new proud owner of a gt500!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Mgw May or may not cure it...basically go out and hammer a 1-2 like you are racing someone and if it fights and gives up the grind, you got it. I have it, but if am still running stock shifter...a wot box (cuts power while foot on clutch and you can bang the next gear, let clutch out and wham powers back) cured my grind problem 100% and it's a blast to bang gears while keeping your foot to the floor and being 100% safe...n2mbracing.com they are $169 free shipping. A few hours of your time and you are good. It's a life saver...and save your money on the intake. I make almost 600 wheel with a ported stock blower, 2.59 upper pulley, and 15% lower crank pulley and offroad x pipe. Still stock intake etc. save your dough. There is a silencer in there you may want to pull out that kills some supercharger sound.

Congrats and welcome. To the club, car looks great and you got a great deal.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Congrats, love the color combo.

I'd make Drag Radials your first mod. Stock tires are garbage.

If I had to do it over again, i might just go:
1. drag radials
2. MGW (just ordered one tonight)
3. TVS

Will give you 600+ rwhp, traction, and the ability to shift into 2nd :)

Heat Exchanger would be 4th mod.

Hopefully you don't have the 1-2 shift issue. It really is a bummer. Hope my MGW (and a fluid change) cures it. It really is the only negative I can think of with these 11-12's.

Buy the WOT box from n2mb racing. Best money I ever spent. Solved all grinding issues and I can hit gears with assurance and like an automatic

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Buy the WOT box from n2mb racing. Best money I ever spent. Solved all grinding issues and I can hit gears with assurance and like an automatic

I've been following your story….hoping this mechanical fix does the trick, if not i'll be looking into the WOT box (or just selling and looking for a used 13). Sucks to have all that TVS power and not be able to get a decent run because of the shift issue.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
I've been following your story….hoping this mechanical fix does the trick, if not i'll be looking into the WOT box (or just selling and looking for a used 13). Sucks to have all that TVS power and not be able to get a decent run because of the shift issue.

I agree 100%, I am going to try and take some in car videos soon to show some of you guys how it works. But the 13s grind as well, so do not be in a hurry. There are several complaints and videos of them grinding under WOT, if that doesn't help your car, then buy the WOT box, I honestly was like ya ok sure, but it honestly did it, I love rowing the gears in it now, and the 2 step function is great in parking lot meets or where girls are haha

charged87

Established Member
I haven't even seen it it person yet so I'll see if it has the grind issue. .. a shifter will be the first mod if it has it or not. I really wish it had the factory nav in it, whats the best way to go spend the money on a ford nav or go aftermarket? I like how you can control all the climate controls from the ford unit.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Ford Nav, a few pop up in market section here and there, you will need a new radio bezel as well if you get he nav. Ford did a great job with the nav in these cars from the factory, I use mine everyday and love it.

Reis racing

Established Member
Hey I heard u got the gt500 let me know if u wanna do a side by side roll to see the difference a tvs blower from the 13 and 14 does.

charged87

Established Member
Hey I heard u got the gt500 let me know if u wanna do a side by side roll to see the difference a tvs blower from the 13 and 14 does.

Sure sounds good. . Your making a lot more than me so I would imagine you pulling away easily. I'm not even sure what the 2010 put down stock?

gallopingford

Hi, my name is Cam
Established Member
Congrats! Very nice ride. Love the silver/black combo

2010 was 540 crank HP.

As for the factory nav, it is very complicated to add on the 2010+ cars, the entire dash harness is different.

Reis racing

Established Member
I didn't even read your post, Bruno said u got a 11 but just seen u posted its a 10. so it still has the iron block. 1st mod should be a stock 13, 14 Tvs

Last edited:

charged87

Established Member
Congrats! Very nice ride. Love the silver/black combo

2010 was 540 crank HP.

As for the factory nav, it is very complicated to add on the 2010+ cars, the entire dash harness is different.

Oh didn't think the harness was different on the nav radio. I'll probably just leave it alone. I like the factory look of the ford nav and I don't know how well a aftermarket unit would look or work with the steering wheel controls.
I was looking at a 2011 steve in dartmouth but when I called on it they sold it already. It had around 15k for milage and sold for 38 or 39 I think.

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I say do a torque arm from Griggs :) That and a C&R heat exchanger.

einehund

Established Member
I've got a '10 as well. Your color combo is awesome!! I've got the grind, but only a very mild case of it. I've got a 10% lower and 2.59 upper with the 65mm CJ TB and a tune to top it off. each one of those can be bought for pretty cheap if you look for them and they add up to a big smile! enjoy your new ride.

charged87

Established Member
Thanks again fellas... I got to take it for a ride yesterday and it did have a slight grind in 2nd when trying to quick shift it... so a shifter will be the first thing and hope it goes away. Only eye sore is the front driver's rim has a small section of curb rash with some deep groves in it. If I can find one oem rim that would be great. . What's the exact size on these so I can try and find one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread