New Procharger for 2011 5.0!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
so, at the track or on the street when your wide open throttle, you think you are shifting in at 3800 rpms?

i'll tell you what, you take that whipple car, and set it up to shift where it comes in @ 3800 we'll race for pinks,

these are high revving motors. i didn't see where the shifts are coming in, but if i had to guess, they will be coming in somewhere close to 5k

hell, i just went back and looked. what the hell are reading on the graph that i'm not seeing??

Just looked closer at the graphs, what exactly are you smoking, unless i'm just reading wrong, i tried to graph the 2 side by side, based on look. Where is the whipple killing??

Not to mention the vortech is an auto, the auto centri is right there all the way across, add the 5% loss for the trans and the centri is actually got it all the way across the whipple

-------whipple-manual vortech-auto

rpm----hp---torque--------hp---torque

3800--320---435----------325---425

4200--370---465----------355---432

4600--405---470----------400---445

5000--445---475----------435---445

5400--475---460----------470---442

5800--495---445----------495---440

6200--520---435----------515---430

6600--530---420----------525---420

7000--let off spike------528---415

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
People who compare dyno sheets from two different cars, with different setups on different dynos under different conditions, are morons.

Also, I'd like to know how the Vortech made more power with less torque at the same RPM at 3800.

I'm pretty sure that hp=tq*RPM/5252, so something is up with the numbers you posted.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
825- Yeah- good luck with that.
If I were trying to get 800+ out of a built 5.0, ProCharger's entry level blower would not be the way I would go. Even with this free flowing, high compression engine, the blower would of been way out of it's own efficiency range long ago. I know you were just quoting the manufacturers specs, but everyone and their mothers know that the P1SC is better suited for quite a bit less than that.

Actually at the power level that these cars are expected to operate at (500 ish to the wheels) these blowers are just right. Believe it or not bigger is not always better. The key is to get your pump operating in the highest efficiency range for the desired pressure and RPM, using a bigger compressor but running at lower RPM, is not necessarily the best way to accomplish that.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Actually at the power level that these cars are expected to operate at (500 ish to the wheels) these blowers are just right. Believe it or not bigger is not always better. The key is to get your pump operating in the highest efficiency range for the desired pressure and RPM, using a bigger compressor but running at lower RPM, is not necessarily the best way to accomplish that.

i'm using a ttrim right now, the production kits will be more than likely be an sq i'm sure, they will probably make more power at the lower boost levels to be honest.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
People who compare dyno sheets from two different cars, with different setups on different dynos under different conditions, are morons.

Also, I'd like to know how the Vortech made more power with less torque at the same RPM at 3800.

I'm pretty sure that hp=tq*RPM/5252, so something is up with the numbers you posted.

it's close enough of a comparison, when someone is saying one blower is "killing" the other, when in fact the other blower is right there with more load drawn through the auto.

as far as the calculation, it's just eying the graph, it's not an exact, technically by the formula 320hp = 442 torque at that rpm

mixxer

Established Member
1 sheet is a dyno jet and the other is a mustang dyno, 1 car is automatic and other is stick. Cant compare the two. i also believe beefcake has gears in his car too,dont know about the twin screw.There are to many factors that make this conversation pointless.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
1 sheet is a dyno jet and the other is a mustang dyno, 1 car is automatic and other is stick. Cant compare the two. i also believe beefcake has gears in his car too,dont know about the twin screw.There are to many factors that make this conversation pointless.

yep, the gears dropped fred's car what? 20rwhp right out of the gate?

geared, md dyno,, automatic, and still right there with the other car

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member

Exactly. That's why I said I didn't know the variables. But if you put 2 of the same cars both pullied for a max of 9#'s of boost, but one with a TS and one with a centri, the TS will make more average power because its making most of it's max boost throughout the rpm range, where as the centri is only making it at the very end.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
it's close enough of a comparison, when someone is saying one blower is "killing" the other, when in fact the other blower is right there with more load drawn through the auto.

as far as the calculation, it's just eying the graph, it's not an exact, technically by the formula 320hp = 442 torque at that rpm

Are the cars design to have the same maximum boost?

If not, then you can add that to the list of things that makes the comparison invalid.

As said above, different dyno, different conditions, different drivetrain, likely different boost levels, your comparison is not only invalid, it is retarded.

Now, if you can find a whipple making "9 or 10" psi max, like you think your car does (as posted in your other thread) on a car with an auto transmission and have them both dynoed on the same day, on the same dyno and tuned by the same person, then you will have a valid comparison.

On another note, I did agree with you in your criticism of meatymac's claim that neither the Procharger or the Vortech in the kits posted previously was enough blower for an otherwise stock 5.0'

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL, this devolved into a laughing stock rather quickly. "yea man, even on a mustang dyno and with gears my car is still right there with the other one!", LMAO, GTFO of here:lol:

i don't care if a centi has 100HP over the whipple, i'll go whipple every single time based on looks, low end, and sound alone.
On another note, I did agree with you in your criticism of meatymac's claim that neither the Procharger or the Vortech in the kits posted previously was enough blower for an otherwise stock 5.0'
did you read meatymac's post? he said "built 5.0l" and "800HP" in the post that you quoted. he's absolutely right.
To the track I say!
...with otherwise equivalent cars and drivers! would love to see that comparo!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
LOL, this devolved into a laughing stock rather quickly. "yea man, even on a mustang dyno and with gears my car is still right there with the other one!", LMAO, GTFO of here:lol:

i don't care if a centi has 100HP over the whipple, i'll go whipple every single time based on looks, low end, and sound alone.

did you read meatymac's post? he said "built 5.0l" and "800HP" in the post that you quoted. he's absolutely right.

...with otherwise equivalent cars and drivers! would love to see that comparo!

so fkn what, you like the screws, i like centri's

the whole point of the comparison, even though there are varialbes was the schmuck that said at 3800 the whipple was slaughtering the vortech.

when, that is simply not the case,

and there is a lot more if you want to lean on the centri as well. there are cars at the same 9psi boost level making close to 7 at the wheels with a manual, dynojet, and leaned on a little bit

that is a slaughter

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member

the whole point of the comparison, even though there are varialbes was the schmuck that said at 3800 the whipple was slaughtering the vortech.

and there is a lot more if you want to lean on the centri as well. there are cars at the same 9psi boost level making close to 7 at the wheels with a manual, dynojet, and leaned on a little bit

that is a slaughter
ya, i misread the graphs, i ws on the phone, trying to look at them. but that doesnt mean you need to turn into an internet bad ass and call me a schmuck, when you are the one trying to compare a modified auto car with a centri on a mustang dyno to a bone stock whiple stick car on a dyno jet.

you mean to tell me you think your vortech at 3800 rpm and only making 3.5#s of boost would really be making more tq than a whippled car that would be making close to the full 9#'s of bost at 3800 rpm?

dg98gt

Established Member
This isn't pointed to anyone in particular..........BUT!

Anyone that has been around knows that an AUTO car on a MD will read substantially lower than a STICK car on a dynojet. So, given that history, I think it is safe to say that Beefcake's Centri car is making awesome power no matter how much you want to compare to a whipple car. I'm sure a procharged car will be awesome too.

I'm not a nutswinging "whipple" or "centri" guy either. I have a vortech on my 98 (love it), and I will probably go turbo or whipple on my 2011 when I get that just to have something different.

GROW UP!

Later,
Derrick

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ya, i misread the graphs, i ws on the phone, trying to look at them. but that doesnt mean you need to turn into an internet bad ass and call me a schmuck, when you are the one trying to compare a modified auto car with a centri on a mustang dyno to a bone stock whiple stick car on a dyno jet.

you mean to tell me you think your vortech at 3800 rpm and only making 3.5#s of boost would really be making more tq than a whippled car that would be making close to the full 9#'s of bost at 3800 rpm?

look at the graph?? thats what i'm saying, your argument is ludicrous as both graphs are posted.

i have exhaust, good for 23 rwhp, i have 4.10 gears, proven to drop 20 rwhp on the dyno. so, your even. both cars have a supercharger.

so whats the big difference?? they are making almost exactly the same power and torque all the way across the graphs.

now add to the fact a dynojet usually reads 6% lower and autos dyno about 5% lower than sticks. it's a "fair" comparison, is it exact, no, but there definately isn't a giant advantage to the screw blower

and you said it again, do i think my car is making the same power?? LOOOOOKKK at the graphs, it's not rocket science!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
This isn't pointed to anyone in particular..........BUT!

Anyone that has been around knows that an AUTO car on a MD will read substantially lower than a STICK car on a dynojet. So, given that history, I think it is safe to say that Beefcake's Centri car is making awesome power no matter how much you want to compare to a whipple car. I'm sure a procharged car will be awesome too.

I'm not a nutswinging "whipple" or "centri" guy either. I have a vortech on my 98 (love it), and I will probably go turbo or whipple on my 2011 when I get that just to have something different.

GROW UP!

Later,
Derrick

thats exactly what i was trying to point on

and the car hauls, should have some track times tomorrow

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member

You're right, I read the whole thread and went to respond to his post saying they were too small and grabbed the wrong post.

I meant to grab this one:

Cute setups for sure. But neither one is enough blower for this engine.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

that is a slaughter
EASY KILLER! what, god forbid i actually have an opinion? i'm sorry, oh great one, didn't know that opinions in favor of anything but centi superchargers weren't allowed here.
dude, get the **** over your self. the 2 dyno runs are not comparable at all, no matter how much you try to justify it. you like centis, that's cool, here's a cookie.

cookie.gif

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
EASY KILLER! what, god forbid i actually have an opinion? i'm sorry, oh great one, didn't know that opinions in favor of anything but centi superchargers weren't allowed here.
dude, get the **** over your self. the 2 dyno runs are not comparable at all, no matter how much you try to justify it. you like centis, that's cool, here's a cookie.

cookie.gif

for once, i am agreeing with you 100% that the dyno's aren't comparable,

the whipple car is on a dynojet that makes more power at the wheels than an MD dyno

the whipple car is a stick car that has less drivetrain loss, average stock dyno of 360's vs average stock dyno of 340's on the dyno.

so, i am glad you have figured out that it's not a fair comparison that the centri should be getting it's butt kicked. problem is, it's not

and for the record, i owned a 99cobra with a centri, then an 01 lightning with a screw, then a 90 gt with a centri, then an 04 cobra with a screw, then an 06 gt with a centri, then an 08 shelby with a screw, then an 08 vette with a centri, then another 04 cobra (whippled), then a turbo'd 2010 taurus, then a 2010 gt with a screw, and now a 2011 with a screw.

i am not opposed to screw blowers at all, obviously, my point is it being said the whipple car is killing the centri car, when it simply is not true, numbers which should be well in favor of the whipple for the conditions, are not,

Users who are viewing this thread