nitrous help

2004silvercobra

Established Member
The nitrous is not gonna cause your pumps to blow a fuse and would only take fuel from your motor and cause it to run lean if anything which I'm sure is not happening.. I run a stage 5 with 100shot on stock pumps,injection and bap with no problems and also did the same with a KB 2.2... Some how you have something wired wrong and would like to know where you hooked up your power source for you nitrous? Did you do any other mods at the same time like the bap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The nitrous is not gonna cause your pumps to blow a fuse and would only take fuel from your motor and cause it to run lean if anything which I'm sure is not happening.. I run a stage 5 with 100shot on stock pumps,injection and bap with no problems and also did the same with a KB 2.2... Some how you have something wired wrong and would like to know where you hooked up your power source for you nitrous? Did you do any other mods at the same time like the bap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
the fuse could blow if he's got a 20A in there..

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Whatever you do at least put that thing on a dyno and watch the afr...I can almost guarantee you will see a scary lean spike when the nitrous first comes on.

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ that's like that with just about every nitrous car unless you get a dyno tune to richen it up around where the nitrous comes in at, no matter what pumps are in it i bet there's always going to be a lean spike unless it's tuned for it. or, get a longer nitrous solenoid to nozzle line then the fuel line or get a hsw microedge and have it activate the fuel solenoid first. i've done both of the latter with good results, never did have a custom tune made just for the nitrous lean spikes.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Me personally...I just don't like the car hardcore leaning out no matter how brief...my car only has 24k on it I would like to see the stock block make a 100k

I'm using an nx safe a cheaper safety measure 702 taught me would be to put a Y block before the fuel line hits the rail and pull the wet kit fuel from there which should keep the lean spike from happening. However that still won't change the fact you don't have enough fuel pump. If you decide you really love the spray you can keep your current fuel setup as is and add a NX SAFE which will eliminate any stress on the engines fuel supply since it has its own pump and tank.

T800

Established Member
Wow...my car must have hero fuel pumps. I am @87% on stock fuel system with a 40a BAP, 2.76 and JLT rai...125 shot all day long.

My n20 line is twice as long as my fuel from the solenoid to the plate. My next mod will be the J&S Vampire, it will eliminate any "lean spikes" that some people are so afraid of when the nitrous hits. Look into it...

I am pretty sure Jimmy nailed it with the fuse issue.

Good luck OP, opinions on nitrous(and it's application) are many.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Wow...my car must have hero fuel pumps. I am @87% on stock fuel system with a 40a BAP, 2.76 and JLT rai...125 shot all day long.

My n20 line is twice as long as my fuel from the solenoid to the plate. My next mod will be the J&S Vampire, it will eliminate any "lean spikes" that some people are so afraid of when the nitrous hits. Look into it...

I am pretty sure Jimmy nailed it with the fuse issue.

Good luck OP, opinions on nitrous(and it's application) are many.

Congrats to you...I will check into this vampire you speak of...and yes all this advice is worth the price that was paid for it ;-)

MalcolmV8

Established Member
My next mod will be the J&S Vampire, it will eliminate any "lean spikes" that some people are so afraid of when the nitrous hits. Look into it...

I'm thinking you are confused about what the Vampire does. Yes I run one with my spray and it does absolutely nothing for fuel. Affects timing only.

T800

Established Member
I'm thinking you are confused about what the Vampire does. Yes I run one with my spray and it does absolutely nothing for fuel. Affects timing only.

You are correct my friend. Got so caught up in the fuel discussion I mispoke. The Vampire will pull timing for the nitrous though due to any lean condition that may cause detonation...no need for flip chip or gimped tune for the spray. I believe you are the one who mentioned this to me in another thread.

Last edited:

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
sorry i havent been responding, they have me working down south of texas and in midland. just got home tonight. ill check my lines on my day off. thanks guys i really appreciate everything.

Users who are viewing this thread