New Product For The Mgw Shifter>>>>

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
hey guys,

i have been working with a company in new england on molding a cusotm rubber inner boot for the mgw shifter. this boot works great for those that have already cut their inner dust boot from previous shifter installls. if you have a non altered boot you can also use it with a simple mod.

here is the boot....

shiftboot1.jpg

installed on the MGW shifter looks like this...

shiftboot3.jpg

the inner boot on your car needs to modifed by simply cutting out the center first rib of the accordion shape. it should look like this...

shiftboot2.jpg

now you can simply push the FACTORY inner boot down around the BASE of the MGW shifter and then install the MGW boot on top of the center shaft and around the shifter base. it looks like this when installed.

shiftboot4.jpg

the beneifts are many with this new boot....

1. is not as stiff as the factory second inner boot that some guys are putting on the MGW shifter. the one that is connected to your factory shifter.

2. allows the picture frame inner boot pictured above to seal the base of the MGW shifter from all dust and moisture and also reduces road noise by a good amount.

3. the mgw boot SEALS the top of the shifter from any dirt or debris and also still gives a nice free feel to the shifter. it also muffles road noise and tranny whine coming up from the shifter.

i should have them in stock in about 4 weeks. they will be an optional accessory on the MGW shifter page. if you already have a shifter you can retrofit this boot no problem.

price will run about 8.00 each to cover modling and per piece costs,.

regards
george

www.mgwltd.com

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
I missed this post. The way it seals the shifter sounds like a great idea.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Looks really good.

Glad to see such though put into such a simple (but effective) piece.

Any chance of us seeing an '05+ shifter from you soon?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
thanks George!

benefit #3 is enough to convince me

I want my MGW shifter to last as long as my car....

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
please post in the new edge forum too. WE wanaa count too!

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
I got mine and it is in.

Install would have been easy if my 8mm socket hadn't walked off. Kind of tight for the small wrench.

04TNCobra

Mystichrome #794
Established Member
AC Mech said:
Feedback on the product please...

The selling point for me was that it seals the top of the shifter. A little peace of mind that maybe it will keep the shifter in good condition longer.

For road noise, I don't know it didn't bother me before so :shrug:

And as far as making it more free moving I haven't got to drive it with everything back together. It should be a little easier since it's not attached to anything like the stock rubber boot.

And it did give me an excuse to buy that license plate frame I've been wanting.;-)

Charles236

Established Member
I have ordered one, since I'm in Greenville, SC, I may get it today (ordered it Wednesday morning). I'm looking forward to quietening the road noise down a bit, it is the biggest annoyance in my car. It is good to see a boot designed for the MGW shifter, the shifter is too nice of a piece to jury rig a boot for.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice product!! If you want to quiet down your shifter even more, install my shifter gasket set. Used with this new boot, a good percentage of tranny gear noise should be eliminated. Remember that the noise factor is greater in some transmissions than in others. Mine was noisy as heck. Others aren't as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread