Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Blower

Votes: 52 82.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteedaSVT

Established Member
Whoa i don't check the site in like a month and Demon's still ripping people new Assholes i Love it!!!!!!

And Bass...... Demon's car is extremly fast trust me i know:(..:mj: :mj: :mj:

Last edited:

NastyWS6

Established Member
I would go with the blower, I like the idea of having the power at all times and not having to worry about filling a damn bottle every week.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by NastyWS6
I would go with the blower, I like the idea of having the power at all times and not having to worry about filling a damn bottle every week.
I vote for the blower too.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I wish I had a blower or nitrous last night. I ran a 01 GT about three times and was ahead by a car all three times. I hit fourth gear and he just walked back up on me like a dog. I probably got him in the 1-4 but we raced a long, long way... nice death, to a Mustang and all.

Green SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
I wish I had a blower or nitrous last night. I ran a 01 GT about three times and was ahead by a car all three times. I hit fourth gear and he just walked back up on me like a dog. I probably got him in the 1-4 but we raced a long, long way... nice death, to a Mustang and all.
You see, its not impossible. When I said my wife beat a 99 GT in my car, I got BS flags. But if the V8 driver is COMPLETELY worthless,(which in this case he was)it can happen. If I had an 01 GT and lost to a CSVT, I would park it and enroll in some serious therapy. Thats got to be embarassing.

SVTdubs

Established Member
Green SVT, I got SMOKED by a GT back home. He had exhaust but he was a decent driver. This kid in the GT here shifted like he was going to the market. I was powershifting the tour, hammer on the ground through all three then granny shifted fourth so I would not miss. Big difference in drivers. You all would be suprised what these SVT Contour's can hang with....

Green SVT

Established Member
You all would be suprised what these SVT Contour's can hang with....

If the driver is competent. I think I've seen more kill stories on our cars than anything else in our class. Our cars really aren't that quick, and if the driver isn't that good, its even worse. I've seen a guy running 16.8-mid 17s at the track. I was embarassed to say the least.
Couple that with a small aftermarket and these cars not taking well to mods and you have a recipe for disaster.

-R-

SVTdubs

Established Member
60??? 40 is where mine is fast as a mofo!

If I only use the N20 every once in a while under a WOT switch, which would be more safe, the blower or the N20. The blower will still register boost under normal driving...at least the way I drive!

Which one is less wear and tear on the engine and other parts?

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
The boost is bled off if you're not at wot. The bleed off valve is hooked up to manifold vacuum, so if you're at part throttle, you won't get any boost. The boost doesn't even really build untill 4k rpms anyway. I'd think that there would be less wear with the blower because the boost builds over the rpm range, and the n20 comes on all at once.

Btw, my car is really fast on the freeway (60mph+). 3rd and 4th gear both pull pretty hard.

OutlawdSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Bass
demon if you think you know so much about your ride one would think you would know where to buy parts for it.............. SHOSHOP ofers the brake kit and if you saved up you dunkin donuts paychex and threw in a little extra you could have them too... DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SPIT IGNORANCE. and for the record the car was dynoed with out the chrome.
Hey Dar dar you complain to Demon on knowing alot about his car why don't you learn more about the mods you supposely have. Like for example what in the heck are weiland police strobes? If your pimping out your mods at least spell them correctly (Whelen). Iknow that is minor compared to the other BS that is being said, but I just thought that was funny. Oh and making the comment to Demon saying the car was dynoed w/out the chrome meaning that is why your times seem good really makes me laugh. The Chrome callipers aren't rotating on the dyno. Have fun

OutlawdSVT

Established Member
Disregard my first statement I didn't realise that weiland made strobes yet, just rear arrow sticks and such.

SVTJuggalo

I would have to say vortech, but they are still having problems with them aren't they? Vcn 2000 would be nice 2!
VORTECH for the constant power if they can get the bugs out.:lol:

Steeltwo

Established Member
i'm sure everyone thought of this, but none said it

WHEELHOP

stock mine is a WHORE. Anything past 3k on the launch and its hopping its way to new wheel bearings(sp?). Woulnd't a blower just make it worse?

one main thing I dislike about the blower or turbo idea on a csvt. The compression is so fooking high on these cars. You have to be extra careful with boost. Or run 4-5 psi and pray nothing blows.

i might go the n20 route. 75 shot seems to be the magic number i'm thinking of. But we'll see.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Mine hits 9psi everytime I take it to 7250rpms and I've had no problems whatsoever. Now a turbo making a consistent 9psi throughout the rpm range might worry me a little, but I think the duratec can handle it. Even 7 psi has shown to be totally safe if your car is tuned correctly (on a 2000 motor with the higher compression).

LateralFace

Established Member
My vote is for the vortech, with as much boost that can be safe for the gaskets and the water pump(metal of course). Oh and you should also look at getting a water/methanol injection kit. I have heard new cobra owners boasting mad HP gains because of how cool and stable it will keep the s/c. You will have to look more into that, I don't know the details.

LateralFace

Established Member
Oh yeah, not to be on anybodies side or anything, but when bass is saying he dyno'd to car without the chrome, doesn't he mean his wheels(the actual rotating mass) not the brake calipers. Still don't believe him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread