New "Torque Booster" Package for Paxton / Vortech coyote cars

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
about 11.5, but imo that is too much for a stock car, at least that we would ever install

Let me ask you this beef....that next spring up installed on the base 3.33 pulley would most likely stretch out the power band a bit right, would you say maybe to 6800-7000rpm?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Great offering here! Like others have said, this concept isn't necessarily new but offering it as a bolt on kit sure is!

Curious though, so how does both power and peak torque go up from this? Obviously torque would come on earlier, but I guess if you cap it at the same peak boost it seems like you would have the same peak torque, just a quicker ramp up?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Great offering here! Like others have said, this concept isn't necessarily new but offering it as a bolt on kit sure is!

Curious though, so how does both power and peak torque go up from this? Obviously torque would come on earlier, but I guess if you cap it at the same peak boost it seems like you would have the same peak torque, just a quicker ramp up?

the smaller increases load on the car, that's why it makes more power / torque

mhyjek

Established Member

Not necessarily because just like a TVS seeing boost earlier especially in towards peak TQ of the engine will make more TQ like TVS do. With beefs setup he hits peek boost of his dyno charts 5900-6000 vs before at 7100 so at 4400 rpm natural peak TQ curve it is also seeing 6-7lbs vs 4lbs without pulley. HP should stay they same or little less in beefs setup do to 9.7 vs 9.8 lbs of boost plus the charge air will be hotter since the blower is really making 15lbs and bleeding the rest of via wastegate.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
the smaller increases load on the car, that's why it makes more power / torque
Good point. Still wrapping my head around the more power part, but makes sense why torque is not only earlier but higher.

Not necessarily because just like a TVS seeing boost earlier especially in towards peak TQ of the engine will make more TQ like TVS do. With beefs setup he hits peek boost of his dyno charts 5900-6000 vs before at 7100 so at 4400 rpm natural peak TQ curve it is also seeing 6-7lbs vs 4lbs without pulley. HP should stay they same or little less in beefs setup do to 9.7 vs 9.8 lbs of boost plus the charge air will be hotter since the blower is really making 15lbs and bleeding the rest of via wastegate.
Yeah I get that for the most part, I just would have expected power to remain more or less the same..but it makes sense if torque increases that that multiplies out to an increased hp number.

kingnut

Established Member

so this wastegated setup with create more higher IAT's?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member

the air wont be any hotter because the blower is only compressing the air to around 9.8psi. air does not heat up if its not compressed. so the iat should be the same as with a pulley that will give you 9.8psi at redline. ofcourse in the mid range the iat will be a little higher because boost is up when compared to a regular pullied setup but peak iat will be the same.

low end torque goes up because boost will be alot higher in the mid range where this motors are making peak torque.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Good point. Still wrapping my head around the more power part, but makes sense why torque is not only earlier but higher.

Yeah I get that for the most part, I just would have expected power to remain more or less the same..but it makes sense if torque increases that that multiplies out to an increased hp number.

I know what you're saying and I am wondering the same thing. If you're not running a higher peak boost, how are you getting higher peak HP #'s. I can understand higher average HP #'s, or a LOT more area under the curve, but how does it increase your peak HP w/o either more boost at max HP or more timing?

EDIT: Sorry, I took the time to actually look at the graphs. I see that it is because it shifted the peak HP to earlier in the graph. It's not peaking at the same time, so that changes things. :)

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I always wondered why supercharged cars dont have gates on the charge pipe too. I thought I was just missing something, lol

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Now if you just don't care about beating on your turbo, you can run a gate on your intercooler pipe and run the turbo at full spool so when you close the gate with C02, the thing hits full boost IMMEDIATELY.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
on the centri cars, peak hp is typically where you let off, for example, if you ran the car to 8000 rpms, it would keep making power all the way to 8000.

with this setup, your not having to wait to 8000

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Why isn't the boost curve that much different? It's a little higher but it still has the same shape, a slow ramp. Would a much smaller pulley make it more "PD"ish? Like a real small pulley with a 9# wastegate spring? Or would that create too much parasitic loss or heat?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Why isn't the boost curve that much different? It's a little higher but it still has the same shape, a slow ramp. Would a much smaller pulley make it more "PD"ish? Like a real small pulley with a 9# wastegate spring? Or would that create too much parasitic loss or heat?

we'll be playing with that, but for these cars, on a stock engine, that is a very nice torque hp number, and it's not something i'd recommend going over.

we are not trying to blow the engine up

hell, you could throw a 2.75 on it and let it eat, but again, it would be way too much load for the car.

i'll send you whatever you want..

Deranged2013

Established Member
Well, I was dead set on buying a TVS next spring but not so much now. This upgrade made me start studying a Paxton setup again. Decisions decisions. Good looking dyno and the torque is very impressive.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
HP=(TQxRPM)/5252

Higher TQ #'s at different rpm's will shift where peak HP ends up being.

Users who are viewing this thread