I effectively can only calibrate a car at a time. Even if i had 3 dynos in my shop I can only be on one car at a time.

In closing, I apologize to any and all that are still wating for my services, Im doing my best here that I can under the circumstances.

NjsGT500

Established Member
Not to thread jack but any north nj guys looking to set up a weekl meet? Morris/sussex/Passaic/Essex counties

Joey8

Established Member
Not to thread jack but any north nj guys looking to set up a weekl meet? Morris/sussex/Passaic/Essex counties

That would be cool. If you add waxed daily on fb there's a bunch of meets etc that they advertise but mostly in South jersey. I would like to see weekly meet in North Jersey for sure

NjsGT500

Established Member
That would be cool. If you add waxed daily on fb there's a bunch of meets etc that they advertise but mostly in South jersey. I would like to see weekly meet in North Jersey for sure

Exactly, going down south isn't worth it.... Wasn't there a Sunday morning meet at the garden state mall last year?

Joey8

Established Member
Exactly, going down south isn't worth it.... Wasn't there a Sunday morning meet at the garden state mall last year?

Not sure about that one. NJ strangers host a lot of meets and car shows in central and northern Jersey. Check them out on fb

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member

I'm down! I'm in Passaic county (Totowa). Haven't had a chance to get to any meets or track days yet cause of this crap weather.

Let's set something up. Can't wait to hit the track or just hang out.

Yeah it's a little bit of a hike getting down there. There used to be, but it never held. As Joey mentioned a group from a different forum (NJStangers) used to meet there. I would be down for starting it up again. Or by me in Willowbrook mall hehe!

Just a FYI. There's a Cars and Coffee meet this Sunday at Chatham. I was thinking of checking it out. Never been to a C&C before and always wanted to check the scene out. If you guys want to go, we could meet up. Here's the info:

Date: Sunday, May 18
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

NjsGT500

Established Member
I'm down! I'm in Passaic county (Totowa). Haven't had a chance to get to any meets or track days yet cause of this crap weather.

Let's set something up. Can't wait to hit the track or just hang out.

Yeah it's a little bit of a hike getting down there. There used to be, but it never held. As Joey mentioned a group from a different forum (NJStangers) used to meet there. I would be down for starting it up again. Or by me in Willowbrook mall hehe!

Just a FYI. There's a Cars and Coffee meet this Sunday at Chatham. I was thinking of checking it out. Never been to a C&C before and always wanted to check the scene out. If you guys want to go, we could meet up. Here's the info:

Date: Sunday, May 18
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928
I'm on the Morris/sussex border, about 25 min up rt.23 from totowa. Last summer we used to hang out at the chipotle at willowbrook every sat night.
I'm down to check c&c out, my bro might go as well. Pm me if you want to cruise there. Also, I'm thinking of going to whiskey cafe tonight in lyndhurst right off rt3...

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
I'm on the Morris/sussex border, about 25 min up rt.23 from totowa. Last summer we used to hang out at the chipotle at willowbrook every sat night.
I'm down to check c&c out, my bro might go as well. Pm me if you want to cruise there. Also, I'm thinking of going to whiskey cafe tonight in lyndhurst right off rt3...

Nice! I know exactly where that is. I wish I would have known I would have been there with you guys. I am literally 3 mins from there. I live off of rt.46 near the home depot/Bed Bath shopping complex. Let me know if you guys decide to gather there again. I'll stop by. Can't make Whiskey tonight cause of a family function. But will definitely be willing to hit the C&C. Let me know and we can meet up. I'll PM you my info in case.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
It sort of is, but the location changes. They should have the schedule/location info online. Just search for Cars and Coffee NJ and you should find it. Or go to NJStangers.com. A nice guy named Bandit updates the forum with all those events.

BTW I had a great time. Good turnout. Didn't experience any egos or arrogance.

Joey8

Established Member
It sort of is, but the location changes. They should have the schedule/location info online. Just search for Cars and Coffee NJ and you should find it. Or go to NJStangers.com. A nice guy named Bandit updates the forum with all those events.

BTW I had a great time. Good turnout. Didn't experience any egos or arrogance.

Ahh I should of tried to make it. I wa to hungover from Saturday night (friends birthday that got a little out of hand). I'll try to make the next one for sure.

Hey Carlos when are you trying to make it back down to Island to get some runs in?

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Ahh I should of tried to make it. I wa to hungover from Saturday night (friends birthday that got a little out of hand). I'll try to make the next one for sure.

Hey Carlos when are you trying to make it back down to Island to get some runs in?

No worries man lol! I've always wanted to go to one of these, but one of the reasons besides weather was waking up LOL! I'm not a morning person and I usually like to stay up late on Fri-Sat doing whatever. There's actually another one this Sunday in Ramsey. I may check this one out as well. So if you're up for it let me know. That applies to you to Mike hehe!

There's also a car show at the Wayne Ford this Saturday. I'm definitely going cause I live 2 mins from it hehe! Here's the link if you or anyone are interested. Hopefully the weather doesn't screw it up. http://waynefordcars.com/Car-Show/

^ let me know Carlos as well.

About the track. I am in the process of ordering my big and little setup so I can start running my car. I'll let both you and Joey know when I'm ready. Should have all my gear by the end of the week.

Last edited:

NjsGT500

Established Member
No worries man lol! I've always wanted to go to one of these, but one of the reasons besides weather was waking up LOL! I'm not a morning person and I usually like to stay up late on Fri-Sat doing whatever. There's actually another one this Sunday in Ramsey. I may check this one out as well. So if you're up for it let me know. That applies to you to Mike hehe!

There's also a car show at the Wayne Ford this Saturday. I'm definitely going cause I live 2 mins from it hehe! Here's the link if you or anyone are interested. Hopefully the weather doesn't screw it up. http://waynefordcars.com/Car-Show/

About the track. I am in the process of ordering my big and little setup so I can start running my car. I'll let both you and Joey know when I'm ready. Should have all my gear by the end of the week.

I'm down for both this weekend..... I would like to "try" to run my car soon and my bro wants to run his 14' gt. I'm actually having a belt slipping issue at the moment with my car, it's weird.... I'll text ya later to figure the meets/shows man.

Users who are viewing this thread