• Blower

Votes: 52 82.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
With my current mods... intake, exhaust, chip...

Should I get nitrous or a Vortech Supercharger?

What power numbers should I expect from the blower?

What numbers should I see with nitrous and what level should I spray at?

What 1-4 times and speeds should I see with nitrous?

What about with the supercharger?

If you have nitrous or a blower, list all your mods, power numbers and drag times. Also list any problems or helpful tips.

Thanks guys

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
98 csvt, high flow y, high flow cat, aluminum pulleys, superchip, baer 14 brakes w/ chrome calipers, chrome giovanna corsica 18's, weiland police strobes, philips hids, k&n intake, 30 shot NOS fogger 238 HP at the wheels on the bottle 209 off. Dynoed last week after doing exhaust, intake bottle and chip and gained 42 hp, but it cost me about as much as the blower would have and that boast a 100 hp gain........ the charger is next...

SVTdubs

Established Member
what shot of nitrous can a stock motor take? 100 or is that too much? I heard 80 is ok. Anyone know for sure?

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I havn't run mine yet, but most I see do 14.0-14.2 @ 101mph (traction limited) and put down 265-275 fwhp. This is with exhaust work. Some have tuned, done intake work, pulley and other misc. stuff and gotten close to 300fwhp.

Although nitrous would get more overall power and torque, the charger is always on. I think it's all about what you can afford. 5k get a turbo, 3k get the vortech, 1-2k get nitrous.

I'd do no more than 75-80 shot with the stock tranny. The motor should be ok with a bigger shot maybe 125.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I had/have nitrous. I'll post more later on, no time right now.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What are you looking for? Stricyly 1320? or more of a road course type car?

Its pretty simple. IMO straight line, N2O Road course SC.

The nitrous obviously is going to more than likely beat the SC in low end and get you ahead further (obviously also depending on the size shot you run). You engine also isn't always getting a pounding from the power adder.

And I don't feel like thinking anymore, but I'd say safely you can run 100 either wet or dry. And remember 100hp shot will/should give you more than 100ftlbs of torque too

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Originally posted by Bass
98 csvt, high flow y, high flow cat, aluminum pulleys, superchip, baer 14 brakes w/ chrome calipers, chrome giovanna corsica 18's, weiland police strobes, philips hids, k&n intake, 30 shot NOS fogger 238 HP at the wheels on the bottle 209 off. Dynoed last week after doing exhaust, intake bottle and chip and gained 42 hp, but it cost me about as much as the blower would have and that boast a 100 hp gain........ the charger is next...
Boy are you full of sh~t. :lol:

Can I see the plots of this 209FWHP run with 14" baer brakes and 18" chrome rims.

I would not buy 209 FWHP (hell wouldn't buy 180's from you) on much lighter stock parts much less the ungodly heavy sh~t you are running.

What a load of crap! :kaboom:

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Oh yeah I forgot to add...

Where did you get this 14" brake kit?
Did you have BAER custom make the kit for you since it does not exist for our car ANY other way!

Also BAER DOES NOT off chrome calipers or even chrome plated calipers of any kind.

Go peddle your BS somewhere else.

SVTdubs

Established Member
DemonSVT, I didn't want to call him out but thanks! Thats just too funny. Maybe he gained some power from his stickers he might have???

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Originally posted by DemonSVT
Boy are you full of sh~t. :lol:

Can I see the plots of this 209FWHP run with 14" baer brakes and 18" chrome rims.

I would not buy 209 FWHP (hell wouldn't buy 180's from you) on much lighter stock parts much less the ungodly heavy sh~t you are running.

What a load of crap! :kaboom:

Jealous? Just because he has 60lb apiece wheels, heavier rotors, less than half of the engine modifications that you have, and has not given any proof doesn't mean that he can't dyno 10 more n/a horsepower than you can it?:dw:

SVTdubs

Established Member
Bass, look in my sig 176hp, 160tq to the wheels with exhaust, intake and a superchip. Reality check... I ran a 15.1 with a person in my car with my subs still in the trunk (3 12"). So with your numbers, you should be high 9's right???

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
demon if you think you know so much about your ride one would think you would know where to buy parts for it.............. SHOSHOP ofers the brake kit and if you saved up you dunkin donuts paychex and threw in a little extra you could have them too... DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SPIT IGNORANCE. and for the record the car was dynoed with out the chrome.

SVTdubs

Established Member
demon if you think you know so much about your ride one would think you would know where to buy parts for it.............. SHOSHOP ofers the brake kit and if you saved up you dunkin donuts paychex and threw in a little extra you could have them too... DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SPIT IGNORANCE. and for the record the car was dynoed with out the chrome.

so the brake kit netted you 30 fwhp? You are so full of crap. You have the same mods as me and almost 40 hp and tq more.
Rrrright:rolleyes: :loser:

SVTdubs

Established Member
also, the blower is next... have fun running the blower and nitrous or NAWWSS at the same time if that is what you are planning on doing... can you say KABOOM?

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member

Demon has the most extensively modified n/a 2.5 svt and he dynoed at 197 I think. Don't quote me.
It's hard to believe that you are the first contour to dyno over 200fwh while staying n/a (and stock displacement), because of how little (relatively) you have done to the engine. Untill you post a dyno graph, I'm sure most will put up the bs flag.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
"POWER STAGE I PACKAGE

The Power Stage I Package adds 17 HP and 12 ft-lb. TQ to the wheels and saves as much as $115 vs. purchasing the parts separately. Expect power gains of 220hp on a 2.5L and 250hp on a 3.0L at the flywheel. This kit is designed for easy installation and includes the following components:

8mm Ford Racing Plug Wires
HiFlow Y-Pipe
6 Ford Motorcraft Double Platinum Spark Plugs
HiFlow Resonator
Cold Air Intake Kit
Underdrive Pulley Set"

This is a direct quote from shoshops website. I'm assuming this is even generous and it is only 183 fwhp with the same mods as you have minus the chip. You see the problem with your claim?

LogiWorld123

Established Member

Demon knows more than you ever will, so STFU.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
1. SHOSHOP ofers the brake kit and if you saved up you dunkin donuts paychex and threw in a little extra you could have them too...
2. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU SPIT IGNORANCE.
3. and for the record the car was dynoed with out the chrome.
1. Oh really! Pray tell where they offer it since their site only lists the WELL KNOWN 13" BAER track kit.
BAER makes another kit too. It makes a 12" sport kit as well.
Get your head out of your ass idiot. :rollseyes

2. I always do! :read: Hence why I constantly trash ignorant trolls like you all the time. :burn:

3. Magically it was now even though your first post says it wasn't :loser:
Also what chrome? The non-existant chrome calipers or the don't fit our bolt pattern chrome rims??? :loser:
Oh wait. Lemme guess you used heavy wheel spacers to get them to fit. Yet adding another 5 lbs to each wheel. :loser:

You alway were full of it, still are full of it, and look to remain full of it.

I strongly suggest you run away little troll... :chicken:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread