Niche Line Engine Builders

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Engines seem pretty safe up to about 750 then you probably would want to think about a different set of rods. Pistons would probably go a little farther than that.

That's 750 at the wheels, right?

Cam cover bar code label numbers are printed like this.
E1900 123456 12345638

E1900 is department ship/build code for Niche Line
The next 6 digits are the build date day/month/year
The next six digits are the sequence number plus 2 digit engine code

2 digit engine codes are 38 for non track pack and 62 is for track pack.

Sweet! My date is:
November 20th, 2012 with sequence number 97000038

DSCF3903_zps14305bf7.gif

Looks like my builders are Mark Schuman and John Divo. :thumbsup:

Tell me they wern't drunk on Nov 20th celebrating T-giving early. :lol:

DSCF3893_zps939074c4.gif

Thanks for all the hard work!!! :beer: :beer:

IMG_zps4995392b.jpg

Just a few pics so you builders can see where all your efforts ended up. Thank you for such an amazing product!

DSCF3811_zps32ceb28a.jpg

DSC_2824_zpsbff85798.jpg

DSC_2961aaa_zps0e734ea0.jpg

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Cary, first I want to say thank you for giving us a tour a couple weeks ago, which was not only extremely informative, but one of the coolest things Ive had the honor to do! Getting to see the engine engine come to life at the end of the line was SO awesome! Thank you for giving me a little background on Gary and Jeff, who I believe if I heard right are the current record holders for longest Niche Line build team. They have been together since 2003 if memory serves. ( which it might not ) lol

Gary and Jeff built my engine, and not only did I get to meet them, but they had a full size Niche Line Builders Poster with a blank engine plaque, and they signed my poster as well. So now I can be reminded every time I get in the car without popping the hood that REAL people, who "put their name behind the work" were responsible for what I think is the best American car ever assembled! It sits on my garage wall over my car!

On a side note- I have met many famous people in my life, and its never been a big deal to me, but when I met Gary and Jeff, it made me so excited my safety glasses wouldn't stop fogging up. It was embarrassing, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thank you all Niche line! Whatever name is on the build, its perfect!

Last edited:

5.0 guy

Established Member
Cary, first I want to say thank you for giving us a tour a couple weeks ago, which was not only extremely informative, but one of the coolest things Ive had the honor to do! Getting to see the engine engine come to life at the end of the line was SO awesome! Thank you for giving me a little background on Gary and Jeff, who I believe if I heard right are the current record holders for longest Niche Line build team. They have been together since 2003 if memory serves. ( which it might not ) lol

Gary and Jeff built my engine, and not only did I get to meet them, but they had a full size Niche Line Builders Poster with a blank engine plaque, and they signed my poster as well. So now I can be reminded every time I get in the car without popping the hood that REAL people, who "put their name behind the work" were responsible for what I think is the best American car ever assembled! It sits on my garage wall over my car!

On a side note- I have met many famous people in my life, and its never been a big deal to me, but when I met Gary and Jeff, it made me so excited my safety glasses wouldn't stop fogging up. It was embarrassing, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thank you all Niche line! Whatever name is on the build, its perfect!
That's awesome!

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member
GT500BUILTBYNAMEPLATE_zps02a542ae.jpg

I take the GT500 to a lot of shows and cruises, where I explain the engine. I always tell people how proud I am to drive a monster with a heart that's hand-built by a Team of American Artists.

Please let Ann & Keith know how much I appreciate their dedication to quality. I hope they enjoy this video of my Dyno run and the sound of their creation as it spins the drums, making 604HP / 630TQ. Ann & Keith build a very strong engine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xfl-QiSQ0I

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Kaizman

Established Member
One of the highlights of the Dearborn trip was being able to tour the niche facility. Cary was a terrific host and was very informative. It's great when a team leader still has the passion to be a "engine guy". The only bummer for me was that I didn't verify my engine tag before we left and missed out on having my builders sign something when I was there.
I special thanks to "Phil Pregano and Dave DeClark" for doing a great job on my little beast.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
To HPCARY: Please give my best regard to Phil Pregano and Dave DeClark we now have 14735 miles on a DIB/Colorado Red Stripe car and still loving it! Good job! We took 3 weeks off went about 2k miles and so far the only motor related is we now have a little leak(seepage is a better term) at the front of the left head from the sensor.

supraman1990

Established Member
319.jpg

Figured I'd throw the tag off my terminator in here. Either of these guys still around or any fun info about them? They have served my car well for 66K miles and counting now at least the last 15 of which has been at above stock power levels under my ownership.

rubyredsnake14

Established Member
Welcome Chad,
It's nice to see one of the builders of my engine on the forum.
Pass on a big Thank You to Carrie Booth from me.

SignedEngineTagSml_zpsb30236cb.gif

Wow Snoop, did you take that photo of mine? :)

Chad and Carrie put mine together as well.. Very awesome to see the team on our forums.. :rockon:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
The only terminator guys still around are the guys that built mine. They are the longest running builders there, and I think Jeff told me they have been there since '03. So that would mean none of the others are still there if that is indeed the case.

hpcary

Established Member
319.jpg

Figured I'd throw the tag off my terminator in here. Either of these guys still around or any fun info about them? They have served my car well for 66K miles and counting now at least the last 15 of which has been at above stock power levels under my ownership.
John Hanser works in 6.2L machining now and Dale Berry is retired. Dale actually just bought my 64 Galaxie from me. Great guy! Fun to hang out with!!

WEIRGONE

Established Member
My engine is the only one I have seen who has Cary Kramp (Team Leader) as one of the builders. I wonder if someone was sick that day and he had to fill in.

599732_769354021542_177701886_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread