nitrous help

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
i recently installed a wet nitrous kit on my 03, i sprayed the car with a 100 shot of venom and after a couple sec, my car died, the boost-a-pump fuse blew, so i replaced it with a a 25a fuse, and sprayed again this time the fuel pump fuse went out. does any one have a clue on whats going on? could i be maxing out my pumps?
:shrug:
mods: jlt cai, sct x3, bap, small port on the sc with a 2.76 pulley. 2 chamber flows,no cats, and a 2 1/2 xpipe. i have the stock 39lbs injectors. dynoed at 440hp.
car mileage 150k!!!

T800

Established Member
You should have plenty of fuel...it seems to be a voltage issue. 2004silvercobra has a good suggestion.

Check your wiring and make sure you are grounded correctly. Also make sure your alternator is up to snuff.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
You definitely don't have enough fuel and if you keep doing what your doing your going to blow the motor. With stock pumps and injectors and a bap on just a 75 shot I hit almost 100% duty cycle on the pumps and had a nasty lean spike at the initial hit. Do not spray more then a 50 without at least upgrading your pumps.

Ddawg18

Established Member
You definitely don't have enough fuel and if you keep doing what your doing your going to blow the motor. With stock pumps and injectors and a bap on just a 75 shot I hit almost 100% duty cycle on the pumps and had a nasty lean spike at the initial hit. Do not spray more then a 50 without at least upgrading your pumps.

Not to ruin his thread but this interests me. I have the same set up without the nitrous, so if he (or I) were to have upgraded pumps...60lb injectors and the proper tune, the NOS would not be a problem with the mileage? He has 150k thats a lot on the stock internals. I have 90k and was hesitant to do this.

:beer:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member

Yea I only did it those two times, I'll go with a 75 shot see what happens

346CamaroSS

Established Member

Bullshit. What do you think a BAP does? If anything maybe upgrade the injectors... Does OP even have a nitrous tune?

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
A bap works great with good pumps like the gt40 but the cobra pumps even with a bap and good wiring do not flow enough to handle a the amount of fuel a wet kit takes this is way more taxing then a 550rwhp 2.2 or 2.3 twin screw blower...even if the HP difference isn't that great. I'm not some noob speaking out of my ass but from real world experience..this wasn't my friends cousins car, a YouTube video, or some shit I heard at the cars and coffee meet. But by all means you ppl that believe what kb publishes about their bap tell me I'm wrong and let this guy grenade his engine.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Not to ruin his thread but this interests me. I have the same set up without the nitrous, so if he (or I) were to have upgraded pumps...60lb injectors and the proper tune, the NOS would not be a problem with the mileage? He has 150k thats a lot on the stock internals. I have 90k and was hesitant to do this.

:beer:

You would be golden with that setup...I would however recommend a compression test first just to make sure the engine is still healthy..also you might want a 1 degree colder spark plug...one other commonly overlooked side effect of spray is decreased oil life...but for the money when done properly there is no better horsepower per dollar mod.

Ddawg18

Established Member
You would be golden with that setup...I would however recommend a compression test first just to make sure the engine is still healthy..also you might want a 1 degree colder spark plug...one other commonly overlooked side effect of spray is decreased oil life...but for the money when done properly there is no better horsepower per dollar mod.

I definitely appreciate the input. Rather than spend $4k on a twin screw, we can spend less than $700 for 100+ shot of NOS :D

Thanks again :beer:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I have an NX wet kit and am having my tuner install a SAFE system...i will post up some numbers and results around SEPT 10th when its ready....give you an idea of what it can/cant do.

mistergee

NEW SVT 0WNER
Established Member
A bap works great with good pumps like the gt40 but the cobra pumps even with a bap and good wiring do not flow enough to handle a the amount of fuel a wet kit takes this is way more taxing then a 550rwhp 2.2 or 2.3 twin screw blower...even if the HP difference isn't that great. I'm not some noob speaking out of my ass but from real world experience..this wasn't my friends cousins car, a YouTube video, or some shit I heard at the cars and coffee meet. But by all means you ppl that believe what kb publishes about their bap tell me I'm wrong and let this guy grenade his engine.

Any help is good plz help

Users who are viewing this thread