New record blower only cobra!!

Scottyk

Established Member
As many of you know JRS BLOWN SNAKE sold his record setting cobra, someone local to me bought it and had it out at the track today and Im not sure if it is a new record or not but he just told me it ran a 8.61 on blower only with a twin screw and he still has a hit a nitrous to throw on it!! His name here is ALLGO, just wanted to congratulate him on a great pass :rockon: This is a SRA/auto car with a twin screw on it. Very impressive!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow! That didn't take long......I new he had sold it to someone in Iowa. Glad he's hitting the track with it. Awesome Cobra.

blacknbluecobra

Sprayed and Dismayed
Established Member
Did he run it yesterday?? Its rained here all day. Also what track was opened? I wish i would have known it I would have taking mine.

Scottyk

Established Member
He brought it out of state somewhere I believe Kansas City but we must have lost connection on the cell phone and I didnt get where he was at.. Should come back with a video knowing him

Subway#1

Banned
8.72 was the best it ever ran, BEST!!! with the owner who built it, with experiance driving it!, Ok this guy bought it, never drove it before, no seat time etc and went and broke the record, ya right, Now post the video and prove it, shit my Geo metro ran 9.0s also...lol

N20BOB

Banned
No dissrespect to the New owner, but thats a awfull impressive pass, I agree lets see a video or some proof, JR spent alot of time getting that car to where it was, and BAM someone blows his record away with his old car...hum!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I love how the naysayers have a total of 6 posts combined. Three of which are from this thread alone. :poke:

Oh, and having the same IP address makes it all the more interesting.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Oh, and banned! I guess a lot of people don't get that as a moderator I can see your IP address just as if it is your SN. :nonono:

YGETV8

Established Member
The car came from Gettysburg, Pa.

I believe he was meaning to race, he took it out of IA. No tracks open around here yet!

To the naysayer(s): give the guy a chance! Tracks vary around the country and, that said, Joe is a good driver who currently has four or five BADASS rides, one of which was an 8 second (IIRC) YSI powered Fox body.

TORQJNKY

I believe he was meaning to race, he took it out of IA. No tracks open around here yet!

To the naysayer(s): give the guy a chance! Tracks vary around the country and, that said, Joe is a good driver who currently has four or five BADASS rides, one of which was an 8 second (IIRC) YSI powered Fox body.

I agree. You don't go out and buy an 8 second car and immediately take it to the track never having raced before. This guy obviously has track experience and quite a few passes under his belt. On two different tracks, on two different days, with two differernt drivers you could definately see a .11 second improvement in any car.

GodStang

Established Member
I miss JRS... He was a good guy. Congrats to the new guy glad he has gotten it to the track.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty cool. Yeah, JRS is missed, but his awesome car lives on here. Congrats to the new owner. That was one impressive run as posted by Scottyk. :beer:

I know the naysayer was banned, but I just don't get why some people are so quick to disbelieve a post. Jealousy? Eternal pessimist? :shrug:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
jesus this area is getting to have alot of 03-04 cobras. awesome time!!!

Yea, there are plenty in c.r., iowa city area. :beer:
Congrats... :beer: Probably a video was made. Kcir suppose to be open sat. for test and tune barring rain. I know Scott well, very good guy. :beer: w a fast fox body.

Users who are viewing this thread