Nissan GT-R owners ...are you happy with your purchase?

makevelie187

Established Member
i haven't driven a GTR but i have ridden in one and if i had the money that would be my car hands down. AWD+DCT is such a perfect combo. I just sold my 350z and i can tell you i tracked that car so many times and beat it as a daily driver, through the 30k miles i had it never 1 problem, and the interior was just as nice as my moms 335i. That being said i can't imagine how well the GTR is made if my 350z was built that well. What i absolutely love about the GTR and its AWD is slap some pilot sports or any tires on and use them for anything. I'm so tired of switching rims when i go to the drags, then putting my street shoes back on, then swapping again it gets tiring expensive, and i have 3 sets of rims in my garage lol.

I don't think you will ever look back if you get a GTR, i will never sell my z06 because its an animal of its own but the GTR is in a different league, damn near on its own.

krman68

Established Member
My brother in law just picked up a slightly used GTR Very curious to see how it compares. What are the HP and torque #s on them? Gonna drag him to Watkins Glen next spring to test his driving ability against my GT500 and my other brother in law's Boss

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
My brother in law just picked up a slightly used GTR Very curious to see how it compares. What are the HP and torque #s on them? Gonna drag him to Watkins Glen next spring to test the computer'sdriving ability against my GT500 and my other brother in law's Boss

Fixed

The computer drives pretty well.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I will let you know in about a week what my impressions are. Car was picked up today for shipping to me.

I think it will be a little bit of shock at first going from 700hp to 400-500. It's all about what your looking for. I wanted a car I could just jump in and drive. Yet if I wanted to race slap it into manual mode and have some fun.

Dude you better give me a ride. Congrats on the purchase.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I think that's true with a lot of people with cars at any price range. That's probably why so many people drive around with only liability or less and fail to do the simplest of maintenance in their daily drivers.

That said, a routine maintenance equal to a 1/5 the purchase price would seem ridiculous to me especially if it was to occur before 100k miles.

Posted via Topify using Android

I will buy cars occasionally used. Sometimes it's nice to let someone else take the initial hit. I typically won't buy a car that I couldn't afford to buy brand new if I wanted to. That's a good sign you won't be able to keep the car long term.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Dude you better give me a ride. Congrats on the purchase.

No problem man. Hit me up when you want to go for a ride. Dealer says comes in today. :banana: sucks tho because I'm leaving on a flight at 6am to Seattle for a wedding, :bash: won't get to see her or pick her up till next Monday.

If you get bored and want to check it out should be in showroom at Rainbow Imports in Covington.

Users who are viewing this thread