New Truck for Me

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Great looking truck! We have start/stop in our XC90 and I’m really dissatisfied with how hard it engages at times. It’s a tough lurch. That said it’s not enough I bother to turn it off.
That’s what I thought I’d feel honestly. This is literally seem less. I really didn’t think this was working. You can’t even hear the starter engagement and can’t feel a thing.

xchamp

Established Member
Congrats on the truck! I prefer the camel interior over the black! My 11' SD had black leather, my current 16 SD has camel leather interior. The camel and brown work well together and much cooler than the black.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s what I thought I’d feel honestly. This is literally seem less. I really didn’t think this was working. You can’t even hear the starter engagement and can’t feel a thing.

The biggest complaint a friend had was when it’s super hot outside and you’re stuck in traffic or long lights the ac doesn’t seem to keep up...then again you seem to like it warm

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The biggest complaint a friend had was when it’s super hot outside and you’re stuck in traffic or long lights the ac doesn’t seem to keep up...then again you seem to like it warm
Dick, we live here. It does not do that. Shit is cold as hell inside. Dual climate control too. Buy one. Never had that issue yet. Cooling seats are awesome.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Dick, we live here. It does not do that. Shit is cold as hell inside. Dual climate control too. Buy one. Never had that issue yet. Cooling seats are awesome.

I love my cooled seats, use them way more than I ever thought I would.

I’m still waiting on a few things to level out at work before I pull the trigger, that and depending on the 2019 price increase I might just buy a damned raptor

Coiled03

Established Member
This thing is unreal, but I’m coming out of a 04 Lariat. Just a few pictures for now. 18 Lariat, 2.7. I’ll get better pictures later. It’s so quite and smooth it’s stupid. I was up till 11 last night reading and playing. What has amazed me most, the auto start/stop. You can’t feel it or even know it’s working. There’s a button to disable it, but haven’t used it. Cooling seats are awesome. Not sure how I feel about the DRL’s. I’ll probably do the Forscan deal when I get some time.
Overall in 55 miles, home run.
View attachment 1506064
View attachment 1506065
View attachment 1506066
It just started this today.
View attachment 1506067

Sent from somewhere

Hell yeah, Brad. That looks great. I thought you went with the XLT. Guess not lol.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I love my cooled seats, use them way more than I ever thought I would.

I’m still waiting on a few things to level out at work before I pull the trigger, that and depending on the 2019 price increase I might just buy a damned raptor
This thing is unreal, but I’m coming out of a 04 like I’ve said. It’ll freeze you out.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Awesome truck Brad. Looks great. Best of luck. I am hoping to have one myself soon. Lol.....the wife is always pissed when I buy vehicles and I have owned 58 of them......that is a lot of pissed....lol.

Coiled03

Established Member
All of us at work did the leveling kits on our 15-17 F150s. Only cost like $180 bucks and no alignment needed.

Really changes how the truck looks.

Link? I've never installed one. How hard is it?

Coiled03

Established Member
Nah, needed a Lariat again Greg. Thanks
Great truck so far. How’s yours?

Fn love mine. My experience mirrors yours on all fronts, sounds like. AC will make the interior like a meat locker. Start/stop is seamless. Mileage is better than I've ever seen in a truck.

Only downside.....I royally messed up the math on my lease mileage. Pretty sad considering I'm an engineer, and do math daily, lol. But, I got a killer deal, and have a decent shot to buy it out at the end of the lease. Plus, I've already set aside the money for what I think is the worst case mileage penalty, about $3400.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Fn love mine. My experience mirrors yours on all fronts, sounds like. AC will make the interior like a meat locker. Start/stop is seamless. Mileage is better than I've ever seen in a truck.

Only downside.....I royally messed up the math on my lease mileage. Pretty sad considering I'm an engineer, and do math daily, lol. But, I got a killer deal, and have a decent shot to buy it out at the end of the lease. Plus, I've already set aside the money for what I think is the worst case mileage penalty, about $3400.
Honestly Greg, I like the mirrors on my 04 better. They were wider. These are taller. I’ll get used to it . The blind spot thing is kinda nice too. Overall, it blows my old truck away in how tight it is. The wipers alone, they are smooth as hell. Been a big bitch from me from Ford. Got the wipers, feels like it’s sways the vehicle. These, nope, smooth as hell.

M91196

Established Member
Link? I've never installed one. How hard is it?

Ill jump in-
I did the Bilstein shocks to level mine, it’s not a “simple” job, requires compressing the springs and breaking down the “shock/strut” after tearing it out.

The spacers go on top of the strut and don’t require the breakdown of the shock, so it’s a bit easier and no spring compressor needed.
Massive amounts of threads and videos extolling the virtues of both...

Users who are viewing this thread