kenny0529

Established Member
Hey guys. I have been on this forum for a while just mostly reading and trying to educate myself on these cars. Always had GM's so they are a little different to me. I am seriously considering buying a 03/04 cobra and i would really like if you guys could give me the extra push i need to get one. I'm just looking for feedback from the guys who have had theirs for a while and what i should look for when buying one.... Thanks. Highly appreciated

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
like he said...Terminator faqs is a great start, covers everything. If not just skip through these pages, this thread comes up about once a week on average. Plenty of info on the faqs though... good luck!

Jroc

Established Member
I guess you should look at it like you would when buying any other car. Get a Carfax and make sure it rides good. A compression, and leakdown test is highly recommended as these are boosted cars that people like to greatly up the performance on. If you find a car thats been modded, tuned, and treated the right way I wouldn't let its mods shy you away from it, but just be sure.

Terminators are extremely fun, enjoyable, and rewarding performance street cars.

Good luck,

Jesse

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Bought mine new, first car I have ever had that I didn't want to ditch after a few years, would only get rid of it now for a modded C6 Z06 :-D

kenny0529

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. I have went through a few cars over the last 5-6 years and am looking for something i can toy with. Something that has a lot of after-market for. I currently own a 07 cts-v garage queen. lol. Looking for something to put next to it. I was thinking about supercharging that but to me it just doesn't fit that car well enough. And realistically it would prob only get me into mid to low 12's. just doesn't seem like its worth it. And i have loved the cobra's since they came out. I feel the fun factor would be there with the cobra.

kenny0529

Established Member
What i really need to do is drive one but the weather and roads are so crappy up here. I may just go look at a few at a couple dealerships but in time will buy one from a private seller. Seems like the way to go and i would wanna talk to the guy who has been driving it and see what he is like. Don't wanna get some punk kids abused car.

zinc

Established Member
what are you looking to spend and are you wanting something closer to stock or highly modified? This is my dream car by the way and I am coming up on my year anniversary owning mine and have loved every second

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kenny, you can't be talked into buying a Terminator. You have to drive one....and then you're hooked. That's what happened to me back in late 2002 when I was looking for a car. I liked the Cobra but didn't love it. That is, until I test drove one at a local dealer. I was hooked. I no longer have my Cobra but in all the years I've owned cars (many of them), that '03 Cobra was by far the best car I ever owned. It was solid. Didn't give me an ounce of trouble. And was a brute monster. Loved it! Only sold it because I had to for financial reasons. :(

Best of luck with your quest. If you're serious about getting one, take your time and decide what year, color, mods, mileage, price, etc. Someone already pointed you to my website FAQs for Terminator info, but here is a specific link to info helpful when buying a used Terminator. Tips When Buying A Used '03-'04 Cobra

kenny0529

Established Member
def would be looking for a clean car more than anything. I am looking for one that has been taken care of. I'm really anal with my cars and am looking for someone who shares the same qualities. I really do need to drive one or atleast ride in one. I used to talk to a guy from worcester mass who had one on the ls2gto forum and unfortunately i have lost touch with him. thanks again for all the input guys. Just what i was asking for.

kenny0529

Established Member
I'm not really looking for a specific car. It can be modified. I want the irs though and no major motor work. I would also take a nice clean bone stock car. Ported eatons, pullied, kb, whipple, are all a plus. No sprayed cars. Under 50k miles would be ideal. I have no problem with any of the colors. Really like the dark red tough. I'm also a sucker for nice black paint. White too. lol. Like i said, any color.
Also i have no bias toward 03/04 so either year. I always thought they were pretty much the same car anyways.

zinc

Established Member
Sounds like you should find a local car test drive it and if its not clean enough go to the market section and find another. You wont be disappointed in this car

Users who are viewing this thread