New Procharger for 2011 5.0!

03Cobra1979

Established Member
That is for sure the kit I will go with. The only thing I do not like about it is the air intake has no choice but to suck in hot air from the engine compartment.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I'm not digging the air intake placement....does anyone think thats going to be an issue? I just don't think I have ever seen the intake anywhere else other than the front of the engine compartment somewhere.

AmnDucky

Established Member

Why is that? At least the Vortech intake is in a decent place. And both are clean installs. Dont let the fact that the engine cover is removed so the engine bay looks really cluttered sway your opinion.

attachment.php

01_procharger2011system-585x415.jpg

chrisheltra

Established Member
I'm not digging the air intake placement....does anyone think thats going to be an issue? I just don't think I have ever seen the intake anywhere else other than the front of the engine compartment somewhere.

Unless the engine compartment is air tight I dont see where it matters.:shrug:

blk00gtvert

Established Member
trust me it does not matter... people said the same thing about the 05+ kits and we proved that sucking air from back there when you are moving has no issue what so ever... PLUS its going to get cooled down by the intercooler anyway...

bssmith1220

Established Member
I'm certainly not saying my opinion is right...just saying I've never seen that before. But I have never really looked at any 05+ kits, and I didn't think about the intercooler.

dantheman91

Established Member
it is weird that the air filter is all the way back there but it will not really matter because this supercharger kit is intercooled

03Cobra1979

Established Member
Why is that? At least the Vortech intake is in a decent place. And both are clean installs. Dont let the fact that the engine cover is removed so the engine bay looks really cluttered sway your opinion.

attachment.php

01_procharger2011system-585x415.jpg

I will not be going with the vortech this time around because the kit requires you to cut the nice looking intake/throttle body cover. The procharger just looks like a much nicer install in my opinion picture for picture. If I was not on my phone I will post all pictures from both installs so people could see the entire difference.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
The intake cover can be easily modified to fit around the Vortech supercharger. Im sure the company that does your install can do this for you. The Vortech kit has a more cleaner look anyway you look at it.

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
You would loose more trying to turn the pipe in a U then putting where it is. It will feed the blower much better making less heat. procharger makes a better blower IMO! I think the vortech is good just not as good.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I will not be going with the vortech this time around because the kit requires you to cut the nice looking intake/throttle body cover. The procharger just looks like a much nicer install in my opinion picture for picture. If I was not on my phone I will post all pictures from both installs so people could see the entire difference.

I for one dont like the covers that hide todays engines. If I purchased a 11 gt that would be the first thing I do, take that damn cover off! Of course if I purchased a 5.0 I would not be blowing it either. If I wanted mass power and more weight on the front I would get the gt500 instead.

My 5.0 would have weight reduction, griggs, intake, lt's, tune, and maybe head work for even more flow n/a. Goal would be 450rwhp at 3500 fully wet!!!

04Sonic

Established Member
We are a dealer kits ship 8/16 pm me with any questions.

Formula51

Established Member
I for one dont like the covers that hide todays engines. If I purchased a 11 gt that would be the first thing I do, take that damn cover off! Of course if I purchased a 5.0 I would not be blowing it either. If I wanted mass power and more weight on the front I would get the gt500 instead.

My 5.0 would have weight reduction, griggs, intake, lt's, tune, and maybe head work for even more flow n/a. Goal would be 450rwhp at 3500 fully wet!!!

I'm still waiting to see if anyone hits that number (450rwhp) on pump gas NA. It will be VERY impressive if they do.

It took excellent flowing heads with a well matched/aggressive cam and all the supporting bolt-on's to hit around that number in a 5.7L LS1. We are talking heads that flow better than the new Ford 5.0's heads, a seriously aggressive cam, and more cubes. Not saying it can't be done, just that it would be an impressive feat.

It's easy in an LS3....too bad the only lightweight car they put that engine in is a Vette. :pop:

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm still waiting to see if anyone hits that number (450rwhp) on pump gas NA. It will be VERY impressive if they do.

It took excellent flowing heads with a well matched/aggressive cam and all the supporting bolt-on's to hit around that number in a 5.7L LS1. We are talking heads that flow better than the new Ford 5.0's heads, a seriously aggressive cam, and more cubes. Not saying it can't be done, just that it would be an impressive feat.

It's easy in an LS3....too bad the only lightweight car they put that engine in is a Vette. :pop:

Is that all the 5.7's hit? 5.5 dohc from boss 330 hit 593rwhp(race gas) n/a. Of course this 5.5 probably would not pass ca smog II. But whats funny is that I had 3 or 4 people trying to argue that the 5.0 was so technilogically advanced that it would be able to create more hp than the the old n/a 5.4 dohc....:lol:

Long tubes with cats, tune and intake has already hit 415 rwhp.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4-arh-headers-pick-up-25-rwhp-jlts-5-0-a.html

Formula51

Established Member
Is that all the 5.7's hit? 5.5 dohc from boss 330 hit 593rwhp(race gas) n/a. Of course this 5.5 probably would not pass ca smog II. But whats funny is that I had 3 or 4 people trying to argue that the 5.0 was so technilogically advanced that it would be able to create more hp than the the old n/a 5.4 dohc....:lol:

Long tubes with cats, tune and intake has already hit 415 rwhp.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4-arh-headers-pick-up-25-rwhp-jlts-5-0-a.html

415 is very nice but still far from 450. 450 on 93 octane with a streetable idle that can idle in traffic without overheating and surging like crazy is no easy thing. Especially for a normal person/income. It does seem like it might be possible though which is very impressive. Very different powerband than the LS engines though.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
415 is very nice but still far from 450. 450 on 93 octane with a streetable idle that can idle in traffic without overheating and surging like crazy is no easy thing. Especially for a normal person/income. It does seem like it might be possible though which is very impressive. Very different powerband than the LS engines though.

with 415rwhp from long tubes, intake and tune... your saying that a head and cam upgrade won't make an additional 35rwhp to make 450rwhp? I've seen cams make about that much alone.

Users who are viewing this thread