• Blower

Votes: 52 82.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
yes, yes it is. I don't think Dubs even has his CSVT anymore...

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
my csvt is together and has my listed mods on it. im waiting on a few things before i can go crazy on it, plus ive gota get the sled ready. there will be plenty of pics and vids up of all things fast this summer its early yet. sorry to get you guys all worked up /shrug

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Just to clear a few things up.

WOT is about 50-55 psi. Thats coming from Keyser who used to tune Contours for Street Flight.

Secondly, Marks car would put an absolute beating on you. Hes one of the best drivers ive ever seen. He lives literally within walking distance of me and I ride in his car all the time. Launching out of the hole on the bottle is just plain dumb. Mark is running Konis/Eibachs with pretty much the softest tires possible. Hes running Dunlops with a 60 treadwear. Just to put this into comparison the Nitto drag radials have 100 treadwear. Mark still manages to break the tires lose in 1st gear with 210 whp. Adding nitrous on top of that will just hurt your performance out of the hole. Even off of the bottle, your still going to have a hard time out launching him since he consistantly pulls 2.2 60' times.

And btw, why would you upgrade the stock unit with a MSD ignition system? :poke: The stock system has already proven its capable of 500 hp.

Last edited:

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
MSD is for the step retard with step off delay. launching on the bottle is only dangerous to the differential.....and i can make my car hook up with minimal spin. im not impressed with y2ksvt in the least but with the looks of your sig i dont wanna race you, lol.

Pudmunkies

Established Member
You really dont have any idea how good Mark is at launching do you. I dont think you can even fathom it!

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Mark has a small penis. Now that we can put that past us, you bring your buddy and Mark can bring a certain red 364whp 410ft/lbs Contour SE that will put the hurtin on a certain black CSVT in Illinois.

Steeltwo

Established Member
whenever clockwork messages me, i'm going to the rock for a video of his runs.

just fyi for anyone who might want to see it.

slicktsax

Established Member
um i may be wrong but didn't this thread start out as nitrous or supercharger? now i know there are still vortech kits available but are they the ones that still have the trouble with the jackshaft or something like that? i've only had my tour for a year so i'm still learning the ins and outs of the car. i would like to add power to my car. has anyone got the vortech kit running reliably? i would like to do a 3 liter conversion with the svt intake and cams. i want to set my car up for road course and auto x and my goal is to have around 300 hp to the wheels. anymore and it wouldnt be suited to road courses as i'd get too much wheels spin around corners. i would like a supercharger over a turbo as it's less plumbing and lag isnt a big issue. and i don know that the cintrifugal blowers still have a small "lag" but still not as much as a turbo. plus the engine's exhaust note is bad ass with no turbo. can anyone make some suggestions?

csvtjohnga

Established Member
well ive had it for....3 months and its not installed. ill let ya know how it goes plans are next year to have a Built 3L with my vortech and a 75ish shot of N20

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Having an L and having just recently put a KB on my Wrangler, I would have to vote for a blower or turbo setup.

I just don't know enough about nitrous to use it safely. Not worried about my safety, but my engine's.

22SVT22

Established Member
from my experience at the track im not so sure that Gt's run that much faster then you think they do. Granted it could be because they're all retarded. I went up there on an open racing saturday and got 4 passes in. I don't know tons about my car but it does have a cold air and a kat. (only went with my buddies cause 2 of them have gt's and 1 took his dads cobra). Also which is ridiculous because like i already said i don't know crap, and i do have a set of yokohama's as well. The Lowest run i hit 14.4, highest at 15.1. 2 Gt buddies were in the mid to low 14's all day. And the cobra was in the low 13's high 12's. Don't know too much what was done to there cars. But here's some numbers from my neck of the woods

Last edited:

Allstyle12

Established Member
22SVT22 said:
from my experience at the track im not so sure that Gt's run that much faster then you think they do. Granted it could be because they're all retarded. I went up there on an open racing saturday and got 4 passes in. I don't know tons about my car but it does have a cold air and a kat. (only went with my buddies cause 2 of them have gt's and 1 took his dads cobra). Also which is ridiculous because like i already said i don't know crap, and i do have a set of yokohama's as well. The Lowest run i hit 14.4, highest at 15.1. 2 Gt buddies were in the mid to low 14's all day. And the cobra was in the low 13's high 12's. Don't know too much what was done to there cars. But here's some numbers from my neck of the woods

Did you run 14.4 in your Contour? That's pretty impressive since you indicate you only have a cold air intake and a...kat. What is a kat? Is this some sort of new high flow catalytic converter? :shrug:

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
14.4 with a intake and a "KAT" was the track going downhill, cause with only those mods thats impossible!!!!!!!! You will have to proove that for ANYONE here to belive that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread