New Toy Thread

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
As a child of the 80's there was 3 posters that always hung on my bedroom walls. Girls in thongs bent over cars, the Countach, and a 911 Turbo. Well I've had my fair share of girls in thongs, the Countach is still a distant dream but the 911 Turbo has become a reality, a Turbo S in fact.

I bought this 2012 CPO Turbo S with 9700 miles over a month ago. The wife insisted I take her to pick it up despite the fact she had two business trips planned. The wait was brutal. I tried on numerous occasions to convince her I should pick it up while she was away to get it before WW3 kicks off, to save her vacation time, because I really wanted it, etc.

But I waited, and we flew into Houston last week 1st class and picked it up.

My TurboS Day before (1).jpg

My TurboS Day before (3).jpg

My TurboS Day before (4).jpg

My TurboS Day before (5).jpg

The trip back has been fun. We really loved Texas. We ate at the Taste of Texas in Houston which was great. Everyone was decent and friendly, I definitely want to go back and see some more.

Louisiana, I hated. It was nothing but swamps, traffic, cops, & road construction.

We stayed in Biloxi the 2nd night and had a good time. I liked Mississippi, ate at my first Waffle House there.

We stayed on 98 into Alabama and followed the coast. I loved AL last year when I went through the north and now having gone through the southern part I love it even more. Dear Alabaman's, I promise not to tell any Yankees how nice it is down there.

We followed the coast into Florida. I used to think when people from Florida said "We're full" they were kidding but no, Florida really is too full. Too many old people crashing into shit, too many ghetto people, and way too over built. Also the people there just seem to be miserable.
It wasn't until we got past Panama City that it became decent.
My Turbo S Day 3 (15).jpg

From Florida we rolled East staying on Rt. 98 to Rt.59 North into GA through Rt 84 & 82 into Jekyll Island which is a gem of a place.
My Turbo S Day 3 (9).jpg

From Jekyll Island we took Rt.17 North all the way to Myrtle Beach. Where we're chilling for a few days.
From here were going to plot a course to VA to spend the night and take Skyline drive home.

So far the car is awesome. The ride is a lot better than I thought it would be. The power is ridiculous, it'll spin all 4 wheels. I've gotten lots of waves and thumbs up, and at least 20 Challengers have either revved at me or done flyby's which I don't mind because those Hemi's do sound good.

Just thought I'd share a dream realized with you all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome Turbo S. And one heck of a nice drive/trip home. So did your wife have to postpone or cancel her two business trips? Glad you had a fun and enjoyable trip. How much time total was allowed for the return trip? Sounds like almost a 2 weeks.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Awesome Turbo S. And one heck of a nice drive/trip home. So did your wife have to postpone or cancel her two business trips? Glad you had a fun and enjoyable trip. How much time total was allowed for the return trip? Sounds like almost a 2 weeks.

Thanks Bob. The wife did not reschedule her trips, so the car sat there the whole month paid for as I painfully waited.
We factored 7-8 days to return from Houston to PA via the coast. So far the ride has been pleasant as long as we stay off the interstates.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Love it. More pics of the trip please! Road trips are always fun.

I was hesitant about driving it back but it's always been a dream of mine to buy a car and drive it back.
I'm plotting my course now which should take me through the mountains of NC and VA through some of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive so hopefully I'll have some more good pics to share.

Users who are viewing this thread