New record blower only cobra!!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
As many of you know JRS BLOWN SNAKE sold his record setting cobra, someone local to me bought it and had it out at the track today and Im not sure if it is a new record or not but he just told me it ran a 8.61 on blower only with a twin screw and he still has a hit a nitrous to throw on it!! His name here is ALLGO, just wanted to congratulate him on a great pass :rockon: This is a SRA/auto car with a twin screw on it. Very impressive!!

Hey guys/gals,

That would be awesome if Joe accomplished this. The motor was freshened up, Big Stuff 3 and nitrous installed before he got the car. I would think Joe would call me when he did this. We've kept in good contact. He did call me on Sunday, 03-08. He was heading home from Kansas City with the car. He said he made 4 license passes. 5 are needed. He saw something that concerned him on the car, so did not make a 5th pass. He said he was taking it easy on a moderate pass and got out of it and went 9.50 @ 130.. That shows he let off pretty early. He also told me he had a 1.23 60 ft. That's amazing. My best was a 1.25.

There's no doubt that car is going to go 8.50's. With the addition of the Big Stuff 3, and 120 lb injectors, there is room to play with the tune. I went 8.72 on the stock computer and 75lb injectors.

Joe is a great guy. I wish him well. Records are meant to be broken !!!!!

J.R.

Scottyk

Established Member
I believe he was meaning to race, he took it out of IA. No tracks open around here yet!

To the naysayer(s): give the guy a chance! Tracks vary around the country and, that said, Joe is a good driver who currently has four or five BADASS rides, one of which was an 8 second (IIRC) YSI powered Fox body.

His fox is actually a 10 second car that "SHOULD" be able to break into the nines fairly easy, along with his GN too. I guess Im not 100% sure what the new cobra ran, I still havent seen a video or slip or anything. We live in the same town so we'll find out come spring. So I guess the title of fastest twin screw should be erased for now.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
sick ass picture!^

Thanks. Here are a couple from The Oct. 2008 Terminator Shootout.

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

J.R.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Yes that would be great, some pics of one of the fastest twin screw cobras underhood. Both Scott and I have 03's. :thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
i know you miss it J.R......

Sometimes Carlos. I did everything I ever wanted to with Cobra's. I had 6 of them, altogether.

Man, it just gets so darn expensive. I would throw up if I ever tried to add up what I put in all of those cars to get them where they are.

I just turned 40 and going to chill out for a while. I have to let you younger fellas do some catching up..lol.. You're not very far away. I wish you the best with your new setup. I hope you can smash my record..

For now, I'll sit back and troll the boards once in a while to see how everyone is doing.

God Bless,

J.R.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
J.R. nice to see you still keeping up with your car. I was the Redfire Vert in Maryland at the Terminator Shootout parked right in front of you.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
i know you miss it J.R......

Sometimes Carlos. I did everything I ever wanted to with Cobra's. I had 6 of them, altogether.

Man, it just gets so darn expensive. I would throw up if I ever tried to add up what I put in all of those cars to get them where they are.

I just turned 40 and going to chill out for a while. I have to let you younger fellas do some catching up..lol.. You're not very far away. I wish you the best with your new setup. I hope you can smash my record..

For now, I'll sit back and troll the boards once in a while to see how everyone is doing.

God Bless,

J.R.
yeah i feel you on the $$$ situation, its put a big dent for me. going to be hard to smash your record. but you know me i will try. have fun in your new place and let us know when is the first GTG!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
8.72 was the best it ever ran, BEST!!! with the owner who built it, with experiance driving it!, Ok this guy bought it, never drove it before, no seat time etc and went and broke the record, ya right, Now post the video and prove it, shit my Geo metro ran 9.0s also...lol

What's you'uns damned problem junior. Just because he built it and ran a good time doesn't mean he can/will/did wring the shit out of it. I can get in just about anyones 03 and run equal if not better.

Users who are viewing this thread