New tow rig. I've cheated on Ford.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
As much as I bleed ford blue with 7 ford vehicles in the yard, I jumped ship on a new truck. I work at a GMC store now, and of course the attractive pricing definitely helped, but the constant ribbing to rep what I sell took over some.

Meet the all new 2020 AT4HD. This one is a full tilt job, at a whisker over 80k MSRP. Went with the duramax and the all new allison 10spd in it. Over all, with just under 1k miles, I'm pretty happy with it. It needs more lift, but looks good on the 35x12.5 Toyo open country AT2s.

Took it to Mt Washington in NH from where I live in central Maine. Averaged 20.5 down, 16ish in the mountains and the road to the top, and ended back home with a little over 18 average for the trip. I dont have a light foot fyi.

I'm sure in not the only one with split loyalties here. Who's running what for off brand tow/work rigs?

69d48705c318832bc216235c4a1254a4.jpg
81712ff85430f8db08c601d11378c1f3.jpg
e1e317fde7123617d00f090af91024f8.jpg
c1d705c5793e648487465ea7c15b8589.jpg
8798dfd61927b3407bc8a72f5a5e3bf5.jpg
51637ca061bbadbeb6e14c4933a716ed.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Looks are subjective and while I may not like the GMC/Chevy's I must say that's a damn nice truck. How do you like the 10spd Allison?

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
The only thing I’d do is perhaps a little more tire, change up the wheels, but that’s it. By more tire I mean just that, not the big wheel rubber band tire ****** bullshit.
Seconded, could just be the pics but I don't think that wheel/tire combo fits. Looks like the truck skips leg day

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Actually it looks like they took a page out of Dodge's book with mirrors that fold out.

OP, do those things flop out?

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Exactly, just need slightly different offset and bigger tire to fill those wheel wells up a little more.
The width of the wheel wells tells me he can't fit much bigger tires in there. Maybe it's just the shape or the fact that they're accented with that lip, but the wheel/tire/gap/wheel well combo is not helping the look/stance of the truck

OP, not hating, just my humble opinion. Congrats on the new truck

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
The width of the wheel wells tells me he can't fit much bigger tires in there. Maybe it's just the shape or the fact that they're accented with that lip, but the wheel/tire/gap/wheel well combo is not helping the look/stance of the truck

Might be the square wheel wells vs the round.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

That’s why the good lord made sawzalls :D

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That’s my biggest hang up on GM trucks, those square ass wheel wells. Though they really don’t do it too much on the new half tons, but big 2500/3500s it’s still pretty pronounced.
Yep, never been a fan Dave. Buddy just got a used loaded 17 with like 11K on it, nice truck honestly.

Silver Talon

Established Member
Looks are subjective and while I may not like the GMC/Chevy's I must say that's a damn nice truck. How do you like the 10spd Allison?
Its awesome! Precise shifting, and does a great job at predicting what you want, before you need it. Doesn't just race to low gear like the old 6spd did either. Havent towed with it yet, but I'm expecting similar results.

Silver Talon

Established Member
The only thing I’d do is perhaps a little more tire, change up the wheels, but that’s it. By more tire I mean just that, not the big wheel rubber band tire ****** bullshit.
I went basically the biggest I could without jacking the keys, or doing a lift. The front well is pretty tight on extra space. These are 35x12.5 20s. With different keys and a 2 inch block in the back, 37s will clear. I need to plow in the winter, so this is about all I dare do for the moment, cause with the plow on, she will obviously sit lower in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread